PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Patches Extension

phantomwhale
April 11th, 2010, 22:35
PLEASE NOTE: WITH THE RELEASE OF VERSION 3.1, THIS EXTENSION IS NO LONGER REQUIRED

In response to bugs being fixed and/or workarounds posted on the Savage Worlds forum, I have taken the opportunity to put together an extension for other savage users, to allow them to make use of all these fixes without having to manually edit ruleset files.

The attached extension, SavageWorldsPatches_v10.ext, should be placed in the "extensions" folder and should fix the following bugs :

Corrects a problem with tokens not snapping to the grid - now, whenever a grid is placed onto a map tokens should automatically snap to grid.
Allows players to control multiple characters again (credit to Firtun)
Power damage dice will now ace, and will pick up the modifier too (credit to Velocinox)
Vehicle damage dice will now ace, and will pick up the modifier too (credit to Velocinox)
Modifiers now apply to basic dice rolls
Allow players to move allied tokens and show reach of allies (credit to Oberoten)
Fixed NPC skill list on shared player windows (credit to Firtun)
Fixed NPC window lists from ignoring first create item command (credit to Ikael)
Adds sorting to NPC special abilities (credit to Doswelk)
Fixes script error when GM spends a benny (v2.7.2 only)
Fixes problem with selecting skills (NPC or PC) to the right of skills with long names

To enable start a new Savage Worlds Campaign, or select a pre-existing one, ensuring you tick the box for the "Savage Worlds Unofficial Patches" extension.

Hope this helps. Please report back if any of these fixes don't appear to work, or cause any breaks. Fixes have been tested against the latest FGII version, but the patches are unofficial, and therefore should be approached accordingly.

Please note that this extension, like any other, could stop another unofficial extension from working, such as Velocinox's powers extension which is currently not compatible with this patch. Please raise such incompatibilities here, and I can try and see if a workaround is possible before the next official release.

Regards,
Ben (Phantomwhale)

Note : people with the older versions of this extension should remove / delete this from the extensions directory, putting this file in it's place. Campaigns setup to use the older version(s) should now automatically pick this one up instead.

kalmarjan
April 11th, 2010, 22:57
I am going to post this fix at the SWO site as well. Thank you!

philth
April 12th, 2010, 00:30
cool I'm guessing I just drop this into the extensions folder.....?

ddavison
April 12th, 2010, 01:48
I have heard back from Asilva and we are in the process of testing his fixes along with the ones submitted so far. We hope to conclude this testing and release the updated version for SW this week sometime.

phantomwhale
April 12th, 2010, 07:39
I have heard back from Asilva and we are in the process of testing his fixes along with the ones submitted so far. We hope to conclude this testing and release the updated version for SW this week sometime.

Guess I'll hold off on adding Velocinox's "powers damage fix (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12148)" into the unofficial patches extension then !

Ah short-lived fame... but looking forward to a new official version :) Great news guys.

ddavison
April 12th, 2010, 23:27
Don't hold off on our account. This is the ideal place for hot fixes in my opinion and we are merely including the community generated fixes into a larger release that wraps them all up into the original ruleset. We will be sure to identify the names of the contributing community users to this fix.

For everyone else, be sure to give him a boost to his reputation here. ;)

Doswelk
April 12th, 2010, 23:30
Already did!

:D

Doswelk
April 13th, 2010, 18:34

Whilst testing the version mentioned above I have discovered an "issue" can someone with a extension fix/manual fix see if you have the same "problem"

I can no longer drag PCs from the character selection to the combat tracker, I tend to use it when prepping a session, the fact it no longer works is a minor inconvenience and I would rather lose it and keep multiple PCs working if I had to choose!

phantomwhale
April 14th, 2010, 00:10
Tried testing for this problem (as noted in the other thread) but could not reproduce.

Have also added the powers damage fix into the extension and renamed to v2 for clarity - sorry, this probably broke the link from SWO.net - maybe change the link to the head of this forum post to ensure consistency ?

