PDA

View Full Version : GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace

ronnke
April 16th, 2010, 05:29
Blue-white light flashed across the hull as the ship emerged from jumpspace. It had been nearly two years since the Emerald Monarch and her crew of 27 had gone beyond the borders of the Terran Confederation.

The navigator looked up from his console, barely able to contain his excitement. ‘Sir, I show successful emergence at the 100 diameter limit.’

The captain smiled, and let out a deep breath. It was as if an enormous weight had been lifted from him. ‘Contact Nusku Control, and pipe it through the ships intercom. I think there are some people that will want to hear this.’

‘Aye Sir,’ replied the communications officer.

“Nusku Orbital Control, this is Emerald Monarch, Nusku registry NU27664, arriving from the Apishal jump point at 2055 standard time, 23rd January 2173. Requesting transponder assignment and flight plan to Nusku Highport along minimum time trajectory.”

It took nearly four minutes for the reply.

“Emerald Monarch, this is Nusku Orbital Control, Your arrival has been recorded and accepted. You are cleared for minimum time trajectory to Nusku Highport, sqwark 4222… Welcome home.”

Muffled cheers penetrated the bridge from other parts of the ship. Not even the ship’s steel bulkheads could contain the crew’s joy at being home.

The captain rose form his chair. ‘Take us in. I will be in my quarters, I need to get our paperwork in order. Also, make sure the crew are aware that after we dock, there will be a service in the highport gardens for those that didn’t make it home with us.”

I am looking for 4 - 6 players, interested in playing a game set in the Interstellar Wars period of the Traveller universe. It will be played using Fantasy Grounds and the GURPS 4th Edition ruleset. Teamspeak3 will be used for voice communications, so the ability to at least listen in with Teamspeak will be necessary, however a microphone, while preferred, will not be essential.

The characters will be members of the crew on the Emerald Monarch, a 400-dton frontier merchant ship. It’s mission to forge new trade routes and explore opportunities within the ancient Vilani Imperium, while the 4th Interstellar War looms in the background.

Characters will be accomplished individuals built on 200pts.

Game sessions may be weekly, or fortnightly. This will depend largely on the player’s availability.

Game Calendar Link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=482

marcus_egan
April 16th, 2010, 06:05
The Traveller setting provided a backdrop for two really interesting campaigns in my old face to face group. I'm very much looking forward to exploring this Universe.

ronnke
April 16th, 2010, 06:21
The Traveller setting provided a backdrop for two really interesting campaigns in my old face to face group. I'm very much looking forward to exploring this Universe.

"Welcome aboard the Emerald Monarch. Choose your quarters, officers get a stateroom, the bunkrooms are for the rest of the crew. Have a look around, the captain will want to see you and fill you in on all the details."

Spyke
April 16th, 2010, 07:19
I've been wanting to play (or run) some Interstellar Wars for quite a while, but I'm in the UK, so would find the timezone difference tricky.

Spyke

ronnke
April 16th, 2010, 07:30
I will aim to have games sessions run for 3-4 hours. Given that information what times in GMT would you available on weekdays and weekends?

Spyke
April 16th, 2010, 08:43
I will aim to have games sessions run for 3-4 hours. Given that information what times in GMT would you available on weekdays and weekends?
Weekend mornings for me work well, so afternoon for you. Weekend afternoons I can usually arrange.

Weekdays I'm usually working, though as I'm freelance I can sometimes move things around. However, I'd find it very hard to guarantee a weekday during normal working hours sometime in advance.

Spyke

mr_h
April 16th, 2010, 15:04
G'ah...interested, but I'm not sure I could do weekly (or even biweekly at this point). :(

lokibee
April 17th, 2010, 01:39
would love to give it a try fri evenings best for me gmt -6 but sat mornings could work

ronnke
April 17th, 2010, 06:14
G'ah...interested, but I'm not sure I could do weekly (or even biweekly at this point). :(

The best I could suggest, is allow someone to play your character on sessions you can't be at.

ronnke
April 17th, 2010, 14:50
I have created a little web app that will help me in the planning of session times. If you are interested in playing this game, then click the following link and check the boxes for the times that you are available to play.

The info is entered into a database that I can set to return the names of those whose availability coincides with my availability.

https://ronnke.ath.cx/sessionplanner/?SessionKey=c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b

Xitan
April 17th, 2010, 15:53
I filled it out to see if it matches up with the rest of the group. I'm willing to try to work with whatever timeslot however.

marcus_egan
April 17th, 2010, 16:40
i filled out my preferred times but I can make room for this game if it doesn't align with the consensus.

monkeyjoe
April 18th, 2010, 08:50
I added the best time for me but I could probably be available at other times.

ronnke
April 18th, 2010, 09:00
I'll let you guys know soon (within a day), as to how the times matchup.

ronnke
April 18th, 2010, 16:17
Based on everyones current availability there is only one 3 hour timeslot in which, Xitan, Marcus, and myself are available. Unfortunately Monkeyjoe your specified times do not sufficiently match. For Xitan and Marcus, this is Saturday night.

https://ronnke.ath.cx/sessionplanner/?SessionID=1
Be sure to select your timezone up the top so that all times reflect you local time.

marcus_egan
April 18th, 2010, 16:48
That works for me

ronnke
April 18th, 2010, 19:50
I have 2 people wanting to play that have not given me their availabilty as yet. So session time may still be fluid.

marcus_egan
April 18th, 2010, 20:55
ok. I'm flexible with the time, anytime on the weekends basically.

Spyke
April 18th, 2010, 23:10
Ronnke, I filled in your form as soon as you announced it, but it doesn't seem to be reflected in your link.

Spyke

mr_h
April 19th, 2010, 00:04
Ah, I put in mine, 'just in case' I can find the free dates.... (I had time on saturdays but I occasionally game that night in another session).

demonsbane
April 19th, 2010, 00:22
Ronnke, I filled in your form as soon as you announced it, but it doesn't seem to be reflected in your link.

Spyke

Hey, I just saw the Traveller skin for Fantasy Grounds in your web page. Good work (this is for Oberoten, too).

ronnke
April 19th, 2010, 00:41

Spyke

I checked the database, and there is nothing unaccounted for. I suggest you submit it again.

Spyke
April 19th, 2010, 13:38
I checked the database, and there is nothing unaccounted for. I suggest you submit it again.
Done, thanks.

Spyke

Spyke
April 19th, 2010, 13:39
Hey, I just saw the Traveller skin for Fantasy Grounds in your web page. Good work (this is for Oberoten, too).
This was Foen's work; I'm just hosting a link to it on Obe's site. I agree, it looks really good.

Spyke

ronnke
April 20th, 2010, 05:19
I have 2 people wanting to play that have not given me their availabilty as yet. So session time may still be fluid.

