PDA

View Full Version : Release Notes and Fixes

Foen
April 14th, 2010, 12:35
There is a problem when sharing items with players: the players only ever see the 'at a glance' description. The patch is contained in the attached file and the ruleset will be updated to include this on its next release. Thanks to Obe for spotting this.

Foen

Oberoten
April 14th, 2010, 17:38
Another little bug I think :
Even when NPCs have a Damage Bonus it does not apply to their weapon damage, even when the weapon damage is supposed to apply it on double-click from the combat page.

- Obe

Foen
April 18th, 2010, 14:28
The lack of DB for NPCs on the NPC sheet is by design, you need to drag a creature or NPC to the combat tracker to enable the DB automation (many creatures don't have a DB until the characteristics are rolled, and that only happens when you drag them to the combat tracker).

Another problem identified by Obe for NPC characteristic rolls has been fixed, and the two files are in the attached ZIP.

Cheers

Stuart

Oberoten
May 10th, 2010, 20:38
Armour on limbs still doesn't seem to save on the characters.

It tends to reset to zero on restart of FG.

- Obe

1. Start New Campaign
2. Let player connect, create character.
3. Gm inserts armour values for Char.
4. Close char.
5. Restart FG
6. All gone.

Oberoten
May 13th, 2010, 10:02
Tried this with the Vintruvian man alternative set to no as well.

And I found another bug.

If you have a character linked to the combat tracker and the charactersheet is for some reason deleted you can no longer remove the character from the sheet and FG throws a console error whenever the CT is opened.

** Edit ** Disregard the later bug... it doesn't seem to be replicable.

- Obe

Oberoten
July 6th, 2010, 08:41
Any progress at all with the armour bug? It is a bit of a show-stopper for a campaign I'd like to go on with.

- Obe

Foen
July 7th, 2010, 07:11
Sorry Obe, I've been absent (mind at least) for a while, and am not really active on these forums at the moment. I traced the problem to a script (global.lua) and attach a revised version which should fix your issue. I have only tested it briefly, so please let me know if it either fails to work how you'd want or causes any new problems elsewhere.

Cheers

Stuart

Oberoten
July 7th, 2010, 09:36
That does indeed seem to have fixed the problem. :)

- Obe

ddavison
July 10th, 2010, 20:14
The new fixed version has been uploaded to the store. *Thanks Foen* The MSI installer has the latest fixes rolled up, but requires you to uninstall and then reinstall. Your original download link from your email will allow you to download the new version and I have increased the download count for everyone to allow for the additional download.

Oberoten
July 10th, 2010, 20:57
Hohum....

... I took the new download as per my original link and woha, the Armour-error is back.

*grumbles and goes to retrieve the fix-files again*

- Obe

ddavison
July 10th, 2010, 22:08
Hmmm... It should have included the armor fix. Can you confirm that the file you downloaded from the link reads BRPInstaller-1.0.410.msi and not BRPInstaller-1.0.406.msi?

Oberoten
July 10th, 2010, 23:12
Ah looks as if I got the wrong file from the download link in the original letter.... I got 1.0.406. Strange.

That is what I get for being an early adapter and hammering the link of the old letter even before finishing the first letter.

Re-downloaded from the same link and got 1.0.410 this time.

- Obe

ddavison
July 10th, 2010, 23:50
Sorry for the confusion. I wonder if it cached it as well.

Foen
July 17th, 2010, 10:02
As part of the testing for FG 2.7, a bug was spotted in the preferences sheet for the BRP ruleset. It will be swept up in the next release, but in the meantime here is a replacement file.

Stuart

StuartW
October 5th, 2010, 22:08
At the risk of inviting flames of wrath, I'd be interested to know if there are any unresolved bugs with this ruleset. There was talk a few weeks ago of some issues, but it has gone a bit dead. I'd like to track down and kill any remaining problems.

Of course, steps to recreate any problems would be pretty darn helpful.

Stuart

VenomousFiligree
October 5th, 2010, 23:10
I have the occasional crash/player drop/issue, however nothing that I could report on as a recurring problem.

Not a bug, however it would be nice to be able to reduce your dex rank in the combat tracker, without actually reducing your dex (on the character sheet).

Blackfoot
August 4th, 2011, 22:38
Is this ruleset still being developed?

Crowley72
May 6th, 2012, 19:05
Reviving this old topic - is this rules set done, or will there be continued updates/fixes?

kairos
May 6th, 2012, 19:21
I use this ruleset almost exclusively for FG these days and can report that it is solid and bug free. That being said, I get the sense from posts elsewhere that Stuart is busy with non-gaming life ATM.

Crowley72
May 6th, 2012, 19:57
Thank you kairos,

That is good as I am considering a campain idea for it. I bought the BRP rules set, but haven't really used it yet. Now's the time I think...

kairos
May 6th, 2012, 20:08
Thank you kairos,

That is good as I am considering a campain idea for it. I bought the BRP rules set, but haven't really used it yet. Now's the time I think...

You can also tweak the heck out of it. The ruleset comes with instructions on how to edit a script file to make extensions to alter characteristics, skills (including base characteristics, base values, etc), skill categories, success level thresholds, powers, etc. You get a lot of bang for your buck without having to do any coding. You can even do variants like OpenQuest this way.

Crowley72
May 6th, 2012, 20:15
Thank you again kairos!

Draeus
May 8th, 2012, 16:47
What 'd love to see is the multi layer extension implemented with this ruleset. I have been looking at it but so far my skillsare very limited and I am trying to work on it in my free time but not getting very far.

So if anyone else has done this it would be an awesoem addition to the rule set.

I also have switched to this ruleset and have not gone back! I use this for all my games now on and offline