PDA

View Full Version : Image questions

kingdrew
April 23rd, 2010, 05:14
First, I am a noob, I've spent most of today creating my first campaign, modules, and tokens. but I'm having difficulty understanding maps and images.

I draw or copy a map or image into the correct folder. Open FGII open the image or map and it's huge. I change the size of the map or image in Photoshop and it makes the image bigger in FG? or it doesn't change at all?

Is there some way to regulate how big the image or map is in FG? Is there a way outside of FG to set the size so that its not so big in FG? or I want to have the images the right size so that there doesn't have to be any panning or resizing inside of FG.

Any help at all about this topic would greatly be appreciated.

oh and somewhere in one of Xorne's video tutorials he says something about 700 x 700 is about the size it will max too. but not sure how that plays into what I'm asking.

tdewitt274
April 23rd, 2010, 13:16
First, I am a noob, I've spent most of today creating my first campaign, modules, and tokens. but I'm having difficulty understanding maps and images.

I draw or copy a map or image into the correct folder. Open FGII open the image or map and it's huge. I change the size of the map or image in Photoshop and it makes the image bigger in FG? or it doesn't change at all?

Is there some way to regulate how big the image or map is in FG? Is there a way outside of FG to set the size so that its not so big in FG? or I want to have the images the right size so that there doesn't have to be any panning or resizing inside of FG.

Any help at all about this topic would greatly be appreciated.

oh and somewhere in one of Xorne's video tutorials he says something about 700 x 700 is about the size it will max too. but not sure how that plays into what I'm asking.

This may be due to the "zoom" feature. Hold CTRL and drag the sides of the image. You should see the image scale down. If you drag the sides out, it will get bigger.

kingdrew
April 23rd, 2010, 14:42
I understand that but i was wanting to know if there was some way to size the images before hand so that you don't have to zoom or adjust them at all in FG to see the whole image. Is there a specific size image that's good for this

tdewitt274
April 23rd, 2010, 14:58
I understand that but i was wanting to know if there was some way to size the images before hand so that you don't have to zoom or adjust them at all in FG to see the whole image. Is there a specific size image that's good for this

That might be something determined by the ruleset.

I saw reference in the d20 ruleset of a minimum of 200x200, maximum of 700x700, default size of 500x500.

File: adventure_images.xml
Windowclass: imagewindow