PDA

View Full Version : Transfering FG2 data between 2 computers

sunfest
April 6th, 2010, 09:58
Hi folks,

I have a question: I have FG2 installed on 2 computers and would like to know whether it is possible to transfer FG2 data between them?

We will start a new FG2 campaign tonight which I will host from computer 1. Next week I will be in another city and use computer 2. So how do I get the data from tonight (especially the PC sheets) to computer 2? Or do my players have to enter them again when I am hosting from computer 2?

Thanks for your help!
sun

Czarisyn
April 6th, 2010, 13:12
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11987

download, install, and setup Dropbox on both machines

create a junction (on both machine) as I mentioned in that post to your campaign folder

and you are done.

cpbs
April 6th, 2010, 14:25
You can also just copy the [campaign name] folder over to the new computer, after you are done tonight. Place a copy of the [campaign name] folder from your old computer to your new one in side the appdata "campaign" folder and then you should be able to run it. Also when you are threw the following night you can then move that folder back to your original computer overwriting your old campaign name folder.

File path

[user]/appdata/roaming/fantasygroundsii/campaigns/[campaign folder]

You might also make a backup copy of this, just in case something goes wrong. But that is way I've been doing it.

cpbs

Illrigger
April 6th, 2010, 18:10
Using Windows Live Mesh (www.mesh.com) works as well, same setup as Dropbox - install the client, r-click your FG2 folder under AppData, and add the folder to Live Mesh on each machine in question. You can also add files to all of them at once using the web-based live desktop.

sunfest
April 7th, 2010, 08:54
Thanks for the advice. I copied the folder, easy way.