PDA

View Full Version : Script Error

SLB
April 12th, 2010, 19:55
I seem to be regularly having a window appear which says:

Script Error: [string "scripts/chat_chat.lua"]:309: attempt to index a nil value

I've been fooling around with a variety of different things so I can't necessarily pin-point what is causing the problem, however the last time it occured was under the following circumstances:

I loaded up Fantasy Grounds twice, once as DM and once as a player logging in to localhost.
The player window rolled initiative by dragging the initiative modifier to the chat window and dropping the d20 which appears.
Script error box appears.This error doesn't cause any problems, everything appears to work correctly and nothing crashes. However, I would like to ensure it doesn't become a bigger problem.

Any idea as to what is happening?

Foen
April 13th, 2010, 09:35
Hi

Which ruleset were you using, and have you modified it?

Foen

SLB
April 14th, 2010, 04:58
Ah right, include useful information!

I'm using the latest d20_JPG ruleset (I think! It's version 3.0.5) and I haven't made any changes to the ruleset. I did alter a couple of fields in the campaign .xml file but I didn't add any fields, just altered contents of existing ones.

Foen
April 14th, 2010, 10:27
Ahh, sorry, I'm not familiar with that one. Perhaps JPG (moon_wizard) could help you.

Moon Wizard
April 14th, 2010, 23:04
I just loaded up the v3.0.5 version of the d20_JPG ruleset, and I'm not seeing any script errors when I roll initiative.

I've tried dragging and double-clicking from both the client and the host on the PC sheet Main and Combat tabs. I also tried all those options with the character on the CT and without being added to the CT. Finally, I tried the initiative fields in the host CT and NPC sheets on the host.

Can you double-check the version of your d20_JPG version? Any other details you can provide?

Thanks,
JPG

SLB
April 15th, 2010, 05:53
Thanks for looking into that for me. At this point I'm only working with a test campaign as I try to make sure I know what I am doing. So, for that reason I'll keep an eye out to see if I can pinpoint when the issue is occuring and what exactly I am doing, however I'm not going to become too concerned as I will be creating a new campaign as I get ready to start with my group.

I'll let you know once I have more information, that's if it actually happens again at all.