PDA

View Full Version : Powers Damage Not Acing Fix

Velocinox
April 10th, 2010, 21:33
In Doswelk's Savage Worlds Tutorial Part 2, (Here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11994), and thank you Doswelk.) he mentions that the powers damage has a bug that makes it not ace when you double click it or drag it.

Related to that issue, I also noticed that modifiers were not being applied to the powers damage rolls.

I believe I have found a fix to both bugs;

Back up the Fantasy Grounds II\rulesets\SavageWorlds3\charsheet_main.xml file to something like original_charsheet_main.xml

Create a copy with the correct name (Fantasy Grounds II\rulesets\SavageWorlds3\charsheet_main.xml)

Open the copy and do a search for the following line:

draginfo.setType("dice");

Change the word in quotes from "dice" to "damagedice" (be careful to check spelling)

Then do a search for the following line:

ChatManager.control.throwDice("dice",dice, mod,window.name.getValue() .. " damage");

Change the first quoted word from "dice" to "damagedice" (again, make sure spelling is correct or you will get a script error when you open the program).

I've only performed limited testing to confirm the fix, but initial results are positive including a playtest game where the powers' damages were being modified and acing properly.

Please post here if you find that it is affecting some other aspect of the program or gameplay. Thanks.

sloejack
April 11th, 2010, 23:10
From looking at the xml, you are correct this is a case where the type was not carried through properly.

In Doswelk's Savage Worlds Tutorial Part 2, (Here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11994), and thank you Doswelk.) he mentions that the powers damage has a bug that makes it not ace when you double click it or drag it.

Related to that issue, I also noticed that modifiers were not being applied to the powers damage rolls.

I believe I have found a fix to both bugs;

Back up the Fantasy Grounds II\rulesets\SavageWorlds3\charsheet_main.xml file to something like original_charsheet_main.xml

Create a copy with the correct name (Fantasy Grounds II\rulesets\SavageWorlds3\charsheet_main.xml)

Open the copy and do a search for the following line:

Change the word in quotes from "dice" to "damagedice" (be careful to check spelling)

Then do a search for the following line:

ChatManager.control.throwDice("dice",dice, mod,window.name.getValue() .. " damage");

Change the first quoted word from "dice" to "damagedice" (again, make sure spelling is correct or you will get a script error when you open the program).

I've only performed limited testing to confirm the fix, but initial results are positive including a playtest game where the powers' damages were being modified and acing properly.

Please post here if you find that it is affecting some other aspect of the program or gameplay. Thanks.

phantomwhale
April 14th, 2010, 00:13
Just tried it out - it all works !

None of my players have powers (we're doing some modern stuff right now) so we'd not picked up on this, but I had been playing about with some hucksters for Deadlands and not noticed the bolt powers failing to ace...

Hope you don't mind, but have added this fix to my "unofficial patches" extension over here : https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12159

Regards,
Ben

Velocinox
April 14th, 2010, 02:10
Nope, don't mind at all, but while you're at it you might as well include this dice type error as well...

in adventure_vehicles.xml

search for the following;

and change the word in quotes from "dice" to "damagedice"

then search for the following;

ChatManager.control.throwDice("dice",dice, mod,window.getDatabaseNode().getParent().getParent ().getChild("name").getValue() .. ": " .. window.name.getValue() .. " damage");

change the first quoted word from "dice" to "damagedice"

and that should take care of the vehicle weapons not acing or accepting modifier numbers, as well.

phantomwhale
April 14th, 2010, 22:53
NOW you tell me... <sigh>...:p

Thanks for the tip off ! Have tested it and added it into the bundle : https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12159