I'm still waiting on these 2, when they have submitted their availability, then I will finalise the time and get information out to those playing.

ronnke
April 23rd, 2010, 05:36
From the posted times, there are two options, but in both cases we're going to fall a little short of the desired players.

1. Saturdays 09:00 GMT. James, and Spyke both available for the expected 3-4 hours session, with Slayveen only available for 2 hours.

or

2. Sunday 02:00 GMT. Marcus for 4 hours, Xitan for 3, with Mr_H and Slayveen both only available for 2 hours.

You can see the available times here:
https://ronnke.ath.cx/sessionplanner/?SessionID=1

So thats where we stand at the moment.

marcus_egan
April 23rd, 2010, 14:03
hmm... this looks to be a challenge. I can be flexible. Add 2-3 hours to my start and end times.

Slayveen
April 23rd, 2010, 15:58
I would prefer the Sunday times if possible, but I can be flexible with these as long as it's a weekend it should be no problem. Also, I have been away from the wife for a few months or so now and I am sure she will want her friday nights and saturday daytime so we will see on that one. Once I get started in school and work then I can be for sure what free time I actually have.

Xitan
April 23rd, 2010, 18:23
I'll do the same you can add 2 hours to my start and end time for the sunday block.

ronnke
April 24th, 2010, 03:00
I will post links to download the player information over this weekend sometime.

If we do not get any other expressions of interest for then game by say mid-week then we will go with the timeslot that has the best availability, which at this point is looking like the Sunday session.

Spyke
April 24th, 2010, 10:56
If we do not get any other expressions of interest for then game by say mid-week then we will go with the timeslot that has the best availability, which at this point is looking like the Sunday session.
If the game does end up at a time that some European players can't make, I could GM some Interstellar Wars as well, so nobody ends up disappointed.

Spyke

ronnke
April 29th, 2010, 02:24
Given the players availability we will be running this game on

Sundays @ 02:00 GMT
Marcus, Xitan, Mr_H and Slayveen have indicated there availability

If you are still interested in this game then please join the game in the game calendar.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=482

Character creation information can be downloaded here:
https://ronnke.ath.cx/the_empty_peace/Character_Info.pdf

I will also be running a mirror game for my normal gaming group. This will run on Thursdays @ 08:00 GMT. If that time suits those that can't make the Sunday timeslot then you are welcome to join that. Contact me if you are interested in doing this.

marcus_egan
April 29th, 2010, 04:35
excellent. I will make my character tonight.

marcus_egan
April 29th, 2010, 07:19
is the first session this Sunday? or next?

I can definitely make this Sunday but I will not be able to make next week, as I'm moving to the west coast during that weekend.

The following Sunday, and thereafter, I can participate.

You need to know that I'm really looking forward to this and will be a dependable player but I'm starting a new job on the 10th. The 9th will be spent moving in and kickin it around Seattle with the Moms.

And, on a side note, Traveller is awesome. I've been reading this book for the past few hours and the setting is just so well done.

Perhaps my favorite GURPS campaign was an Imperial Marine game based in the Spinward Marches, in what I *think* was the 9th Interstellar War.

Sgt. Bernard Walker never left a man behind...

ronnke
April 29th, 2010, 07:58
That will depend entirely on when people are ready to play. If everyone is ready to go by this weekend, then this weekend it will be.

Spinward Marches sounds more like "Third Imperium".

marcus_egan
April 29th, 2010, 08:11
you're probably right, it was a long time ago. I'll have to dig up my old notes.

Nonetheless, I'll plan on being ready for Sunday.

ronnke
April 29th, 2010, 18:19
The game log has been setup and is ready to go. This will be used by players to post thier characters between session log entries.

https://ronnke.ath.cx/the_empty_peace/blog/

ronnke
April 30th, 2010, 01:12
The character information sheet has been updated to include starting wealth and equipment information

Himo
April 30th, 2010, 07:39
I would be interested in this as well if you still have space.
I'm UK as well so the thursday slot would be better for me. I will add my availability to your session planner now. How long will are you planning to run the thursday game i.e 8pm - 11pm?

Also I've never played GURPS or traveller so may need some help setting up a character.

ronnke
April 30th, 2010, 08:39
I would be interested in this as well if you still have space.
I'm UK as well so the thursday slot would be better for me. I will add my availability to your session planner now. How long will are you planning to run the thursday game i.e 8pm - 11pm?

Also I've never played GURPS or traveller so may need some help setting up a character.

Helping with characters is no problem. If you want to get a bit of a handle on the system you can download for free the GURPS lite rules here:
https://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=SJG31-0004

GURPS Lite will give you an underatanding on how everything works, and get you into the system smoothly.

The session times will be 3-4 hours, and the Thursday sessions will start at 08:00 GMT. The session plan you submitted shows that you will not be availiable for either of the planned sessions.

Himo
April 30th, 2010, 09:09
Sorry thought it was 8pm not 8 am. Ah well hopefully we get some more europeans interested in a campaign. I will read the rules anyway in case any of the play times change or spyke decides to run a european game.

Xitan
May 1st, 2010, 01:57
Just got in from a buisness trip, i'll start on character tonight.

marcus_egan
May 2nd, 2010, 08:04
Darzamis was born and raised on Nusku, in one of the large cities the planet is known for. His parents, both aspiring scientists, immigrated to Nusku from a frontier world, seeking economic and educational opportunities

When he was just 5 years old, his parents were killed in the Terran orbital bombardment of Nusku in 2156. By some miracle, Darzamis survived and was later "rescued" by the post-invasion humanitarian effort. Having no surviving relatives on Nusku, he was moved to a war shelter, and in a years time, to an orphanage.

Having being educated and raised, largely, by Terran society, but also on a world with Vilani cultural roots, has given Darzamis an interesting perspective on his identity and culture.

At the age of 18, Darzamis enlisted in his mandatory Military service and he chose the Marine Corp. Nusku harbored many bad memories of his homeworld and the appeal of travelling to other star systems was incredibly appealing.

Naturally, expectations were soon tempered by reality.

Having scored higher on mental apptitude tests than a standard recruit, Darzamis was chosen for Field Medic training.

Upon graduation from basic, he was stationed on a military warship that saw very little action, due to the peace treaty signed after the battle of Nusku.

Darzamis has served his time in the military and has left with a slight disdain for centralized authority and violence. He signed up with the High Frontier Development Consortium shortly after his discharge and hopes to save up enough money to live on his own terms.

Darzamis feels like he doesn't belong fully in either Terran or Vilani culture. As a Vilani, serving in the Terran Marine Corp, he faced many social challenges and tests. His experience in the service has given him a cynical opinion of Military command structures and he was glad to get out and find work in the private sector.

