PDA

View Full Version : 4E Encounters and XP

PublicJohnDoe
April 17th, 2010, 19:37
I've noticed that in the 4E Encounters you can specify an encounter level and a XP amount for that encounter.

Is there a way to automatically split that XP amount among the party and add it to the current experience (I'm thinking something like the extension which divides money from treasure parcels) or it's there just as a reference?

Zeus
April 18th, 2010, 11:02
At the moment the XP field is for reference only. However it should be possible to add the feature you have requested.

I am currently working on Personalities, when thats finished I plan to move on to Items. I will add an Encounters extension to my projects list.

I am thinking it should be possible to add another button to the Encounters window that when clicked opens a small window which lists the current Party members (as long as the Partysheet extension is loaded and setup with party members) and provisionally allocates an XP amount based upon the an average split of the Encounter XP value.

The allocated XP fields could be made to be editable and another small button could then be made available that when clicked will allocate the assigned XP values to the PC charsheets. This should offer maximum flexibility for GMs who wish to make uneven distributions.

PublicJohnDoe
April 18th, 2010, 11:45
Brilliant! Really looking forward to your extensions! :)