PDA

View Full Version : GURPS Banestorm - Civil War

marcus_egan
April 3rd, 2010, 21:40
I'm about a week away from being able to run my first session in this campaign. Only one player thus far and Ideally we'd have 3-5 players.

If you are curious, I have a 4 pdf set that will explain the setting in more detail and your beginning role (and choices) within it.

It's posted in the Calender.

Thanks.

marcus_egan
April 4th, 2010, 00:59
A reminder, there is no financial investment necessary, a free edition of GURPS Lite is available from SJgames.com

borusa32
April 4th, 2010, 09:25
Hi Marcus

I have run/played Gurps since the early eighties and took my lot through Harkwood a long time ago so would like to have a bash.,
I am in the UK though so time may be a bit problematic.
I am in a regular Sunday night 8 to 11 group ( GMT).
Peter

marcus_egan
April 4th, 2010, 14:50
sup borusa,

We would love to have you be a part of this, we hadn't nailed down a definite time yet because I wanted to see what a consensus would be amongst the players.

We can now get that process started.

marcus_egan
April 4th, 2010, 15:04
looks like we have a third player now.

marcus_egan
April 4th, 2010, 15:23
For those on the fence about joining because of the unknown time, I will definitely run the majority of the sessions on the weekends. When we do it on the weekends, is largely up to the player vote.

SGRaaize
April 4th, 2010, 15:30
Great, with someone else on the GMT timezone, I'm almost sure the schedule will be great

marcus_egan
April 4th, 2010, 15:35
unfortunately he isn't in GMT, but, if I'm not mistaken, He's pretty close to your same TZ

SGRaaize
April 4th, 2010, 15:36
+1 or -1 maximum, if he's in the UK

marcus_egan
April 5th, 2010, 02:22
we filled up pretty fast today. We have 4 players, could use 1 more if anybody is interested.

Spyke
April 5th, 2010, 12:25
Interested, but travelling and working a lot over the next few weekends. Hope the game goes well for you, Marcus.

Spyke

ronnke
April 5th, 2010, 12:40
I'm a long time GURPS gm/player, and I'm certainly keen, but timezone might be an issue (I'm GMT +10 Australia). Weekends are normally good, but realistically I'm not going to be getting up 2am in the morning if thats when you plan on playing. :P

Do you have any approximations of when you will be playing.

marcus_egan
April 5th, 2010, 17:36
thanks Spyke, we definitely to GURP something in the future.

Welcome aboard Ronnke. We hadn't nailed down a definite time yet. I'm okay with weird hours on my end for Saturday night/Sunday morning but that's definitely my most available time.

I'm also not totally opposed to running two different groups and different times if we generate enough interest.

SGRaaize
April 5th, 2010, 19:06
Great, we have enough members :)
Can we start this Saturday?

marcus_egan
April 5th, 2010, 21:08
no promises but I'll shoot for it

Pastor John
April 6th, 2010, 23:56
Still have room? I've been looking for a GURPS game to try out for a couple years where I live and no joy. DnD 4e killed everything resembling roleplaying in my old circles.

marcus_egan
April 7th, 2010, 01:01
absolutely. We only have 3 confirmed at the moment. Send me your email in a PM and I'll send you the info.

marcus_egan
April 7th, 2010, 17:13
just a friendly reminder that we're running a session this Saturday and we could use one or two more PC's.

thanks.

SGRaaize
April 7th, 2010, 17:36
Great :D
I'm ready :)

marcus_egan
April 8th, 2010, 05:40
still looking for 1 or 2 more PC's. If you're into GURPS I think we have a pretty good group starting to form, hit me up for more info.

marcus_egan
April 11th, 2010, 03:42
We just finished our first session and it went reasonably well. Spent most of the time on a small skirmish that was very instructional for me in so far as the capabilities of the application.

3 players currently, I think I can get a local friend for a 4th. We could use 1 more adventurer....

Saturday at 10pm GMT is our weekly time, until further notice.

marcus_egan
May 23rd, 2010, 19:34
Howdy all.

I'm trying to get this back up and running after a 1 month hiatus. We only have 2 adventurers who have committed to it, thus far. We could use 1 or 2 more.

Let me know if you have any interest.

Thanks.

jcdf
May 23rd, 2010, 21:30
I might be interested in playing. What game and rule set are you using?

Where is the Calender where you have placed the 4 pdf set that will explain the setting in more detail and my beginning role (and choices) within it?

SGRaaize
May 23rd, 2010, 23:32
I'm sorry if yesterday there was a game, Marshall is still ready to play

marcus_egan
May 25th, 2010, 06:37
Raaize my man! I had written you off. I'm stoked that you're still down to play. Do me a favor though, big dog, answer those emails occasionally ; )

jcdf, I'll send you some info asap.

SGRaaize
May 25th, 2010, 14:30
Alright
Hope I didn't miss any game
This saturday?

marcus_egan
May 25th, 2010, 16:35
you didn't miss anything yet. Ronnke is running his Traveller game this saturday evening. I'm not sure how we're going to schedule this, honestly. I'll send out an email to figure out a consensus.

We'll definitely be playing by next weekend though.

marcus_egan
May 28th, 2010, 07:47
ok, this seems to be the best way to contact people.

I'm going to run it at 10pm GMT on the 5th. Hope to see y'all there ; )

borusa32
May 29th, 2010, 08:08
Hi

Sorry to have ben out of touch a bit.
May I join you guys next Saturday?

Peter

[email protected]

marcus_egan
May 29th, 2010, 17:49
you bet!

I'll send you some information today.

The Hawk and Sparrow
July 19th, 2016, 13:15
Marcus, Howdy. I am looking into GURPS for the first time intending to set and run alternate Gettysburg battles. Which version / setting would you suggest? Thanks. Huzzah!

Honken
July 23rd, 2016, 15:04
Hello there Hawk and Sparrow!

That Marcus character has not written anything later then 2011. It doesn't me he's not still around, but maybe your question should be direkted either to the GURPS grop (further down the forum list), or maybe the Commons Section.

/H