PDA

View Full Version : Notes (Add New Group)

TheShadow
April 10th, 2010, 13:16
Is it possible to make the Notes button act like the Story button. I'd like to be able to make new tabs (Add New Group) in the Notes area. That way I can section off each characters notes so I don't have to scroll through the loads of notes all jumbled together.

Moon Wizard
April 12th, 2010, 21:29
The challenge with the Notes is that they are a different kind of entity than the other campaign objects in FG, in that they are created and maintained by each client as opposed to the host. I will add this to the wish list for the 3.5E and 4E rulesets.

Regards,
JPG

TheShadow
April 13th, 2010, 02:02
The challenge with the Notes is that they are a different kind of entity than the other campaign objects in FG, in that they are created and maintained by each client as opposed to the host. I will add this to the wish list for the 3.5E and 4E rulesets.

Regards,
JPG

Thanks.

Would a more simple fix be just having the notes group together? Like, it shows all of Player's 1 notes together and all of Player's 2 notes together etc.

Moon Wizard
April 14th, 2010, 19:46
It depends. The challenge would be that the built-in category controls are designed to create one set of custom categories and store the information in the database (shared with everyone else). A sorting of the notes by player (i.e. owner) would be simpler from a database perspective, but you would have to create a custom category control to filter and manage them.

Cheers,
JPG