PDA

View Full Version : full screen images

marcus_egan
April 7th, 2010, 19:07
is there a way for me to maximize the size of my maps that I place on the table? I seem to be very limited in how large I can make that window.

thanks.

Spyke
April 7th, 2010, 19:29
Not in FG, I'm afraid. The maximum size of the window can be edited in the ruleset itself, though, so you could customise my GURPS one to do that. (You should find advice on how to do that elsewhere here - got to dash!)

Actually I should look into doing that anyway...

Spyke

marcus_egan
April 7th, 2010, 19:38
dude. i would love to have that capability. Is it Lua I would have to learn to make that happen?

marcus_egan
April 7th, 2010, 20:43
it would also be really cool if everything didn't scale to one size. i'd like to have a big 3000 x 2500 maps for large situations. Is that un-do-able?

Moon Wizard
April 8th, 2010, 15:36
The maximum size of the map window is controlled by each ruleset. You can potentially edit the XML in each ruleset to remove or change the limit. It is a somewhat technical task, but not too bad. Each ruleset is either a folder in the FG2 Application Data Folder or a PAK file (ZIP file) in the FG2 Main Folder.

The size of the window is limited in most rulesets in order to make sure that the GM does not make the image window too large for all their players screens. When the GM shares the map, it appears on the player's screens in the same size as the GM's screen. If the player's screen resolution is much smaller than the GM's screen, then the map can cover up other sheets, chat window, etc.

I do not understand your comment on the scaling. Are you talking about token scaling? Also, the larger the map, the longer the transfer time. It is recommended by most people in the forums to keep your maps at 1M or less.

Hope that helps,
JPG

marcus_egan
April 8th, 2010, 15:48
yes, that cleared some things up. thank you