Darzamis Mashani Ekala (https://www.sendspace.com/file/c4pyyw)

ronnke
May 5th, 2010, 22:04
I'm still waiting on characters to be submitted.

If there are others that would like to join the game, then please do so as there is still room for more players.

Xitan
May 6th, 2010, 03:55
All done but equipment should be in within the next couple of days.

borusa32
May 9th, 2010, 19:05
Hi

Thanks for the availability planner-very impressed.

Peter

ronnke
May 10th, 2010, 22:31
Looks like we are going to have a full game as 2 others have expressed interest. :)

I might schedule this coming weekend as a short setup/introduction session, and then the following weekend we start play. For those involved in the game keep an eye out on the game calendar and this thread for updates.

Those still making characters, please have them to me before this coming weekend if possible.

King Joey
May 14th, 2010, 13:49
I'm curious about the setting. I've played lots of GURPS (3e, though), but never GURPS Traveller. I did briefly play the Traveller RPG back in the '80s, but don't remember much of the actual universe. Is there a primer or handy resource to get a feel for the general setting?

ETA: oh, and I second the kudos on the session planner; that thing is pretty darn cool.

ronnke
May 14th, 2010, 15:11
There is a Traveller universe primer here. It also has a brief description of the "Interstellar Wars" period.

https://www.freelancetraveller.com/features/advents/ttaintro/travintro.html

If you are interested I can put together a bit more information for you.

King Joey
May 14th, 2010, 17:34
Seems pretty interesting. I'm still torn because I really don't feel like investing in yet another game system (4e), but 3e games -- as much as I miss them -- just aren't very easy to come by.

ronnke
May 14th, 2010, 21:13
The only real investment is Basic Set: Characters and if you also plan on GM'ing then you need Basic Set: Campaigns. Beyond that the other 4e material is "nice" but not essential as their 3e counterpart in most cases is still relevent or can be used with slight modification.

But all that aside, if you are interested in this game, then you don't need to invest in anything to play. The GURPS Fantasy Grounds ruleset is free, and you can make your character using GURPSLite and the templates I have provided in the character info document.

If you want to join us in our adventure into the Interstellar Wars, then hop aboard.

marcus_egan
May 15th, 2010, 04:00
yeah man, Ronnke is on point with the rules and I'm coming along with them too.

King Joey
May 15th, 2010, 17:06
I'm not 100% clear on how you intend the templates to be used, but I don't see a "Beam Weapon" skill on any of them or in the GURPS Lite.

I was thinking of a military/security type, but I see we already have a few of those. Is party distribution an issue or would another space gunner type be fine?

Shanistar
May 15th, 2010, 19:29
Derrik Parsons dreamed of flying from an early age. While his mother will tell you that his desire for flight began when she bought him a small orbiter airplane toy at the ripe young age of three, his father will tell you it began on his first trip aboard a flight from their home in California, to Florida. Either way, the flight bug bit Derrik (or "DP", as his friends call him), and his world has not been the same since.

Derrik was born in the year 2143 in San Diego, California to scientist parents. Upon graduation from high school with excellent grades, he was accepted into the University of Notre Dame, where he studied aeronautics of space and contragravity. While attending college, he volunteered for, and was accepted into, the Naval Officers Training Corps. While his parents had hoped he would be pulled to serve Terra in another way, they soon realized that their son desired to follow a path that would lead him to adventure. Upon graduation, Derrik was accepted into the pilot training program of the Terran Navy.

Derrik excelled during training, and his instructors took note of his aptitude for handling ships of varying size. His reputation began to build as a solid, capable, and dependable pilot.

Derrik was eventually assigned to the 22nd Transport Squadron, based out of Nusku. It was there that he attained the rank of Lieutenant JG, and his career path in the military seemed set for a meteoric rise.

Then came the accident.

While on a short jump, Derrik (who was at that time serving as temporary Captain) and his crew, aboard the naval ship Resilient Challenge, met with near disaster when the navigator entered the wrong coordinates. They came out of their jump in the middle of an asteroid belt, and the ship's hull was breached. While they were able to limp out of the field and back to Nusku, five crew members had been killed.

To his fellow pilots, Derrik was considered a hero for saving the ship and the rest of the crew, but to Naval administration he was responsible for the deaths of those in his charge, as well as the severe damage to the ship. While no charges were brought against him, he was quietly reassigned to perform admin duties.

Many sleepless nights followed, and Derrik suffered flashbacks of that fateful day. He felt a deep sense of responsibility for the accident, and it haunts him to this very day. It was then that he decided to leave his beloved Navy after his term of enlistment.

Derrik went back to California for a few months, and while there he met up with another former Navy pilot friend who was working for the High Frontier Development Consortium. Sensing a deepening depression in Derrik, his friend convinced him to apply to the HFDC.

With a renewed sense of purpose, Derrik has served honorably with the Consortium, and as a pilot on the Emerald Monarch, a whole new universe awaits.

Let the adventure begin...

ronnke
May 15th, 2010, 22:39
I'm not 100% clear on how you intend the templates to be used, but I don't see a "Beam Weapon" skill on any of them or in the GURPS Lite.

I was thinking of a military/security type, but I see we already have a few of those. Is party distribution an issue or would another space gunner type be fine?

This free pdf is a complete list of G4e skills and will help with the skills not in GURPSLite.

https://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=SJG37-0201

As for the templates, they relate to the occupational roles onboard the ship. For the character to get actual employment, s/he would have to show some competancy in that role. The templates serve as are a guide to ensure you have the skills required for the job. eg. A security officer should be built using the marine or soldier template.

In building your character you use the template as the starting point, then you flesh out and personalise further with any points you have remaining after applying the template.

ronnke
May 16th, 2010, 00:03
For the game I will be using Foen's Traveller skin this can be downloaded from here:
https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/images/d/da/TravellerTheme.ext

This file must be put into the extensions folder of your Fantasy Grounds application folder.

Please download this prior to connecting to the game as it will save you the long download time when you connect to the game server.

I will put the server online today and leave it that way for the majority of the day so that players can join and setup their characters and macros. The teamspeak3 server which I will be using for the game is also open, and I will be sitting in there. I may be away from my computer, but if you say hello I should hear you.

The connection details for the server and teamspeak can be found in the Game Calendar.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=482

*Remember to download the Traveller skin before connecting to the game.

EDIT: Ensure you also have the latest release of the GURPS 4e ruleset installed: https://www.spyke.me/

ronnke
May 18th, 2010, 08:44
The plan will be to get this game underway this coming weekend beginning the 22nd. Can players ensure you have you characters finalised, and submitted a character pic which I will use for your FG tokens.

marcus_egan
May 19th, 2010, 08:20
Im there and I look forward to it. Let me know if the picture I sent isn't suitable.

edit: I would be there if there was a late enough bus...

ronnke
May 23rd, 2010, 08:31
The game has started with a small prequel adventure for just two players as the majority could not make this weeks scheduled session.

