March 26th, 2010, 04:28
Gets some Fun with the drunk effect like Drunk; GRANTCA; def: -2; atk -2
Your Dwarf player will ENJOY!:)

Robbo
March 26th, 2010, 16:20
This is great! Thank you!

dm-crazy
March 26th, 2010, 17:38
Well i get some difcult to creat that in the begin, but when smitworks creat a library about 4e ruleset i`m a professional now! :rv:

dm-crazy
March 27th, 2010, 18:50
HAHA i used the drunk effect in dwarf with +2 ac! :P

dm-crazy
March 29th, 2010, 19:58
I promise i will create a video tutorial about effects and modfiers!:p

dm-crazy
March 31st, 2010, 10:28
23xz41hUmUc
Video tutorial about effects! Enjoy:p

BruntFCA
April 1st, 2010, 23:37
Hi,

Thanks for posting the screenshot. Is there any reason why these are not already included in the 4e ruleset? It seems kind of ridiculous to download the ruleset, then have to type basic rules modifiers in.

Surely a bunch of modifiers does not come under some obscure IP restriction, or does it!?

If it does, maybe its something else the parser could do for people with a DDI account.

EugeneZ
April 2nd, 2010, 00:03
Well, part of the reason, I would think, is that people use modifiers in different ways. As has been discussed many times before, people like varying amounts of automation in their games and the pattern so far has been that the "default" state of FG2 is for less automation, at least in areas where user knowledge is required.

BruntFCA
April 2nd, 2010, 14:10
I'm in favour of less automation as the default. Nobody is forcing new users to use the effects, however forcing people to type them all in hardly endears people to the 4e ruleset.

If it was not for this post, I doubt I'd ever even know how this works. The 4e documentation mentions "dragging effects", but there are no effects in the rules as shipped? Moreover, working out the syntax, when there's nothing about it in the 4e documentation endears people even less to the ruleset. This is a real shame since the functionality is pretty cool once you get it to work.

dm-crazy
April 2nd, 2010, 14:12
thats why i created that post to help FG community! :):D

Moon Wizard
April 2nd, 2010, 18:25
Please check out the reference in the 4E manual.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide4E/ref_effects_4E.xcp

I also recommend only using as much of the features that work for your game. If you were around a game table, you would have to remember all the modifiers and figure them out on the fly anyway. This feature just allows you to automate some of that work, if you spend the time to set up and understand in advance.

Also, note that the effects supported do not provide 100% coverage for all possible effects in the game. I built the system to handle 95% of the effects from the core rule books.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, and I'll provide any information I have.

Cheers,
JPG

dm-crazy
April 2nd, 2010, 18:44
ty for support moon-moon! :)

Tenian
April 5th, 2010, 17:20
It was pretty trivial to go through the listed conditions and build this.

It has each condition for each expiration.

The board does not allow direct posting of modules so you'll have to unzip it and put the result in your module directory.

Zeus
April 5th, 2010, 21:36
Very useful. :) Thanks Tenian.

As the Effects window doesn't support tabbed categories am I right in thinking this will merge the modules effects with the current campaign's?

Tenian
April 5th, 2010, 21:43
Yes they merge right in. If it accepted categories I would have broken them out by expiration.

Zeus
April 5th, 2010, 22:50
One to look at after NPCs. :)

dm-crazy
April 7th, 2010, 21:57
Wow ty for module! :)

dm-crazy
April 8th, 2010, 23:01
Well, if some one want to create new one! :)

Slyxen
April 20th, 2010, 23:56
It was pretty trivial to go through the listed conditions and build this.

It has each condition for each expiration.

The board does not allow direct posting of modules so you'll have to unzip it and put the result in your module directory.

As I am at work right now and can't test this, does this include the modifiers, or just the effects?

Thanks!

Stitched
August 29th, 2010, 00:43
That Extension didn't work for me in 2.7.2

I can see it in the Modules list and there is an entry in the Library. Clicking on it doesn't show anything, however, and the Effects and Modifiers tabs are empty.

Does it rely on other extensions/modules to work?

Zeus
August 29th, 2010, 09:08
Stitched. This is a module, not an extension.

An extension augments or adds functionality to a ruleset. Modules on the other hand are a convenient container for making data (from a campaign or rulebook source) portable.

In this case, the 4E Effects module simply adds all the standard Effect/Conditions to the Effects window in the campaign, nothing is listed in the Library aside from the module itself.

I just tested it under 2.7.2 and I too am unable to see the Effects in the Effects window, somethings broken.

Not sure though if its the ruleset or the module, need to do some more investigation. As the module worked fine in 2.6.5 I suspect a ruleset update is whats causing it not to work in 2.7.2.

Stitched
August 29th, 2010, 10:27
You caught me in semantics, but it's still broken. :)

Moon Wizard
August 31st, 2010, 20:04
It's related to the windowlist behavior changes between rulesets marked for compatibility between 2.0 and 2.4+. Basically, windowlists prior to 2.4 used data from all modules at all times, which creates a problem for lists within lists (i.e. power lists for NPCs, etc.) Now, there is an option to determine whether lists are local (only immediate data) or global (use all modules too).

I'm going to add the <useallmodules /> flag to the campaign effects and modifiers lists, which addresses the issue.

Cheers,
JPG

Fot5
September 19th, 2010, 16:39
This fix doesn't work for me. I am unable to output modules that contain modifiers. Is there an option that I need to specify to make that happen, or is this an ongoing limitation to what can be exported by FGII?

Griogre
September 20th, 2010, 09:24
Are you using a version of the beta 2.7? I'm pretty sure the fix is in there.

Kingfish
October 21st, 2010, 00:02
I know I am again draggin sumthin old up but...is there anything kinda like this for the d20_jpg ruleset? Just looking for something to get me 'kick-started'.

Thanks,
K

Doc_Waldo
December 2nd, 2010, 06:55
Did this ever get up and running, I have not been able to get it to work, but I want to make sure it isn't just me.

Just to clarify, this mod goes into the mod folder? Correct.

**Never mind I just got it to work, very, very nice.