PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Group Afternoon 3.5 E

ButtatakiBuddha
March 30th, 2010, 02:39
I'm looking to be a player in a 3.5 edition campaign. I'm more familier with a generic campaign setting, but I'm willing to try new settings. Would like to meet on Wednesdays 8:00-11:00 GMT, However this is negotiable. Requesting GM.

Kaloth
March 30th, 2010, 02:42
I suppose I'm in if you are, seeing as how I know you IRL and all. (It's technically 3-6pm GMT -5 for all you who care to know the time's we are talking about) We have a lot of free time so we can probably switch it around to fit a better schedule. Seeing as how we both are new to FG we would like to not DM at the moment.

ButtatakiBuddha
March 30th, 2010, 15:29
I made a mistake. it is 3-6 pm and we are GMT -5, but I forgot DST, so it is actually 9-12 pm GMT. But I also remember that I can bring a laptop to class, so anytime is okay with me.

Killian
April 1st, 2010, 15:08
Hey guys just throwing my name in at the moment. I played about 2-3 years ago on here but real life committments got in the way, plus I was a european playing american time zones my co-workers mistook me for a zombie about a month in!

I play a regular sunday D&D 3.5 game in real life so have kept my hand in. Currently I have wednesdays totally free and the time zone is thankfully on this side of the pond so this sounds absolutely perfect. I am just re-installing FG and taking a look around but if things havn't changed too much I should be able to help out a few of the newer FG people. Looking for room as a player

Kaloth
April 5th, 2010, 11:59
I believe that I can DM if I am needed to, I have a very vague Idea for a campaign if anyone cares, also I'll probably have Buttataki help me out some.

Heres the Idea: There is a group comprised of good evil and neutral characters in the astral plane that work together, for whatever reason, to keep the planes from corrupting each other. They use an ancient network of "warp points" which exist throughout all of the planes to travel between and across the planes. There's a few more details but I haven't quite worked them out yet.

Another point I'm still very new to FG so my DMing skills might be very very poor at first. Also I think we might try to use skype for some of the talking at least.

Kaloth
April 5th, 2010, 17:30
Ok here is a bit more detailed of an explanation of my homebrew setting (which I only have 2 pages of notes for so far, I'll try to establish it better before we begin play):

Basic premise, the planes are all interconnected by nexus points which a select few people can manipulate to travel to any nexus point in the multiverse unaided. Anyone can travel through these points if a powerful spellcaster opens them to allow others through (however this is a minor digression). Long ago one of the evil gods (not sure which one, if I'm going with the standard pantheon) declared war on his counterpart in the good gods. A great war waged across the planes and eventually all of the gods and their minions were pulled into the great conflict. Finally a truce was declared between the factions. This led to the creation of a great fortress on the astral plane, called the Hub. The Hub is populated by an elite group of heroes, all of whom come from many planes and can access the nexus points on their own. There are three main factions, the good, evil and neutral, though many factions (to each god and philosophy) exist within these. Despite their differences good and evil characters in this group can work together (Divine casters do not lose spells for working with evil/good, as long as they work towards their god's goals in the Hub.) The evil gods typically see the guild as a means to access the immense power that the Hub, and the Nexus Points, contain, while the good gods want to use that power to protect everyone within all planes. The gods of neutrality, however, know that the nexus points represent a threat to existence itself, that if all of the planes flow together too much, the multiverse might descend into the chaos that it was created from.

So basically you'll be a mix matched party of adventurers who travel across the different planes doing miscellaneous tasks for the Hub. It'll get more detailed (also put into a word file so I can send it to you all) as I put more thought into it. The books I'm going to allow are the PHB, Expanded Psionics Handbook, and the Planar handbook. I also will allow the trait/flaw and flawfeat system from the Unearthed Arcana. I will probably allow feats and spells (maybe a prestige class or two) from other sources, however they won't be mandatory. I can help anyone who does not have any of the books you might need or want.

Oh I almost forgot, you can use anything from those books ((excluding unearthed arcana stuff)) (races/classes). Just be clear on what book everything is from (as well as state if you're using the planar variant of a core class at character creation)

Kaloth
April 5th, 2010, 22:25
Triple post ftw, however I have posted it on the calendar. Planescape (3.5 Homebrew)

ButtatakiBuddha
April 6th, 2010, 00:06
I'll post so you don't feel so lonely. Stat, I know your reading this. check your PM.

ButtatakiBuddha
April 6th, 2010, 00:34
you too SGRaaize

xaotik1
April 21st, 2010, 22:29
Still playing this game? If so, give me a holler and I'll whip up a sheet for ya if there's room for more.

ButtatakiBuddha
April 22nd, 2010, 12:57
We are a bit full at the moment, but we haven't started yet so we are not sure if this will work with everyone's schedule. We can put you on a waiting list if you want and we can let you know later if we have room. Oh, and one last thing, NERD. jk

lewlew1985
April 25th, 2010, 16:24
I'd love to join too if you have room!

Kaloth
April 27th, 2010, 04:18
We're full up at the moment, but if a player has to drop out for some reason I'll let you know.