The game went well and I'm looking forward to starting the game proper. To those involved the game, please check forums and the game calendar for updates.

Shanistar
May 23rd, 2010, 15:02
I won't be able to make it until next Saturday. By then I should be squared away with work.

ronnke
May 25th, 2010, 19:23
No probs Shanistar.

There are a couple of sessions times in the game calendar that still require votes from players. If you have not yet voted, then please do so.

ronnke
May 31st, 2010, 14:04
Here brief synopsis on the campagin so far.

The Story So Far
With the Emerald Monarch ready to depart the captain orders a quick crew briefing in the cargo hold. It is the first time the entire crew has been together in the same location. The captain reminds the crew of their mission objective, and if everyone can work together as a team then they can overcome any adversity. The crew are then granted shore leave until midnight. It’s their last chance for to say goodbye to family and friends before they leave on a 12 month mission into the Vilani Imperium.

At 0600 sharp the Emerald Monarch drops its moorings and sets course for the Confederation Navy Shipyards to pick up a consignment of communications equipment and computers. The crew is in awe as the look upon the massive and busy facility. Once docked, the captain departs for a meeting and leaves the crew to make arrangements for the cargo. A few hours later he returns, and the order to leave is given. With all cargo on board, the Emerald Monarch undocks form the shipyard facility and proceeds to the Apishal jump point. Jump engines are onlined and the crew say farewell to Nusku.

The week in jumpspace is uneventful, but during this time the captain speaks with the First Officer, Mr Matthews, and informs him that there are elements within the Confederation Navy that believe another war with the Vilani Imperium is looming. The Emerald Monarch has a secondary mission, that is, to passively gather intelligence helpful to the Confederation should war break out.

Safely completing its first jump, the Emerald Monarch emerges at Apishal. It is the first Vilani system beyond the borders of the Terran Confederation. The captain orders the ship to set down on the systems main world. It is a garden planet of medium size with a nitrogen/oxygen atmosphere, but far too thin to breathe without respirators. The primary facility is an outpost servicing a population of approximately 600 Vilani, with more than 50% of those being military in nature.

The captain complies with an order to submit the ship to an official customs inspection. During the inspection it becomes clear that Terran’s are not viewed favourably. Despite the inspector’s obvious negative opinion, the ship and crew are cleared.

The first order of business is to see if there is any possible means to make some money from the frontier outpost. Initial speculation gathered from the general vibe, is that few will deal with the Terrans. However, through the resourcefulness of Mr Daniels, a meeting with a local Shangarim official from the Sharurshid bureau is arranged. He has an overdue consignment of supplies that must be delivered to a station in the Altair system.

Through either expert negotiation by Mr Daniels or desperation to get the consignment delivered, the official agrees to a price far beyond what he was initially prepared to pay a Terran. The consignment is loaded and the Emerald Monarch and crew depart for the Altair system.

A week later the ship arrives in Altair to find something is wrong, all communications with the destination go answered. Cautiously they approach the station which is in orbit around a large moon of a Saturn like gas giant. They arrive to find the station has suffered an incident, which has left it tumbling slowly through the upper levels of the moon’s atmosphere. Sensor readings indicate the station and the small amount of trailing debris is decelerating due to atmospheric drag. Further analysis puts the station on a de-orbit vector which will impact the moon in 5 days time.

After careful manoeuvring around the station, which nearly resulted in a collision, the crew is able to get a better look at the damage and determine that the station has suffered impacts from micro meteors. Several sections of the station hull show penetrations and sensors detect irregular fluctuations in the power reactor to indicate it has also suffered some damage.

marcus_egan
May 31st, 2010, 18:31
that "careful manoeuvring around the station, which nearly resulted in a collision"

yeah... that was my two rolls... 17 and then a 16.

SpudmanWP
June 2nd, 2010, 08:45
Hello all.. it's been a while since I played Traveler (T20 if I remember right) and a LONG time since I played GURPS (as in v1).

I am looking forward to joining your group as I really enjoy scifi RPGs (I started with Star Frontiers.. yes, I just dated myself ;) ). I am also available for the Saturday timeframe.

ronnke
June 2nd, 2010, 10:08
Welcome aboard. I have accepted you to the game. Please check the session times to ensure you can make them.

You expressed an interest in a Tech. You have the following crew positions available to you.

Chief Engineer
Engineer
Technician

If you need help with the character then let me know.

SpudmanWP
June 2nd, 2010, 12:39
The Chief spot sounds good... will get in touch via email to iron out the details.

SpudmanWP
June 6th, 2010, 22:22
As Eric Adler:

Dear journal…

Is that right? I am not quite sure how to do this. Megs suggested that I start a journal before I leave and that it include the seminal moments of my life. O well, I suppose I should start at the beginning.

A million years or so ago, a chemical reaction in the primordial goo created… oh wait, too far.

For me, it started on June 30th in the year 2137. The place was a cabin deep in the Black Forest of Germany. My parents, Gerwulf and Berta Adler, had returned to their German homeland for the occasion of my birth. They were both employed in the Engineering field on Terra, my father as a Nuclear Tech and my mom as an Associate Professor, and had decided to return to Germany so that my Grandparents could celebrate in their first grandchild being born. My youth was spent travelling from one end of Terra to another. This was primarily due to my father’s work as a Reactor Troubleshooter.

My interest in the area of Engineering began very young. My father and I used to take things apart just to see how they worked. The fun part was putting it back together with updated parts. For my 16th birthday my father bought me a 1936 Harley Davidson EL “Knucklehead” 80ci motorcycle. It was about 60 percent original with the rest made up of parts my father reproduced from historical records. I named her Jenny, after my first girlfriend. After High School I entered an Engineering program at the same University where my mom taught. I made sure, however, that I never got any of her classes. I graduated, Summa Cum Laude, with a degree in Aeronautical Engineering. Soon after graduating, I joined up with the Terran Defense Forces as an Engine Room Technician. Over the next 10 years I rose to the position of Chief Petty Officer in the Engineering Section of the Terran Blockade Runner “Pony Express III (PE3)”.

