PDA

View Full Version : April 1st PST 6:30PM One-Shot NEED 3 Players and DM for 4e

PhilFischer
March 31st, 2010, 05:57
Howdy, I'm hoping to put together a short notice 4e one-shot adventure this Thursday Evening at 6:30PM PST. If that time doesn't work we will reshoot for Tuesday April 6th at 6:30PM PST.

Purpose: I'm new to FG2 and am interested in seeing how a 4e Adventure is done correctly using FG2. So I need a DM who has a decent amount of experience with the tool, preferably one that has an adventure ready to go (may have run it before) with (pregen) characters.

Please PM me for applications. In general looking for mature players (not based on age, but personality).

I myself and my 26 year old son will be players currently. We are open to roles, so state what type of role you would prefer in PM.

-Phil

Dagnalis
March 31st, 2010, 06:26
I'm interested in playing as a player. I'm probably up to play some sort of striker maybe an avenger or i'd play a leader type and im free both dates if necessary.

PhilFischer
March 31st, 2010, 14:27
Great, sounds good. If the DM has characters pre-gen you can take the striker.

We still don't have a DM, module or level of characters to use.

marcus_egan
March 31st, 2010, 15:52
I humbly and respectfully submit that the chances of finding a DM to run a game at a specific time and within a few days, at random, is remarkably small.

PhilFischer
March 31st, 2010, 19:44
I humbly and respectfully submit that the chances of finding a DM to run a game at a specific time and within a few days, at random, is remarkably small.

I see. Well I had no idea but will remain optimistic for the moment. Perhaps later if no one shows. Thought there was more activity than that.

Czarisyn
April 1st, 2010, 12:36
6:30pm PST is what in EST, 9:30 or so?

PhilFischer
April 1st, 2010, 16:47
yes it is 9:30pm. Figured for 3 hours, maybe less but it appears we will not have a DM for tonight unless one pops up in the next few hours so I am hoping for Tuesday evening.

How does 9:30pm EST sound to you?

Czarisyn
April 1st, 2010, 17:16
I can DM a 4e one shot at 9:30pm EST

Belsay
April 1st, 2010, 18:33
Phil - I sent you a PM yesterday that I could DM, if you wanted. Did you get it?

Anyway, if Czar doesn't mind being the DM, then I would love to play. I haven't been a player in a long time.

SGRaaize
April 1st, 2010, 21:32
Is there a problem if I join too?
I'd like to have a One-Shot for the same reasons as you, considering I never played FG before, altough my case may be a little more extreme
I also need to get waters testing for a possible GURPS game
And I can play at that timezone today/tomorrow

Czarisyn
April 1st, 2010, 22:33
If Belsay asked first, then that's all good for me. Just let me know what's going on.

marcus_egan
April 1st, 2010, 23:42
that's cool you guys found someone. I stand corrected, gratefully.

PhilFischer
April 1st, 2010, 23:59
Great, we have a DM Czarisyn. We need to hear from him hopefully in the next hour and a half.

We also have a backup in Belsay who could have his scenario up by 5:30pm PST. He has 10 pregen characters to choose from. It is a Lvl 1 Chaos Scar scenario ready to go.

So players that are currently set, and will receive info are:

DM Czarisyn (or DM Belsay)

5 or 6 Players
1: PhilFischer
2: PaulFischer
3: Dagnalis
4: Belsay
5: SGRaaize

SGRaaize
April 2nd, 2010, 00:00
Thanks for letting me join
Hopefully, all will go well

Czarisyn
April 2nd, 2010, 00:05
I'll start getting the pre-generated characters in place now.

I'll send my IP address as a PM

SGRaaize
April 2nd, 2010, 00:10
Well, then, two more hours, let's hope this goes well

PhilFischer
April 2nd, 2010, 00:14
Excellent we have a game. Czarisyn is sending out info and loading/creating pregens.

I have never tried this so I'm excited. I hope to connect as soon as server is up (around 6PM PST / 9PM EST I believe).

SGRaaize
April 2nd, 2010, 00:15
I heard the connecting times can go slowwwwwwwwwww
I heard one guy took 30 minutes to get there
Hope that doesn't happen with me

Paul Fischer
April 2nd, 2010, 00:26
I love Pen and Paper and have played for over 14 years, I don't really like MMORPG's and can't wait to try FGII (4e), it should be a blast.

PhilFischer
April 2nd, 2010, 00:53
Should we give Skype a try? I would like to if possible.

SGRaaize
April 2nd, 2010, 00:56
I have no Mic, so I won't be able to join you guys on Skype
Hope that's not very important to the game

Belsay
April 2nd, 2010, 00:59
I have skype. Connect to Belsaytot. It won't be up until almost game time.

SGRaaize
April 2nd, 2010, 01:00
I'l connect to it, But I have no Mic
(This assuming I can even join Skype without mic :P)

PhilFischer
April 2nd, 2010, 01:11
you can connect and listen. that should help if Czar has a mic.

I'm north.bend.phil on skype.

Czarisyn
April 2nd, 2010, 01:15
skratch1320 on skype

PhilFischer
April 2nd, 2010, 05:12
Thanks Czarisyn for a great intro to 4e on FG2!!

Even Belsay, usually a DM enjoyed getting to be a player and was the star of the show as a Wizard (usually controller) Mass Striker!!

We all enjoyed a great experience using Skype for voice.

Czarisyn
April 2nd, 2010, 11:06
not a problem, I'm glad everyone enjoyed it
I wish I had enough energy to finish that small adventure, but being awake 20 hours gets to me like a ton of bricks

I'm not as young as I use to be where I'd play for 2 solid days straight.

SGRaaize
April 2nd, 2010, 14:49
I also couldn't finish the adventure, but for different reasons
By the time I left, it was 5:10 AM here, :P
Still had a lot of fun, and the tool is very well made :)

Paul Fischer
April 4th, 2010, 10:33
I wonder if everyone would like to schedule a date to finish the adventure that works with timezones and schedules, it would be cool to see what happens to the four companions as they attempt delve deeper into the den of darkness.