Possibly all moot if the new official patched version is coming out any minute now, but was using this as some training for bigger, brighter things (new rulesets !) so still not wasted effort for me by any means.

kalmarjan
April 14th, 2010, 14:17
The link has been changed over at SWO. Again, thank you for the patch!

phantomwhale
April 14th, 2010, 22:48
Have added on another small fix from Velocinox, this time for vehicle damage aceing and being affected by the modifiers.

dittotb
May 2nd, 2010, 17:51
I have read how to add the extension that you created but the choice never comes up to add it to a previous campaign or a new campaign. I have a full version of the program. The file is in the extensions folder but I never have an option to add it. What have I done wrong?

phantomwhale
May 2nd, 2010, 21:12
Not sure why it might not work, but just to check :

(1) place the file above in the following directory :

%APPDATA%\Fantasy Grounds II\extensions

(e.g. %APPDATA%\Fantasy Grounds II\extensions\SavageWorldsPatches_v3.ext)

(2) Start a new campaign or load a new one using the Savage Worlds ruleset, and you SHOULD see an option called "Savage Worlds unofficial patches extension"

Erm... yeah, that should be it ? If you want to check the file has downloaded correctly, try opening it with winzip (or similar program) and check you can see the files inside.

PW

CAPryde
May 4th, 2010, 03:23
Does anyone know if the "official" patch came out? Or should I just use the one from this thread?

ddavison
May 4th, 2010, 05:18
The official one has not been released yet, so this is the latest and greatest. We have some work to do on a solid patch deployment method.

dittotb
May 4th, 2010, 15:27
That is exactly where it is. I can unzip and look at the files. It still never comes up and gives me the option regardless of whether or not I use an old campaign or start a new one.
Any further ideas?

Not sure why it might not work, but just to check :

(1) place the file above in the following directory :

%APPDATA%\Fantasy Grounds II\extensions

(e.g. %APPDATA%\Fantasy Grounds II\extensions\SavageWorldsPatches_v3.ext)

(2) Start a new campaign or load a new one using the Savage Worlds ruleset, and you SHOULD see an option called "Savage Worlds unofficial patches extension"

Erm... yeah, that should be it ? If you want to check the file has downloaded correctly, try opening it with winzip (or similar program) and check you can see the files inside.

PW

ProfMarks
May 21st, 2010, 05:02
Haven't seen any comments about the modifier issue so I figured I'd ask, are any of these amazing scripters looking at fixing the dial a modifer applying to a manually tossed die? Best I can tell, if you fire a roll from a character sheet, the dialed modifer will apply, but a grab and rolled die it will not.

phantomwhale
May 22nd, 2010, 16:57
Haven't seen any comments about the modifier issue so I figured I'd ask, are any of these amazing scripters looking at fixing the dial a modifer applying to a manually tossed die? Best I can tell, if you fire a roll from a character sheet, the dialed modifer will apply, but a grab and rolled die it will not.

Wow - hadn't really noticed this, but now you mention it... well, it started to bug me ! So your wish is your command, and two cups of tea (and a jaffa cake) later I think I've got it fixed.

Please try the new extension file (v4), attached to the first post in this thread. This should apply the modifier (and not the +1d6 damage dice) to any roll made from the tabletop dice. Everything else should work as before.

Regards,
Ben

phantomwhale
May 22nd, 2010, 17:24
Just noticed that my inclusion of Velocinox's "power damage dice aceing" fix prevents the full functionality of his new "Powers Upgrade extension" (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12162) from working.

Reasons for this are we are both overriding the definition for the powers window. So I was thinking of three approaches here :

(a) Remove this fix from the patches extension, and leave a link for the powers upgrade instead in the post title.
(b) Provide a separate "powers upgrade compatible" version of this extension along with the current version
(c) Integrate Velocinox's work fully into the patches extension

My thoughts are mixed here, as (a) means you only get the powers damage patch if you take the extra functionality, (b) means maintaining two separate extensions and may lead to more confusion for new users and (c) means the spirit of this extension (patching broken elements with no change to any functionality) is altered; plus don't want anyone to think I'm just nicking other people's good ideas and repacking them as mine :O

What do other users think ?

phloog
May 23rd, 2010, 02:32
Lots of great work going on here, but is this really how it's going to be?

By this I mean, is the OFFICIAL new version just going to be packing up and combining these user fixes?

If it is, then we may be in trouble because it seems like there's a LOT of opportunity for "My fix of his error breaks your fix of my error" kind of stuff.

Or is there a completely separate bunch of development going on, in which case we may find that it introduces new glitches but simultaneously invalidates all this end-user generated stuff?

I'm really kind of loathe to download unofficial user extensions, but it seems like this is how it works until something else happens on this product.

phantomwhale
May 23rd, 2010, 09:52
Phloog,

Firstly, the nature of the FG ruleset development has been heavily covered in this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11520), so I'd rather keep such debate off of this thread for now.

