PDA

View Full Version : Dropping Items into Character Sheet

cpbs
April 19th, 2010, 18:14
Is there an extension or code change to the d20/3.5/or d20_JPG, that allows the ability to drop items into the character sheet, under the equipment tab? If not is anyone looking to work on it?

The functionality that I am thinking of is kind of what it looks like when you add spells to the players spell list from the Spell library module. You are able to drag the gray square box over the section and then it adds it to that section.

Moon Wizard
April 21st, 2010, 01:23
This is one of the items on my list for the 3.5E/d20_JPG merge.

Cheers,
JPG

cpbs
April 21st, 2010, 02:05
Thanks again, will look forward to it! :)

Velocinox
April 21st, 2010, 08:50
This is one of the items on my list for the 3.5E/d20_JPG merge.

Cheers,
JPG

Would the D20 Modern ruleset be included in the "3.5E/d20_JPG merge"? It sure could use some of the features in the JPG ruleset modifications.

(Sorry already replied in the 4E forum when I saw this.)

cpbs
April 23rd, 2010, 03:45
I was also wondering moon_wizard if this functionality could be incorporated into the personality function for npcs as well, when you implement it into the newest update? So as a GM I can drag items into the npc, and when the characters either kill or exchange with the npc, I can drag the items from the npcs sheet and then put them onto the players equipment list.

Moon Wizard
April 23rd, 2010, 22:11
I would like that for both the 3.5E and 4E rulesets, but I'm focusing on just the merge to start with. My hope is that I can keep the feature sets on 3.5E and 4E roughly parallel long-term, so if I do one then I plan on doing the other if it makes sense.

Cheers,
JPG

cpbs
July 25th, 2011, 02:15
Has there been anymore work on this, per the NPC items. I have done a hack job on changing some of the ruleset around to get this functionality but it does not totally work correctly as I am slowly still understanding the xml/lua code.

Just wondering if this idea will be implemented sometime in the future. I like having my NPC's being able to have a tab for their inventory.

Moon Wizard
July 25th, 2011, 07:00
The character portion is implemented in 2.8 version of 3.5E ruleset. None of the rulesets I have seen so far provide NPC inventory, other than as simple string on the NPC sheet.

I'll add NPC inventory management to the wish list.

Regards,
JPG