PDA

View Full Version : What's in the offing?

DNH
April 16th, 2010, 09:15
So I finally get a chance to run a 4e session using the new v2.0 ruleset. It's all good (except some of my players grumble about parts of it being too complicated to achieve and not worth the candle) and I am very impressed. Unfortunately for me, our group has now decided to alter our DM schedule so that we will stick with a given game for longer. For me, that means I will not be playing 4e now until we have finished with Rise of the Runelords, which should be by about the end of 2010.

That's a shame and all that, and it was a difficult decision for me to take, but my thoughts are now along the lines of - I wonder what changes we shall see with FG2 and the 4e ruleset between now and the end of 2010?

Anyone in a position to comment?

Czarisyn
April 16th, 2010, 15:08
So I finally get a chance to run a 4e session using the new v2.0 ruleset. It's all good (except some of my players grumble about parts of it being too complicated to achieve and not worth the candle) and I am very impressed. Unfortunately for me, our group has now decided to alter our DM schedule so that we will stick with a given game for longer. For me, that means I will not be playing 4e now until we have finished with Rise of the Runelords, which should be by about the end of 2010.

That's a shame and all that, and it was a difficult decision for me to take, but my thoughts are now along the lines of - I wonder what changes we shall see with FG2 and the 4e ruleset between now and the end of 2010?

Anyone in a position to comment?

Its safe to assume that any changes due to Errata or the Dungeon/Dragon magazines, as well as anything from the newly released books should be supported if not already implemented.

To be honest, I've seen the exact same response to 4thEd as I did when 2nd->3rd and 3rd->3.5

Some players don't like change, others embrace it. Me, I've played so many different systems that I'm willing to give anything a shot. The most ridiculous in my book is Mutant Chronicles since you can die in character creation. My favorite is old school Deadlands, but I haven't get had a chance to try Savage Worlds.

DNH
April 16th, 2010, 15:35
I think you must have misunderstood the intent of my post. The players in our group do not have any problems at all with 4e; in fact, we all enjoy it very much. And we enjoy PF too. We are going to be concentrating on one game for longer each time, that is all. So we shall be sticking with RotRL until we are done, then playing my Mystara 4e campaign for about a year after that. So it's patience now for opportunities later. And after that, we shall be playing Kingmaker, which looks brilliant!

No, really I was looking to get the owners-developers to spill the beans on what they will be working on/rolling out over the next few months.

Czarisyn
April 16th, 2010, 16:40
except some of my players grumble about parts of it being too complicated to achieve and not worth the candle

That kinda threw me off but, its all good.

Moon Wizard
April 21st, 2010, 01:12
I have found that talking too much about what I might include in my work tends to set bad expectations, especially something I really wanted to do can't be done in time.

Right now, my focus is split between some FG client work and the 3.5E/d20_JPG merge. My guess is that any changes for the next few months on the 4E ruleset will be minor. I definitely plan to continue improving the ruleset, once I get more time.

Cheers,
JPG

Velocinox
April 21st, 2010, 08:48
I have found that talking too much about what I might include in my work tends to set bad expectations, especially something I really wanted to do can't be done in time.

Right now, my focus is split between some FG client work and the 3.5E/d20_JPG merge. My guess is that any changes for the next few months on the 4E ruleset will be minor. I definitely plan to continue improving the ruleset, once I get more time.

Cheers,
JPG

Will the D20 Modern ruleset get rolled into the "3.5E/d20_JPG merge"? I'm trying to do that now and other than moving the skills over, I'm having a rough time of it.