As for the nature of these extensions, let me explain what we've done. To fix elements on a certain "chunk" (e.g. the powers part of the character sheet), we've directly copied the XML chunk that creates this "chunk" and put it into our extension file, and then changed the one line that calls the magic LUA scripting that "does the clever stuff".

So from this approach it doesn't seem possible to have two extensions both adjusting the same "chunk", as it's not a case of saying I'm overwriting this scripting method for this part of it's functionality, but someone else is overwriting this other method. This might not be the only / best way to do it - but it's certainly the approach that we've taken. And in this case we arevchanging exactly the same scripting method anyway, as we are both fixing the same "power damage dice not aceing" problem.

As for problems when integrating these fixes in the main ruleset, this contention would simply not exist, as you would just copy and paste the scripting parts you want into the main scripting files, and leave the XML as it was. In fact, when I make a bugfix, I adjust the main ruleset first, which normally won't take too long and ends up adjusting 3-4 lines of code. A good part of the work has then been turning that into an extension, doing the steps above.

It would be easier just to add these bugfixes straight into the ruleset. But then you wouldn't release that ruleset to all users without more then the 2-3 minutes of quick testing that I'm prepared to do (although my changes have always been small, so I'd be surprised if they really do break anything else). So in a way, having this unofficial patches extension is good - it can act like a beta test for the changes, so that they can be applied to the next main release of the Savage Worlds ruleset with greater confidence.

As for not liking unofficial user extensions, I totally understand that. That's why I wanted all the simple, straight forward bugfixes to be made available here in one place, so most users only have to get one extension that is fairly stable; and I do believe it is - I'm a ruleset author as well (well, an unpublished one at the moment) but being able to see the original source code, myself and any other contributor is in just as strong a position as the original creator to provide stable bugfixes.

Hence I wanted to get a little user feedback before doing anything to the bugfix extension. I really want to keep this extension stable, simple and user friendly. But equally I wanted to see if anything could be done to accommodate those who do want to use multiple extensions here to remove the contention within any limitations of what FG extensions can do.

Hopefully knowing the details helps people understand the nature of the work done here.

Ben

ProfMarks
May 23rd, 2010, 14:09
phantomwhale,

Thanks for looking into the issue, and using your scripting skills to benefit the whole community. I, for one, really appreciate you doing it, and promise in another life to learn coding/scripting when the mind is still absorbs new skills.

From what I read of the double fix problem, perhaps you could post the code and lines that would be need to changed in the base file for this particular issue. Understanding that the extension is the prefered (and right way to go) fix method, if we are at a crossroads, rather than having one fix or another, I'd argue that the fix that is easiest to impliment in the main file be left out but detailed. Then let the extention fix all others. Not so elegent, but until a better option becomes clear.

Thanks again.

phloog
May 25th, 2010, 04:46
It's always hard for me to be clear on web forums (fora?)...It's not that I don't like community stuff, I just would prefer that things be done by the main company...and it did concern me when it SOUNDED like (and I might be wrong) fixes were breaking new things...and it concerns me when there seems to be no official patch in the near term. If a patch comes from the dev., you have a lot more freedom to complain when it doesn't work...I can't really complain about free stuff.

I guess if I had to express my concerns they wouldn't be anything about the community stuff, because I think it's awesome folks are doing this for everyone out of the goodness of their hearts. My concerns are more along the lines of:

1) Is the fact that user patches are present causing people to drop their pitchforks, so the actual developers feel far less pressure to fix the thing that THEY got paid for? If there weren't all these folks stepping up, would more people be vocal and would we be more likely to have a new version?

2) Is the main company just waiting until everything is fixed by user extensions and then they'll bundle those together? I honestly don't have a problem with that so long as they don't put in conflicting code, but then why not just make the whole thing open, free, and charge for the licensed stuff?

3) It's always a little troubling to me when the core product has issues, but the company seems more interested in selling add-ons. It's unfair of me to feel this way I realize, but part of me wants to say 'Stop spending time making new things until the old things are better' - - I realize the money is in accessories, but I BOUGHT accessories, and I'm not really up for buying any more if this thing is not going to see any more development.

Well, now I'll probably not post again for another month or so (which was a promise I kept last time), and maybe next time I post there'll be a new version.

