PDA

View Full Version : Switching between host and client on same pc problem

kanyon00
April 18th, 2010, 05:36
I am running windows 7 64bit home. When I alt-tab between the host and client it always seems to bring up the client. No matter which one I select I always get the players window. Can't seem to get back to the DM window. Thanks.

Moon Wizard
April 21st, 2010, 01:34
I just got a new Windows 7 64-bit Home machine. When I Alt-Tab while running 2 instances of FG (host and client), I see both windows in the list of possible windows. When I Alt-Tab to each instance, the focus is correctly registering and I can type in each window.

Any more information you can provide?

Thanks,
JPG

kanyon00
April 21st, 2010, 21:03
Interesting. I will try it again tonight, but when I alt-tab and try to select the current window it just jumps back to the other FG instance. I will let you know my results. Thanks for the help.

phantomwhale
April 22nd, 2010, 11:23
Are these full screen windows ?

With windows 7, if I alt-tab to a full-screen FGII instance, then other apps (like notepad, chrome etc...) stay infront of it, and all I see is the bottom inch (e.g. where the taskbar normally is).

If all other windows are minimized, then alt-tabbing works. But as a general rule, I try and keep FG in windowed mode on my Windows 7 laptop (I only use this for ruleset authoring, not playing, so this works fine for me).

kanyon00
April 23rd, 2010, 04:53
Thanks for the tips. I will give it a try =)