PDA

View Full Version : Client (player) access to characters

umbralux
April 7th, 2010, 02:16
Can anyone tell me what part of the rule set controls a client's access to characters? Specifically Savage Worlds if they're significantly different.

On a related note, is there a published guide to which files / scripts perform given functions? The internal script documentation seems fairly rudimentary.

Thanks!

Moon Wizard
April 8th, 2010, 21:56
Can you tell us a little about what you are trying to accomplish, and perhaps we can give you some pointers on where to look?

If you just need to clear the owner of a character so someone else can use it, then you can usually just right click the character in the character selection screen and select Release Owner.

The characters are stored in the charsheet node of the campaign database, though you should avoid editing the campaign database directly if you can. If you decide to try anyway, you should make a backup, since you can lose data if you do it wrong.

The files and the scripts in each ruleset are unique to each ruleset, so there is no specific documentation about what each file/script does within each ruleset. There is a guide to basic ruleset creation and FG-specific LUA functions in the Library section of the website.

Cheers,
JPG

umbralux
April 9th, 2010, 01:52
Two issues - probably related.
- Players can't release a character and connect to another without restarting.
- Players can't have two characters assigned and accessible at the same time.

Both issues occur in v3 of the Savage Worlds rule set but not in v2. I was hoping someone could point me at the section of the rule set which controls player access to characters. I'd like to compare the two and, if possible, fix v3.

So far I haven't been able to find it in the scripts, would this be in the xml?

Oberoten
April 9th, 2010, 23:41
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12135

Seems to hold the fix.

- Obe

umbralux
April 10th, 2010, 01:23
Thanks!

If anyone wonders, it works! :)

Oberoten
April 10th, 2010, 09:33
Now... I am thinking someone knowledgeable might be willing to make a extension of this. It'd be a very nice way to be able to patch the hole in the ruleset...

- Obe

phantomwhale
April 11th, 2010, 12:57
Have spent a few hours trying to put this into an extension (along with the snap to grid fix).

Can't seem to get the multiple char patch working at the moment though, but will shout if I do.