CAPryde
June 1st, 2010, 14:59
Thanks a lot for this thread, PW. I've really appreciated the patches and especially the ease of use.

ddavison
July 11th, 2010, 00:05
This thread has been stickied.

Mortani
July 21st, 2010, 17:48
I'm looking to start running a Savage Worlds game. Are these updates included in the 2.7.0 update?

phantomwhale
July 21st, 2010, 18:16
I'm looking to start running a Savage Worlds game. Are these updates included in the 2.7.0 update?

I believe the latest version of Fantasy Grounds is 2.6.5 (unless my updater is keeping something from me...) but in any case this would not make any difference to the Savage Worlds ruleset.

The latest Savage Worlds ruleset (release 3) is technically v3.0.8, and does not contain these patches. Again, I'm not aware of a newer version, although one was talked about.

Final point to add is I think there is some hope to get the 3rd party ruleset updates (such as Savage Worlds) integrated with the Fantasy Grounds updater, which might make pushing out patches much simpler, rather than having lots of different versions floating around.

With all these things, I wouldn't hold your breath, but that said, the current versions of FGII and the Savage Worlds ruleset is more than playable right now. (and naturally, the inclusion of the unofficial patches helps make it just that little bit smoother too :D )

Regards,
Ben

Mortani
July 21st, 2010, 22:15
Gotcha, thank you for the clarification.

phantomwhale
July 26th, 2010, 08:06
Have added in a patch to allow players to also move any ally (friend) tokens, as well as show the reach of them, as described on the first page of this thread :

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12816

I spent a little time considering if this was a "bug" or "enhancement" - after all, some GMs might like to show "friendly bystanders" on the combat map, but not let the players move them. Finally, I consulted the SWEX book and reminded myself that unlike other RPGs, Savage promotes the concept of player controlled allies, and GM's can always use the neutral status for bystander tokens.

Hopefully others agree this is a "bug" (or at least "desired enhancement to the core ruleset") and not a "optional enhancement for certain cases" and so belongs in this extension.

Oberoten
July 26th, 2010, 09:26
I would agree. After all innocent bystanders is the yellow neutral after all?

- Obe

phantomwhale
August 7th, 2010, 00:11
Added NPC skill list fix for player's as reported here : https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=93951&postcount=11

Mask_of_winter
August 7th, 2010, 05:35
Thanks for all your work Phantomwhale. It is greatly appreciated. Smite Works should pay you! hehe

ddavison
August 9th, 2010, 18:27
Thanks for all your work Phantomwhale. It is greatly appreciated. Smite Works should pay you! hehe

We are working on it. Phantom is doing some commission work for us for DL:RL now.

Mask_of_winter
August 9th, 2010, 22:58
We are working on it. Phantom is doing some commission work for us for DL:RL now.

Awesome!

I've been waiting for the DL:R extension or ruleset for a while now. I'll be one of the first to buy it.

phantomwhale
August 9th, 2010, 23:08
Yep, the SW patches are just a sideline o' mine; and, in fairness, more of a compilation of lots of people's fixes rather than all my own work. That said, if you have a paypal account, then yo... (just kidding).

DL:R is my first commercial venture into Fantasy Grounds. It will be an extension to the existing Savage Worlds ruleset.

So far I've got a good chunk of the Fate Chip library written, some nice fate chip images, and about 25% of the player's book in FGII module format. So plenty more work to be done. But it's making good progress, and I'm enjoying it, so that's always a good sign for these projects. Plus I have one guaranteed customer now - awesome ;)

Mask_of_winter
August 10th, 2010, 01:38
Are you using the second edition/split books for the modules or the all-in-one brick?

Will these modules be released with the extension? at the same time? or at later time?

I can't speak computer and help you out with coding but if you need help with copy and pasting text, image editing, proof reading or whatever, send me a pm. I'd be happy to help.

phantomwhale
August 10th, 2010, 08:05
Are you using the second edition/split books for the modules or the all-in-one brick?

Will these modules be released with the extension? at the same time? or at later time?

I can't speak computer and help you out with coding but if you need help with copy and pasting text, image editing, proof reading or whatever, send me a pm. I'd be happy to help.

I am using the second edition split books to generate the modules, which will be bundled with the extension.

Thanks for the offer of help - with it being a commercial venture, it's tougher than the standard open source "throw files around" for sharing the effort, but I'll keep the offer in mind.

