PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs some basics...

savagedaniel
April 5th, 2010, 07:11
Hi guys,

had my first game today and like Fantasy Grounds already. I just have the the lite license and now wonder what I need to go on.

I want to play savage Worlds so I think I need the SW ruleset?
You just need it if you GM a game, right?

What about the adventures? Do they include the Ruleset? Or do they just give me the Maps, People etc I need?

Thx for any help. I'm a little confused here.

Dan

Doswelk
April 5th, 2010, 08:34
Are you planning to GM?

If not then you have everything you need (assuming you have a pdf/paper Savage Worlds Explorer's edition rulebook!)

If you plan to GM then you will need to upgrade/buy a full license (not sure if there is still an upgrade process from Lite to full), and the Savage Worlds ruleset.

The White Haired Man and the Pinnacle Savage Worlds adventures contain exactly the same information that you get when you buy the pdf version, the maps and the adventure you still need to have the full license and the SW ruleset.

The campaigns (Sundered Skies, Necessary Evil, Slipstream, etc.) again just contain what you got if you bought the book/pdf, but these also tend to include extra rules that add-on to the base Savage Worlds Rules.

Hope this helps

Please feel free to ask me any more questions...

savagedaniel
April 6th, 2010, 03:01
Thanks for the clarification. Don't know yet if I'll be gamemastering, have to convince my friends... but if they don't want to, I'll just play (vs GM) and be happy...