PDA

View Full Version : Change campaign password?

dloyer4
April 9th, 2010, 00:20
Is there any way to change the password on a campaign without recreating the campaign from scratch?

Moon Wizard
April 13th, 2010, 04:46
In the Fantasy Grounds launcher window, you should be able to click on the Load Campaign button, then click on the campaign you want to edit in the center window, then change the GM name and password in the lower window.

Cheers,
JPG

Redemption77
June 20th, 2016, 20:53
Holy crap this is an old thread so Im sorry about dragging it from the depths of virtual hell BUT....Ive put a password on my game before and people are still able to connect with no password, just the alias. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Nickademus
June 20th, 2016, 21:08
Then why drag it back rather than starting a new thread; your issue doesn't even seem the same...

I've hit some weirdness with passwords and clients before. My first suggestion would be to completely shut down Fantasy Grounds (and all other clients if you have multiple running), and start it again. See if the password kicks in for the players. Next, check the campaign.xml file in the campaign's folder in your FG data folder. Look to see if it has the <password> tag defined with your password.

Zacchaeus
June 20th, 2016, 21:09
Second worst Necro ever!

I assume that the campaign that these chaps are joining is the same one you put a password on? Each campaign will have a different password as far as I can see (I've never used it but that makes sense to me).

Redemption77
June 20th, 2016, 21:12
Ok, thanks for the info I'll give it a try. Also I dug it up while looking for an answer to my question and figured it was a password related theme and no need to create another thread when there was one already sucking up bankdwidth.

I was thinking that if they had the alias they would bypass the password. I wasnt sure how it worked. I will play around and do some testing I suppose

LordEntrails
June 20th, 2016, 22:06
I've got a password on most of my campaigns and the alias does not bypass it (some of my players have to ask me for it every-time).