Will start a new thread on the Savage Worlds forum when I've got something closer to done, at which point community comments based on screenshots and design ideas would be welcomed, to make sure I've covered most of the use cases.

phantomwhale
September 6th, 2010, 22:22
New version uploaded, this time fixing an annoying bug with the first "create item" command on NPC sheets being ignored.

This was first reported on the Verison 3.1 wishlist thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13092) by Mask of Winter (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=96120&postcount=3), with the initial fix being posted by Ikael (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=96611&postcount=29)

It should now respond to the first "Create Item" command on the skills, weapons and powers list, and still not allow you to empty these lists (creating a blank item should you remove the last one).

Mask_of_winter
September 7th, 2010, 02:03
Thank you Phantomwhale!

VenomousFiligree
September 7th, 2010, 07:28
Indeed, thanks! :)

Doswelk
September 7th, 2010, 08:38
Yet again proof that the Savage Worlds ruleset is in good hands :D

One extra request though please? :o

My major annoyance (other than the problems you have just fixed) with the NPC entry is that weapons and skills sort but abilities do not, can that be done?

If you had added that in this patch then please forgive me for posting before testing that!

Doswelk
September 7th, 2010, 08:48

I've fixed my own request!

To sort abilities add the following to the <script> section of
<windowlist name="specialabs">

function onSortCompare(w1, w2)
return w1.abilityname.getValue() > w2.abilityname.getValue();
end

Seems to work for me can someone confirm?

Finishing Hellfrost Bestiary is going to be so much quicker with all these fixes!

Ikael
September 7th, 2010, 08:55
Yes, that solution fixes the sorting issue

phantomwhale
September 7th, 2010, 13:39
A pleasure to add you to the honour roll, Doswelk !

Version 8 released now, with NPC special power sorting added in.

VenomousFiligree
September 7th, 2010, 22:14
Not even had a chance to download v7 yet! Keep up the good work FG Savages :)

CAPryde
September 9th, 2010, 23:06
So does the powers patch still not work with v8? Just curious, because I noticed the note on the first post.

Doswelk
September 9th, 2010, 23:32
I'm using both

phantomwhale
September 10th, 2010, 00:31
I guess if the powers extension loads after the unofficial patches extension, then it would work (as it would overwrite the unofficial patches definition of the powers and replace it with the enhanced one).

But if it loaded in the OTHER order, then the unofficial patches extension would stomp out the powers extension, preventing it from taking full effect.

So basically not SURE if it works - Doswelk has it working, but then I got the impression he was doing a bit of script modifying locally (which certainly will get both working, but the patch extension was really for those who don't want to fiddle with scripts, but just want a working ruleset)

Longer term, will be looking to integrate all the patches into the ruleset and release a new official version. Even longer term would be to integrate the powers extension functionality into the ruleset, with some extensibility to customize icons, power names and associated skills. But for now, I'm all Deadlands focused, so short term answer is to give it a try and let me know if it works or not.

Doswelk
September 11th, 2010, 00:16
So basically not SURE if it works - Doswelk has it working, but then I got the impression he was doing a bit of script modifying locally (which certainly will get both working, but the patch extension was really for those who don't want to fiddle with scripts, but just want a working ruleset)

Ah yes! I always forget that :S

CAPryde
September 11th, 2010, 01:40
It seems to be working for me. Not 100% certain yet, but so far, so good.

phantomwhale
September 15th, 2010, 10:52
A pleasure to add you to the honour roll, Doswelk !

Version 8 released now, with NPC special power sorting added in.

Actually... you know what, I'm not sure this IS a bug ?

I've been programming in the critters of Deadlands, and powers are not listed in alphabetical order, but rather in one that make good sense (weapons and armor near the top, more involved powers lower down, and things that are only applicable on the death of the critter at the end)

So I might remove this from the next patches release. When I get round to writing the next ruleset, I guess this could be a customizable option, but by default I think we should keep it as non-sorting.

Thoughts ?

Doswelk
September 15th, 2010, 15:31
rob me of my contribution :(

:p

<edit>
Actually looking at the Marshall's guide the only out of order entries I could find were the Coup entries.
</edit>

phantomwhale
September 15th, 2010, 21:32
<edit>
Actually looking at the Marshall's guide the only out of order entries I could find were the Coup entries.
</edit>

Touche !