That last posting contained both the happiest and saddest moments of my life. This is when I met the woman whom I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Of course I did not know that when we met. That fateful day was a pain in the ***, literally. I had cut myself crawling through the bilge sections and had to visit the sick bay in order to update my shots, hence the pain in the *** part. The nurse on duty, Sarah, was new and took a while to find my records, get the right meds, and get the nerve to administer them. During all that time, we found time to get to know one another a little. Over the next few months, I kept finding excuses to go by the sick bay, even if it was for only a simple service call. Sometimes I did not even realize I was doing it. When I finally got up the nerve to ask her out on a date, the first thing out of her out of her mouth was “about damn time”. Unlike the trysts that had made up the previous relationships that I had been in, Sarah was different. She was genuinely interested in what I did, even if she could not understand it all. I even had time to give her a ride on Jenny whenever we had shore leave, although I never did tell her the truth about the name. Over the next year we grew ever closer and were engaged to marry as soon as our tour was over.

Then my life stopped.

It started innocently enough; PE3 was participating in a training exercise with another blockade runner, the “Helping Hand”. I found out later that the captains of our two ships were friends and had placed a wager on which ship could navigate the target system & deliver the supplies first. Our captain (Capt Jonathan Brant) was a very competitive person, who sometimes took unnecessary risks, this being one of them. To shave some time off our transit, the captain decided to take us through the rings of a gas giant. While in the transit, one of our engine pods took damage from the rings and we had to shut them all down. My left knee was crushed badly during the impacts. Sarah was one of the responding Medics who pulled me out of the pod. The Chief Engineer then went into the pod, with some help, to isolate the damage in order to prevent an overload and to enable the other engine pods to work despite the damage. On top of all that, the gas giant’s gravity well was pulling us further and further into it.

To make things worse, the Captain was screaming at us to either isolate and fix the pod, or jettison it in order to get us moving again. The Chief kept assuring him that we had time and everything was under control. Sarah came back from Sick Bay to help with the other injured, and trapped, personnel that were still in the pod. While they were in the pod, it suddenly jettisoned without warning. My heart stopped because Sarah was in there. The last thing I remember was a horrid scream of eternal pain. It was coming from me.

I woke a week later on a hospital station around Terra. I learned that Capt Brant had reported that the internal sensors had reported an imminent core breach in my engine pod and that he had to do an emergency core dump in order to save the ship. I may have been in pain while sitting outside the pod that day, but I never got a hint that the problem was that severe. For months during recovery I accepted the official line until I got a chance to speak to some to the bridge crew. While they would not go on record, some were hinting that the Captain panicked and dumped the core before it was necessary.

I started to make official inquires, but was told to drop it. After a few weeks I was ordered to drop it. Apparently the Captain has some friends in high places. I then started a two year campaign to position myself in key areas where I could gather unedited data on exactly what happened. At the end of those two years, my mourning period, I presented my findings to both the JAG office and the press. I no uncertain terms, I sealed both the Captain’s fate and my own. The Captain loosing his commission and spending a few years in the Brig were a given, what would happen to me was not. I had broken the #1 rule, always obey orders. I had continued my quest against the orders of my superiors. Even though it was for a good cause, my actions would have consequences. I must have had a guardian angel somewhere in fleet, because I was allowed to resign my commission under honorable circumstances.

I spent the next couple of years earth-bound in various engineering fields trying to decide what to do next. I had applied to several Terran firms, but was unceremoniously rejected most of the time. I think Mr. Brant still has some friends in high places. After realizing this, I started to apply to systems outside of the Terran home system. I had better luck there and have worked my way through several Engineering positions aboard freighters and survey ships. After the last mission, my Chief (Bernard O’Shea) suggested that I do something about my anger issues.

What anger issues? He sat me down and helped me to see that the reason why I had not been picked up for follow-on missions was that I treated fellow crewmembers with an angry edge. While he did say that I was an excellent engineer, I need to deal with this before anyone would hire me on as a Chief. He suggested that I take up a martial art in order to focus my mind and release energy. I took him up on his offer and came to his dojo one day while on leave.

Just as the setting sun gives way to a sunrise, that day was my second sunrise. Her name was Megan O’Shea (Megs), the Chief’s daughter and head student in his dojo. I couldn’t help but be attracted to her fit body, red hair and green eyes. The intimate contact, both on and off the dojo floor, has made some distant feelings reemerge in my soul. We have been dating for about 6 moths now as I finish this entry. She even got me hooked on doing my own cooking.

I almost forgot, Megs talked me into starting work on Jenny II. Did I forget to mention that Jenny was being stored in the back of the engine pod I was in? It took a while, but I was able to find original engineering drawings of the original Jenny. A few months ago Megs and I were talking about Jenny and she said she wanted to help rebuild her. I think it was her way of helping me heal over the loss of Sarah. Jenny II is almost done and I am looking forward to Megs and I taking her on a long coastal ride this summer.

Well, this is almost it. Some leads are starting to develop with some ships due in the system later this month. I do not know where they will lead, but I am looking forward to finding out.

ronnke
June 6th, 2010, 23:19
For those following the logs, our new Chief Engineer made a post that I had to move earlier in the timeline, so it might be missed if your just reading from the top.

Here it is: https://ronnke.ath.cx/the_empty_peace/blog/?p=85

ronnke
June 12th, 2010, 18:25
Real life has claimed 2 players in this game. I have opened the game to accept new players, so if you are interested let me know.

ronnke
June 15th, 2010, 23:55
I'm still looking for a few new players for this game.

Below is a list of the current crew complement. Players interested in joining the game can take on the role of any one of the listed NPC's with the exception of the captain. The Red Shirts are faceless characters which can be personalised into player characters as long as they can fill the role assigned to them. Derrik Parsons and Cronus Magnus may become NPC's as their players have not responded for a couple of weeks.

Bridge Officers
(NPC) Martyn Brierfield (Captain)
(PC) Daniel Mathews (1st Officer / Navigator / Loadmaster)
(PC) Derrik Parsons (Pilot)
(PC) Cronus Magnus (Communications / Sensors)
(NPC) Maxwell Stewart (Chief of Security / Gunnery Officer)

Crewmen
(PC) Remi Prudhomme (Security / Gunner / Pilot)
(NPC) Darzamis Mashani Ekala (Security)
(NPC) Red Shirt 1 (Security / Air Raft Pilot)
(NPC) Red Shirt 2 (Gunner)
(NPC) Red Shirt 3 (Gunner)
(NPC) Red Shirt 4 (General Services / Freight Handler)
(NPC) Red Shirt 5 (General Services / Passenger Services)

Engineering
(PC) Eric Adler (Chief Engineer)
(NPC) Susan Taylor (Engineer)
(NPC) Geoffery Jackson (Technician)

Medical
(NPC) Anya Lindstrom (Doctor)

ronnke
June 20th, 2010, 06:38
Bump. Still looking for a few players.

This game is currently played on Saturday 11:00pm (GMT), so that's Saturday evening for US and Sunday morning for AU. Unfortunately, that's a bad time for EU players, however if you can work around the game time, then you are welcome to join.

