PDA

View Full Version : GM trying to run something different

+++++
March 28th, 2010, 19:33
Has anyone had their fill of 3.5 and 4th? I know I have and I would love to run something that has nothing to do with D&D. Id' be happy to run any of the following games:

Ars Magica
Dark Heresy
GURPS
WoD
RIFTS
Shadow Run
Warhammer Fantasy
L5R*

*I know there is no L5R module for FG (that I know of) but all you really need are virtual dice, chat and honest players.

If there's something else a few people are interested in, let me know. You can run any game with FG just by using dice, chat and having physical character sheets.

If you haven't heard of some of the above games, Wikipedia them. They're all very different and very fun. I have PDFs of EVERY book for EVERY above game, so don't think you have to run out and buy anything.

Reply here or PM me if you're interested. I'd like to get four to five players for pretty much every game, Ars Magica and L5R can be done with three.

I can play the following times, all PST:
Friday: Anytime to ~9PM
Sat: Anytime to Anytime
Sun: Noon to Anytime
Weekdays: ~9:30PM to Anytime (Night Game)

Let's get a non-D&D game going!

Mask_of_winter
March 28th, 2010, 21:15
I'm running some Savage Worlds bi-weekly on Saturdays. Currently we play Realms of Cthulhu but we'll switch to different settings. Deadlands Reloaded, Zombie Run and a home brew In Nomine. We currently have 4 players and you're welcomed to be the fifth. And if you really insist on running a game I'm willing to alternate with you. I know I'd like to play Dark Heresy.

+++++
March 28th, 2010, 21:19
I'd be interested in playing on a compatible day. I like to run but I'm not adverse to playing. Games that use maps are not something I'm big on, running wise. Hence my bias towards non-D&D games.

Thank you for your offer/interest. :]

GunnarGreybeard
March 28th, 2010, 21:39
Has anyone had their fill of 3.5 and 4th? I know I have and I would love to run something that has nothing to do with D&D. I have never been able to really get into any version of D&D since AD&D and I haven't really played anything for about 20 years now. I used to run a homebrew using D&D PC's and magic system with Rolemaster for combat and Harn for the world. That being said I am seriously considering trying to get into Rolemaster for the complete system and with Harn as the setting. I prefer low magic worlds (like Harn) so my aim is to limit magic to being something extremely rare. Now I just have to relearn Rolemaster and get practice using the ruleset for FGII. Since it has been so long I would really be starting form scratch so the time to get up to speed might not be for some time. :(

+++++
March 28th, 2010, 21:44
I quite like Harn although I'm not fluent in Rolemaster either.

I'm fond of low magic games as well, or where magic is highly valued and wondrous, like L5R.

marcus_egan
March 28th, 2010, 23:13
I'm a willing and motivated player for GURPS. I am down to play in almost any setting.

I haven't heard of Savage Worlds, would you be interested in another player Winter?

I'm also down to get into Warhammer Fantasy...

Mask_of_winter
March 28th, 2010, 23:43
I haven't heard of Savage Worlds, would you be interested in another player Winter?

SW is a very easy system to pick up. If you know about WoD, well, SW is just as basic and is geared toward roleplaying and fast paced action. And yes, if you're free on Saturday afternoons (1pm-4pm EST), have an open mind and like to have fun we'd like to have you.

marcus_egan
March 28th, 2010, 23:48
good deal. I'll pick up a basic rulebook asap and get back to you.

Belizan
March 28th, 2010, 23:54
I'd love to play in a L5R or Ars Magica game. WFRP or Shadowrun could be fun as well, if you decide to run any of those +++++. Not familiar with the new WoD rules, but that might be fun too 8). I hope you decide to run one of them 8). Particularly L5R or Ars Magica ;).

Sundays are particularly good for me. Monday, Wednesday or Thursday nights after 9:30 could work for me as well 8).

BruntFCA
March 29th, 2010, 00:43
I'd vote for Dark Heresy. How can you not want to play a class called "scum", and take feats like Paranoia.

I've you've not seen the DH book, check it out, it's a work of art. Great buy even if you just have a passing interest in WH40K.

+++++
March 29th, 2010, 01:39
I have a huge bias towards L5R, it's in my top 3 favorite systems but it's not for everyone. I'd be perfectly happy with DH, it's a bit easier to get into for new players.

Once I see 3-4 people wanting the same thing I will shoot out some PMs. Thanks for all the great feedback so far, really lifting my spirits.

Xitan
March 29th, 2010, 02:20
I'm down for something different, Dark Heresy sounds like a blast.

marcus_egan
March 29th, 2010, 02:24
just checked out DH, that looks cool. I really dig the warhammer DOW PC game.

I'm up for that.

+++++
March 29th, 2010, 02:26
It's a good system, I'm a big fan of games using d10s for no real reason. Been playing Warhammer for about 5 years, the setting is very versatile.

Xitan
March 29th, 2010, 02:30
All the PC games sold me on he 40k setting for sure, I've been hoping I'd bump into a RPG group for a while now (here's hoping we might get a chance to have some fun with it).

+++++
March 29th, 2010, 02:41
So looks like a lot of votes for DH. When are you guys available?

marcus_egan
March 29th, 2010, 03:26
cool. I'm currently unemployed but I'm starting a contract at Valve starting in a little over a month. My preference would be for weekends as my work schedule will be crazy.

I still have to wait for a check to come in to buy FS and some rulebooks. I'll see if I can track DH down used somewhere.

looking forward to it.

+++++
March 29th, 2010, 04:26
I do have somewhat firm times I can play, jobs and college are working me over. My job is fairly annoying with times I'm given so having a backup day would be so nice but if not I can come up with 1v1 sessions over the course of a week to let people feel like a hero and flesh their character out a bit more, so not the end of the world.

Xitan
March 29th, 2010, 18:38
I'm pretty flexible at the moment schedule wise. I'd prefer not fridays, beyond that I'm good.

grimm182
March 29th, 2010, 21:25
If there is still room...
I would be interested in a DH or Warhammer game, my game times are pretty much 7:00-11pm eastern on all nights but Fri and Sat.

+++++
March 29th, 2010, 21:29
Right now it looks like were shooting for Sunday as that's agreeable to three people. I prefer four person games so we do have a spot, although I'm not sure on time yet so if you can ONLY play 7-11 (What's that 5-8 PST?) it may be a problem.

grimm182
March 29th, 2010, 22:21
Actually Sunday is the exception to that rule. Sounds like this might work out after all.

+++++
March 29th, 2010, 22:24
Alright that gives us four and a possible fifth, I'd like five at the most. If someone else is still interested, please feel free to post, people back out and things happen.

I will send out a PM sometime today to you guys with some info etc. so look for that and to nail down an actual time.

Talen
March 30th, 2010, 14:21
If you are set on Sundays and a space opens, a campaign I was in just ended and Sundays at pretty much anytime are ideal. I have yet to read through the DH book, but I'm familiar with the setting from the miniatures line. Let me know if you need anything from me. Thanks.

marcus_egan
March 31st, 2010, 16:02
Mask of Winter,

I think I may have over-committed my time with my excitement upon discovering this FG site. I'm going to participate in this Dark Heresy game and focus on trying to get my own GURPS game up and running. I think that is a more realistic approximation of my schedule.

SW looks cool though, appreciate the tip on that.

Mask_of_winter
March 31st, 2010, 21:33
No problem, happy gaming!

+++++
April 8th, 2010, 00:28
Grimm your inbox is full, delete some stuff please.