PDA

View Full Version : FAQ - Common Issues (Lost License Keys, etc.)

ddavison
April 12th, 2010, 18:12
Frequently Asked Questions

Q. I lost my license key or I need to reinstall, can you help?

A. The first suggestion is to log on to the forum and then visit the Store page. Once logged in, you will see a link to Order History on the bottom of the page and it should contain the information and download links you need to reinstall any purchases you have made through the Fantasy Grounds store.

Q. I purchased this through RPGNow or from Digital Adventures before the transfer of ownership. What do I do now?

A. Please send an email to [email protected] with your request. We can look it up and send it to you but we require that you request the key from the same email address you used to purchase the license or provide some other means of identification. If you provide suitable information, we will send the key to your new address but will CC the original purchase email as well for security.

Q. I lost my key or need to reinstall and I had the Lite to Full upgrade license. How do I get back up and running?

A. You will need both your original Lite license key and your upgrade key that is paired with it. First, install the Lite license as usual and then run the upgrade utility and supply your upgrade license key. Read above to find out how to get your keys and your download links.

Q. I have a new computer. How do I transfer my program and files to it?

A. First, you will need to locate your original key, download the most current installer and install it on the new computer. Next, copy everything from your Fantasy Grounds Application Data Folder into the equivalent location on your new computer. You can access this by clicking on the "Application Data Folder" link in your Start | Programs menu.

Q. Where do I get the latest installer?

A. You can find it on the top of the Downloads page.

Q. My key doesn't seem to work for updates any more. What do I need to do?

A. Most errors are related to network connection issues or instability. Trying again fixes the majority of the issues although some people have reported during busy times that they had to try 5 or 6 times to get through. On rare occasions, a license key is actually locked if we find that it has been broadcast on the Internet or linked to torrents or pirate sites.

Q. My download link on the Order History page no longer works. What should I do?

A. There is a limit on the number of times a product can be downloaded using the link emailed for your purchase -- or from the Order History page. This is for anti-piracy reasons. Please send an email to [email protected] and request that your count be increased to allow additional downloads.

Q. I just bought some stuff from your store and I still have not received my license keys or download links. Can you help?

A. These emails are normally sent out automatically but in certain situations, like with new accounts or eChecks, PayPal places a verification hold on the funds. As soon as PayPal notifies us that the funds are clear, the automatic email will generate. This can occasionally take 2-4 days before PayPal completes their verification. You should receive an email from PayPal roughly an hour or so before they release the funds to SmiteWorks. Other than that, please check your Spam filters to see if the email was flagged as spam for some reason.

Q. I just purchased a product from the store and the download link is broken. What should I do?

A. Please send an email to [email protected] and we will fix the link. We may have been up late working on code or gremlins may have taken over our keyboard.

Oberoten
April 12th, 2010, 18:23
And this gets ganked to the Wiki ad verbatim.

- Obe

dm-crazy
April 12th, 2010, 19:10
Thats why i choose the AMAZING FG! :) Ty Davidson!

Moon Wizard
March 26th, 2012, 20:50
Added to official FAQ link.