PDA

View Full Version : Starting up

krazydave
March 30th, 2010, 14:21
my (large) group of players and i are now ready to get the ball rolling.

that said, i need a little more info on the purchasing of the licenses. in order to get the most bang for our buck, we are planning on buying everything at one time so we can take advantage of the discounted pricing. so if everyone gives me money and i buy everything at once, how will they go about getting their licenses? is it going to send me a code for each one that i will pass out to each player?

thanks a lot for your help.

Sorontar
March 30th, 2010, 14:29
my (large) group of players and i are now ready to get the ball rolling.

that said, i need a little more info on the purchasing of the licenses. in order to get the most bang for our buck, we are planning on buying everything at one time so we can take advantage of the discounted pricing. so if everyone gives me money and i buy everything at once, how will they go about getting their licenses? is it going to send me a code for each one that i will pass out to each player?

thanks a lot for your help.

Yup you'll have an account of everything you purchased and the codes for the licenses. You then just distribute them.

NOTE:There used to be a box to tick to store your license details in the store but I am not sure if it now does that by default and you have to tick to not store them. Keep an eye out in the purchasing process for any questions and tick boxes.

Griogre
March 30th, 2010, 23:23
What I did when I switched over to FG was buy everything at once on a credit card to get the bundle price. I had a paypall account set up to take payments so I just told everyone to pay that account - I had warned them ahead of time - so at game time I just sent them the ID numbers and link to the download as paypal told me their payments hit. I allocaded a hour for this at the first session but we were all up and running in 15 minutes.

However, we were already an online group and more importantly I had a VOIP server up so everyone could talk to each other and deal with the confusions that came up as FG was installed and then help out with connection issues. I had also had a few of my players connect earlier with the demo when we were trying things out earlier so those players were able to help the others too. I would suggest having a Voice server up will help quite a bit.