PDA

View Full Version : NPC bugs

Oberoten
April 15th, 2010, 22:05
Alas.. there seems to be a few bugs when adding npc's and npc species.

I realized this when adding a few wild boars, when dragging from the personalities to the combat trackers when a race they did not generate new boars or in fact any stats at all.

Damage bonus is not applied to the rolls even when the damage roll is specified as 1d6+1+sb (this goes for the built in beasts as well as for the self-generated).

Oh, and when creating a new personality you can't seem to choose the hit-model aside from "custom" that actually displays except hitpoints on the CT.

We play-tested it rather extensively by starting to add a few old DoD adventures to it and I ran into this when starting to add and test NPCs.

Foen
April 16th, 2010, 06:10
I'll have a look at these over the weekend (sorry I didn't make the 20-minute deadline). In the mean time, can you post some steps to recreate the issues starting from a blank campaign?

Thanks

Foen

Oberoten
April 16th, 2010, 06:32
1. Create a new campaign

2. Create a new NPC in the personalities folder.

3. Add in a single attack. (Bite 33% 1d6+db)

4. Go to main. (Shows only POW stat)

5. Reset characteristics.

6. Add stats. (3d6+6 just to make sure I get a db)

7. Doubleclick the attack's damage on the NPC sheet. Note the lack of db.

8. Open combat tracker.

9. Drag creature (marked as race) to the tracker, note the lack of stats. (Hitpoints and/or stats rolled in the chatwindow)

Foen
April 16th, 2010, 06:38
Thanks Obe. Looks like some bug crept in late in the process, as this wasn't spotted in play testing. I think that the DB doesn't work from the NPC sheet by design - as there are some circumstances when an NPC may not have sufficient information to automate it - but I'll check that out again too.

Foen

Oberoten
April 16th, 2010, 07:19
I have to admitt this is a great ruleset, lets me replay some of the old DoD adventures I have kept around simpply because I loved them then and can still make them work and wow people. :)

I am actually thinking maybe I should module a few of them.... Hmmm.

- Obe

Foen
April 18th, 2010, 14:25
Alas.. there seems to be a few bugs when adding npc's and npc species.

I realized this when adding a few wild boars, when dragging from the personalities to the combat trackers when a race they did not generate new boars or in fact any stats at all.

I have fixed this issue, and include the revised adventure_npcs.xml and scripts/npcabilities.lua as an attached zip file below.

Damage bonus is not applied to the rolls even when the damage roll is specified as 1d6+1+sb (this goes for the built in beasts as well as for the self-generated).

This is by design. Many creatures are presented as 'race' templates and you cannot know the DB unless the stats are resolved. To resolve stats, drag an NPC onto the combat tracker and roll the damage dice from there. As this is true for most creatures, and the combat tracker is designed for combat, I didn't implement DB for any NPC sheets.

Oh, and when creating a new personality you can't seem to choose the hit-model aside from "custom" that actually displays except hitpoints on the CT.

This may be linked to the first point, as I don't seem to have any trouble with the hit location templates. If you are using your own campaign extension, you may have a problem if you have over-ridden the hit location calculation routines. Please would you let me know how to reproduce this problem?

Cheers

Stuart

Oberoten
April 18th, 2010, 16:54
This seems to have hit the spot on resolving all the given problems. And I can no longer replicate the body part hitpoint calculation problem.

- Obe

Foen
April 18th, 2010, 16:59
:D

BTW, I seem to be catching you up on post count...

Oberoten
April 18th, 2010, 17:06
Quote one of our main villains in one of the campaigns.

"Almost got me there, but ya know? Almost doesn't cut it cupcake" ;)

I suppose this means I will have to be more prolific for a while and actually get back to posting more and reading less. I have admittedly been a bit lax in the development area for a bit since I pretty much have the functionality I want in Ars Magica now and the big changes I kinda wanted to introduce proved to be a tad too advanced for me to pull off.

- Obe