PDA

View Full Version : Exalted(tm) E1 Custom Libraries

eyepuppy
April 11th, 2010, 08:54
Seems like custom libraries are the real issue in Fantasy Grounds II(tm). They are extremely useful, but a pain in the posterior to program! I'm loving the way this program works, I just wish it was a little easier to create libraries for ease of use and so I have all the information at hand without having to really use my books anymore. I would rather have little snips than have 100 post-it notes in my book for tabs.

So I'm going to be creating my own ruleset for Exalted(tm) E1 based off the 2nd Edition Ruleset that's on the wiki.

Thanks for this wonderful program! My friends and I have been wanting to play together for a while. Everyone being off at different schools and dealing with new friends makes it difficult to get together and play.

If anyone has any tips learned over the years that would help, I would appreciate it.

So far, it seems pretty straight forward. I'll have to make template frames inside the ruleset folder to generate the library entries. This requires a small amount of programming, with some hierarchy issues (because of the way charms (abilities) work in Exalted(tm). After that, it seems like pretty much data entry. I might even write a script that I can just copy/ paste the information and it'll parse the information straight into the library files.

Of course, everything looks better on paper. We'll see how it works as I work on it over the next few weeks. I'll keep updates rolling!

eyepuppy
April 11th, 2010, 09:14
Tips:

Window classes
[li]
<minimize></minimize>refers to image file that will replace window in minimized form.

eyepuppy
April 11th, 2010, 09:17
Saved for Later Use.