Gigermann
July 9th, 2010, 02:26
I'm thinking about trying to squeeze in here. I'm old salt with GURPS as GM (actually only played a little). My website. (https://www.drlverse.com) The late-Saturday time should be just fine for me.

I've got an old Traveller character (from T20) I'll try to shoe-horn in, details forthcoming, but if you have some suggestions/needs, do let me know.

ronnke
July 9th, 2010, 02:37
Send me a character concept and we'll slot you in. We have a game session this weekend, so if your character is ready then you can join in.

When working out your character keep the following in mind.

Below is a list of the current crew complement. Players interested in joining the game can take on the role of any one of the listed NPC's with the exception of the captain. The Red Shirts are faceless characters which can be personalised into player characters as long as they can fill the role assigned to them.

Bridge Officers
(NPC) Martyn Brierfield (Captain)
(PC) Daniel Mathews (1st Officer / Navigator / Loadmaster)
(NPC) Derrik Parsons (Pilot)
(NPC) Cronus Magnus (Communications / Sensors)
(NPC) Maxwell Stewart (Chief of Security / Gunnery Officer)

Crewmen
(PC) Remi Prudhomme (Security / Gunner / Pilot)
(NPC) Darzamis Mashani Ekala (Security)
(NPC) Red Shirt 1 (Security / Air Raft Pilot)
(NPC) Red Shirt 2 (Gunner)
(NPC) Red Shirt 3 (Gunner)
(NPC) Red Shirt 4 (General Services / Freight Handler)
(NPC) Red Shirt 5 (General Services / Passenger Services)

Engineering
(PC) Eric Adler (Chief Engineer)
(NPC) Susan Taylor (Engineer)
(NPC) Geoffery Jackson (Technician)

Medical
(NPC) Anya Lindstrom (Doctor)

Gigermann
July 9th, 2010, 22:49
Send me a character concept and we'll slot you in.Here (https://www.drlgraphics.com/downloads/JVik.pdf)'s for starters. Need to wrap up equipment, and flesh out back-story elements—what I have is that he is formerly Terran Navy, left at 4-years Academy/8-years active service, reached Lieutenant (O-3); trained for miscellaneous "bridge crew" positions, and is a kind of jack-of-all-trades in that regard. Feel free to make some suggestions if you have some specific GM needs—I don't have a good working knowledge of the current PC-party, and what skillsets/abilities might be missing—I'm flexible at this point.

[Edit: Adjusted character]

ronnke
July 10th, 2010, 08:14
There are 3 bridge roles available:

Sensor/Communications Officer
Pilot
Chief of Security/Gunnery Officer

Given your starter character, I'd suggest the following possible changes. Move your previous service from Confederation Navy to the Confederation Marine Corps. Keep the courtesy rank 3 but drop your merchant rank to 1 (its only a small ship). Refer to the Marine template for additional skills, and then take some gunnery skills.

This will allow you to take the roll of the ships Chief of Security and Gunnery Officer. You would command a section consisting of yourself and 5 crewmen.

VonKyrin
August 20th, 2010, 04:12
I've read through this thread and have been thinking about it for about a day now; I think I would like to join your campaign, if it's still open.

I would probably have some minor problems with the meeting time; my "in person" gaming group meets at the same time. However, they are a monthlly group and so it would only interfere about once per month. Also, this particulary weekend would be a problem for me because I already have something I have to do at that time this weekend. So, starting next week, I think I could start showing pretty much weekly.

I'm an experienced role player. I've been real excited about playing GURPS 4th ed, but have had very few oppurtunities to do so because I have not found many people who like to play GURPS. I own all the 4th ed books and have been trying to put together a couple of campaigns of my own. So joining your campaign would be great because it would help me get more familiar with the GURPS rules before I go try to run a GURPS game myself.

I'm not very familiar with Traveler, but I have the Intersteller Wars book and have started reading through it (I own all the books but haven't read half of them).

Right now I have a vague character concept of a a former Marine Special Forces character who specialized in ship boarding and close quarters combat. I'm thinking he might have an interest in astronomy and astrogation just because it appealed to him and was useful for someone who's spent so much time aboard star ships.

I'm not sure what positions are open (if any), but I would probalby concider giving him enough skill to fulfill a needed role. For example, if pilot was a needed position, I might have him spend a couple years as a freighter pilot or something. Or if communications officer were needed, I might work that into his Special Forces background since SF teams tend to be small and self sufficient.

So is there a spot open to join? (Incidently, I don't have the Fantasy Grounds software yet, but I don't have a problem buying and could have it before game time.)

ronnke
August 20th, 2010, 05:01
You are welcome to join the game, if you scroll up you will see the crew complement. You are welcome to assume any one of those roles taken by NPC's. As an SF Marine, I would recommend a position as one of the ships security personnel, however as you said a few skills in other areas will also be of use.

As for your play schedule that will be fine. Your character will simply be NPC'ed while you are absent.

So if still interested, join the game via the game calendar and we'll get things in motion.

Gigermann
August 20th, 2010, 05:32
The above crew roster is out of date. I have attached a PDF of the current roster (ignore the "unassigned" positions—they are not currently present to be "taken over" by a new PC).

VonKyrin
August 21st, 2010, 05:34
I applied on the game calander. Also, I drew up a character today. I'm not sure how to send him to you. (I built him with the Character generator program). I came up to 200 points but getting there was a little questionable, plus I used some optional rules. So, you'll want to take a look at him before approving. How should I submit the character sheet?

He's kind of a jack of all traded but master of none (although all his skills are military).

The background I came up with that he's former Naval Special Operation Warefare Group. He spent most of the last 10 years training insurgents. disadents, and anti-Imperial rebels in close quarters combat, and in "un-acknoledged" operations against "enemies" of the Terran state, most of which was ship to ship combat and boarding operations. He retired from the service to seek a more peaceful life, but his only real skills are military skills and he's been forced to take jobs that pay the bills. (I know this campaign is during peace time, but I figure special forces get involved in all sorts of fighting that officially "doesn't exist".)

ronnke
August 21st, 2010, 10:38
I accepted you into the game. Send you character file via email.

Calavingian
August 23rd, 2010, 00:25
Hello.

I know you only had two open slots rather than three, but I would love to get in on this game.

I'd be really interested in playing Red Shirt 5 -the general operations crewman- and making him the ships dual purpose purser/loadmaster and quartermaster if thst all right with you. its my intent that he be of Koran ancestry, possess something of a shady background and also double as a most excellent (nay, gourmet) cook. He would have learned how to cook as part of his "negoation" skills - on the theory that a potential client or patron may be far more agreeable after a good meal. I hope that works for you.