Good spot. Alright, it stays :)

Blue Haven
October 5th, 2010, 20:30
First of all thank you all for this work but i have a problem :( when i launch the ruleset i don&#180;t see the ext...why is that?? do i need to do some changes or do i have some problem in my ruleset...?
Thanks

phantomwhale
October 6th, 2010, 08:48
First of all thank you all for this work but i have a problem :( when i launch the ruleset i donīt see the ext...why is that?? do i need to do some changes or do i have some problem in my ruleset...?
Thanks

As long as you select the extension when your are loading your campaign, then it will be in operation when the game loads up (e.g. you won't SEE anything, other than the bugfixes should be in place).

Unless you are saying you can't see the extension option in the load / start new campaign screen, in which case I'd check your starting a SavageWorlds (v3) campaign, and that the extension file you downloaded in in your "extensions" folder, and is a valid .ext file (you can change the file ending to .zip, and it should open in WinZip or similar programs).

Note that if you have uncompressed the extension, it needs to live inside it's own folder within the extensions directory. But you probably don't want to be doing this anyway :)

drahkar
October 6th, 2010, 12:06
A suggestion might be to have the extension pop a message in the chat window that it loaded. People like warm fuzzies like that. :)

Blue Haven
October 6th, 2010, 12:41
Unless you are saying you can't see the extension option in the load / start new campaign screen, in which case I'd check your starting a SavageWorlds (v3) campaign, and that the extension file you downloaded in in your "extensions" folder, and is a valid .ext file (you can change the file ending to .zip, and it should open in WinZip or similar programs).

Thats the problem...i cannot see the extension when i load or create a new game...thatīs why i asked for help...but i see now the problem...iīm using release 2 of the ruleset so i need v3 right? duh!!

gorgeous_b
February 18th, 2011, 20:41
Ever since getting the extension, i cannot sum a dice roll without crashing, neither can my players.

phantomwhale
February 18th, 2011, 21:55
Can't say I've ever had this problem (and have been summing dice rolls for many months now).

Also the bug fixes don't really touch the chunk of code that deals with dice roll behavior, so I'm not sure how it might trigger something like this.

Anyone else seeing this behavior ? Gergeous_b, have you tried running without the extension to see if it still happens ?

gorgeous_b
February 21st, 2011, 04:45
Can't say I've ever had this problem (and have been summing dice rolls for many months now).

Also the bug fixes don't really touch the chunk of code that deals with dice roll behavior, so I'm not sure how it might trigger something like this.

Anyone else seeing this behavior ? Gergeous_b, have you tried running without the extension to see if it still happens ?

I have, and it doesn't crash without the extension.

Doswelk
February 21st, 2011, 09:13
I have, and it doesn't crash without the extension.

I gave up summing dice as it always caused me to crash, but a new campaign and modules (well new installation really) and the problem went away...

Not suggesting that, but what I found work for me was to get a player to do the summing for me and that got around the problem.

phantomwhale
February 22nd, 2011, 12:19
Hmmm... quite odd. All I can say for now is a new version of the ruleset (by myself) is close to publishing soon (just having some technical issues with getting it to Smiteworks at the moment) and it contains all the full patches extension + more changes from me as I am taking over ownership of this ruleset currently.

Hopefully using this newer integrated release, or a new installation as suggested, might fix the issue. If others can confirm the extension makes roll summing crash, I can try and replicate it again, but I've had a good go at it, and it seems to work fine in all situations so far.

Iceman
February 22nd, 2011, 17:54
Is there an enhancement ruleset for 3.5e? Specific features I am looking for are as follows:

XP table - when you enter 6000 points in the xp box the program should know what level you are

SP table/Class table - based on your class and your INT and your level the program should know how many SPs you should have and how many you have left to spend

Monster XP table - when four PCs, average level 4, kill a CR15 dragon the program should know how many xp to give to each PC and the GM should be able to click a single 'approve' button to have the xp applied

Also any plans for incorporating sound - as in a conference call type option to help minimize reading?
Thanks for any/all info on these issues!

Indarien
February 23rd, 2011, 02:26
Is there an enhancement ruleset for 3.5e?

While those are some great requests for 3.5....this is a ruleset extension for Savage Worlds. Barking up the wrong tree I'm afraid.

phantomwhale
April 23rd, 2011, 06:34
With the release of version 3.1, can we "unsticky" this thread please ? The extension is no longer required, as all it's fixes are included within the new version.

ddavison
April 23rd, 2011, 07:36
unstickied.

Doswelk
April 23rd, 2011, 09:38
Glad we do not this thread any more but in a way it will be missed :p