I work shifts, so should be able to make many of the games despite being GMT. But it would probably be better if I take on a minor role (such as the one I outlined) because of the sessions I might miss.

I really hope you can fit me in. I'm quite excited about the prospect of playing in the traveler setting again for the first time since the Zodian Conspiracy.

ronnke
August 23rd, 2010, 02:37
You're welcome to join the game. Submit a request to join in the game calendar, and then we will get to work on a character for you.

Calavingian
August 23rd, 2010, 23:15
Thanks. I'm really looking forward to gaming with you all.

I've updated the game calander with this weeks availability. But because I work on a rotating four week pattern (and have extra days off coming this week because of a training course) my availibility will vary.

ronnke
August 23rd, 2010, 23:21
Our game time pretty much set, you will be able to see and vote on it after you join the game.

Go here to submit a request to join:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=482

Calavingian
August 24th, 2010, 02:52
Request submitted. Ive also worked out a 200pt character using the GURPS 4e Interstellar Wars Sourcebook. Im pretty sure the math is okay, but Im not used to playing Traveller with the Gurps rules. He might be a little underpowered, but if thats so, it's fine with me. I quite enjoy playing the occasional "everyman" character.

ronnke
February 21st, 2011, 21:30
I have upgraded to an Ultimate License, so those without a Fantasy Grounds license can now join in on the game.

demonsbane
February 22nd, 2011, 10:42
I have upgraded to an Ultimate License, so those without a Fantasy Grounds license can now join in on the game.

It's good to see that you are around here.

Greetings.

ronnke
February 22nd, 2011, 15:16
Yeah, I'm not going anywhere. :)

It should also be noted that from time to time, we will put aside the Traveller game to play a one shot game of something else... I will start advertising the one shot games as I'm sure there are other GURPS players interested in the odd game session.

saithan
February 23rd, 2011, 00:05
definitely interested!!!!!!!!

ronnke
February 23rd, 2011, 00:24
We'll gladly have you on-board. Submit a request to join in the game calendar and we will go from there.

ronnke
February 23rd, 2011, 02:35
definitely interested!!!!!!!!

Or if it's the one shots that you are interested in then watch for the announcements in the "Guild House" forum.

Gigermann
May 25th, 2011, 21:05
This game has lost quite a few players over the last six months or so, due to attrition, RL issues and/or scheduling conflicts. That means we've got plenty of slots open for new players. New to GURPS, or Traveller, a fan of either, or just looking for a change of pace?—we welcome anyone who'll stick around a while.

Also, we've started swapping out regularly for a GURPS Shadowrun game—that one needs players, too.

Game-time is 18:00 CST on Saturdays.
Traveller Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=482)
Shadowrun Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=616)

Trenloe
May 26th, 2011, 02:10
This game has lost quite a few players over the last six months or so, due to attrition, RL issues and/or scheduling conflicts. That means we've got plenty of slots open for new players. New to GURPS, or Traveller, a fan of either, or just looking for a change of pace?—we welcome anyone who'll stick around a while.

I'd be very interested in playing. I'm a Traveller fan but have never played GURPS - but I do have a few of the GURPS books (I had the idea of running a GURPS Traveller campaign a couple of years back but it never got started).

I'm the same timezone as ronnke - Australia EST. Do your sessions still run for around 3-4 hours? I'd like to play, but have "Sunday lunch commitments", so 9 am AEST Sunday for 3-4 hours would work well.

Gigermann
May 26th, 2011, 02:17
Do your sessions still run for around 3-4 hours?That's about right, yes.

Trenloe
May 26th, 2011, 02:47
That's about right, yes.

Great - thanks. Sounds like it'll work for me - I've applied to be a player. Hope to be playing soon! :-)

marcus_egan
May 26th, 2011, 05:19
Ronnke is one of the smartest and coolest i've ever gamed with.

I'm in for this next Saturday if possible

ronnke
May 26th, 2011, 06:29
Long time, Marcus. Darz is still alive and kicking. :)

ronnke
May 26th, 2011, 06:30
Great - thanks. Sounds like it'll work for me - I've applied to be a player. Hope to be playing soon! :-)

You have been accepted. We should be able to get you gaming this weekend.

Trenloe
May 26th, 2011, 06:34
You have been accepted. We should be able to get you gaming this weekend.

Fantastic - thanks very much! I'm really looking forward to playing...

Any pointers on creating the character - is there any particular role that the group needs or would fit in well? I've seen the "character_Info.pdf" file and I'm OK with creating a character based on the info in there.

marcus_egan
May 26th, 2011, 06:44
right on Ronnke, looking forward to jumping back in.

still have all my info; Darzamis Mashani Ekala.

GCA files and all.

10 am pacific US time, I'll be there. Let me know if I need to do anything to prepare or if you want to test a connection.

Trenloe
May 26th, 2011, 07:11
10 am pacific US time, I'll be there.

The session starts 9am Australian Eastern Sunday, right? Thats Saturday 4pm Pacific Daylight Time?

Or am I just not reading it right?

marcus_egan
May 26th, 2011, 07:20
i think it's likely i'm reading it wrong...

https://regmedia.co.uk/2010/02/22/motion_tracker.jpg

ronnke
May 26th, 2011, 07:30
Fantastic - thanks very much! I'm really looking forward to playing...

Any pointers on creating the character - is there any particular role that the group needs or would fit in well? I've seen the "character_Info.pdf" file and I'm OK with creating a character based on the info in there.

We have a number of characters that are available to pick up and play, otherwise we you will need to adopt one of the crew roles. I will send details regarding this if you want to make your own character.

ronnke
May 26th, 2011, 07:31
i think it's likely i'm reading it wrong...

The session times for different timezones can be seen here.
https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/meeting?lid=2174003,8,6&sts=21776520&sl=9-12

Trenloe
May 26th, 2011, 08:01
We have a number of characters that are available to pick up and play, otherwise we you will need to adopt one of the crew roles. I will send details regarding this if you want to make your own character.

No worries, perhaps for the 1st session I'll play one of your stock characters - is there a way I could view it before the game, as I'll need to read up a bit on GURPS "stuff"?

mr_h
May 26th, 2011, 14:21
Question for you folks: I know it'd be 7-10/11pm EST (my timezone), but are you playing every week, every other week, every week that's divisible by 3.5...?)

Gigermann
May 26th, 2011, 14:43
Question for you folks: I know it'd be 7-10/11pm EST (my timezone), but are you playing every week, every other week, every week that's divisible by 3.5...?)Every week

ronnke
May 27th, 2011, 00:59
We play weekly at the same time. However, we are running 2 concurrent campaigns, Traveller and Shadowrun. We play out an adventure in one campaign then switch to the other and play an adventure. The adventures take 2 to 3 weeks to play, which means if you are only interested in the Traveller campaign there will be a 2 - 3 week break as we play Shadowrun.

marcus_egan
May 28th, 2011, 07:39
this is perfect for me, 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off.

I'll plan on 4pm my time tomorrow! Thanks big R

tetnak
June 16th, 2011, 16:22
I've been watching this thread for awhile. I'm extremely interested, I'm just trying to figure out if I can spend my Saturday nights RPGing or will my wife kill me?

Gigermann
June 16th, 2011, 17:34
I've been watching this thread for awhile. I'm extremely interested, I'm just trying to figure out if I can spend my Saturday nights RPGing or will my wife kill me?You've got some time to "convince" her before we cycle back around to the Traveller campaign. Maybe jump in on a one-shot, and keep checking behind you to see if she's scowling. :D

tetnak
June 16th, 2011, 18:06
Haha. Do you guys use chat or voice, btw?

Gigermann
June 16th, 2011, 18:56
Haha. Do you guys use chat or voice, btw?Both, rather, either-or (TS3)

King Joey
March 7th, 2015, 11:41
Ronnke, do you by any chance have any of the materials from this old game? I can't locate the character sheet or the history on Remi Prudhomme, and I was hoping you might have held on to them somewhere. This was a really great game, and I was talking about him the other day and got nostalgic about my old character (which I nearly always do).

If you can find it, thanks. If not, oh, well. Hope all is well, and hope we can get in another game sometime!

Bashido2
March 7th, 2015, 17:38
Removed

Gigermann
March 7th, 2015, 19:49
Ronnke, do you by any chance have any of the materials from this old game? I can't locate the character sheet or the history on Remi Prudhomme, and I was hoping you might have held on to them somewhere. This was a really great game, and I was talking about him the other day and got nostalgic about my old character (which I nearly always do).

If you can find it, thanks. If not, oh, well. Hope all is well, and hope we can get in another game sometime!BTW, this is what he looks like as of the end of that campaign:
https://www.drlgraphics.com/images/Misc%20Characters%20Gallery/Trav-RPrudhomme.jpg

King Joey
March 7th, 2015, 20:24
Nice! I approve!

I was really hoping to find the blog that we were keeping of that game, but apparently it was taken down. I thought that was a really cool idea of Ronnke's and I really enjoyed it (even though I only got to make a few entries . . . grrr, work!)

Btw, where is that image from?

Gigermann
March 7th, 2015, 22:05
Nice! I approve!

I was really hoping to find the blog that we were keeping of that game, but apparently it was taken down. I thought that was a really cool idea of Ronnke's and I really enjoyed it (even though I only got to make a few entries . . . grrr, work!)

Btw, where is that image from?Blog (https://blog.olympusrpg.org/) is still up, just renamed. Unfortunately we don't have all that many records of that campaign, but we do have some, and they feature Remi quite often. The new Traveller campaign is better recorded. I think you bailed pre-forum, so if you want to see all the campaign records there, I'm sure Ronnke will let you sign up for it.

The pic is one of my composites; Mass Effect+Warren Christie (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1406239/?ref_=tt_cl_t3)

King Joey
March 7th, 2015, 23:16
Thanks, man! I'll ask Brian about the new forum. That is a cool pic.

ronnke
March 9th, 2015, 01:25
I emailed all your infoz..

Here are the direct links.

Follow the below link to get to the blogs you made for Remi.
https://blog.olympusrpg.org/?author=4

This link will take you to all the blogs for the campaign where Remi will occasionally be mentioned by others.
https://blog.olympusrpg.org/?cat=22

And this link is the crew, we gave everyone a face.
https://blog.olympusrpg.org/?cat=21

Theros
July 25th, 2020, 21:05
Hmmm...does anyone have anything specific to Interstellar Wars (Gurps 4th) that I can use in my campaign? I already have basic MoreCore ruleset installed and a lot of skill + talents typed into system.

ronnke
July 26th, 2020, 06:54
Hmmm...does anyone have anything specific to Interstellar Wars (Gurps 4th) that I can use in my campaign? I already have basic MoreCore ruleset installed and a lot of skill + talents typed into system.

Geez...It's been a little while since I thought about this campaign. Unfortunately, other than images I used, there isn't much from that campaign which is portable to the current ruleset. I'm curious...if you are using GURPS, then you should probably be using the GURPS Ruleset for FG and not MoreCore.

DeviousIncubus
June 23rd, 2021, 17:11
Hello,
How many character points do the PCs get, and what is the Disadvantage Limit? Are realistic and cinematic Martial Arts, Magic, and Psionics allowed? What's the tech level, mana level, and control rating? Which book has the game setting?

What days and times will you be playing??? I'm available:
Sundays: after 5:30 pm Pacific
Mondays: any time
Tuesdays: any time
Wednesdays: any time
Thursdays: any time up until 6:00 pm Pacific
Fridays: any time until 2:30 pm Pacific
Saturdays: any time

Thanks,
Paolo

I am looking for 4 - 6 players, interested in playing a game set in the Interstellar Wars period of the Traveller universe. It will be played using Fantasy Grounds and the GURPS 4th Edition ruleset. Teamspeak3 will be used for voice communications, so the ability to at least listen in with Teamspeak will be necessary, however a microphone, while preferred, will not be essential.

The characters will be members of the crew on the Emerald Monarch, a 400-dton frontier merchant ship. It’s mission to forge new trade routes and explore opportunities within the ancient Vilani Imperium, while the 4th Interstellar War looms in the background.

Characters will be accomplished individuals built on 200pts.

Game sessions may be weekly, or fortnightly. This will depend largely on the player’s availability.

Game Calendar Link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=482

ronnke
June 24th, 2021, 00:46
Hello,
How many character points do the PCs get, and what is the Disadvantage Limit? Are realistic and cinematic Martial Arts, Magic, and Psionics allowed? What's the tech level, mana level, and control rating? Which book has the game setting?

What days and times will you be playing??? I'm available:
Sundays: after 5:30 pm Pacific
Mondays: any time
Tuesdays: any time
Wednesdays: any time
Thursdays: any time up until 6:00 pm Pacific
Fridays: any time until 2:30 pm Pacific
Saturdays: any time

Thanks,
Paolo

Thanks for your interest. Unfortunately, this campaign ended about 7 years ago. :(

DeviousIncubus
June 24th, 2021, 01:29
Oh no! Are you going to GM another GURPS game? I’m running a GURPS Martial Arts TL2 220 B.C. China game Thursday nights at 6:30 pm Pacific and a The Fantasy Trip game Sundays at 1:00 pm Pacific, if you want to join us, just let me know!

Thanks for your interest. Unfortunately, this campaign ended about 7 years ago. :(