PDA

View Full Version : Updated manuals

Moon Wizard
March 24th, 2010, 04:31
The manuals on the web site have been updated. There are now separate manuals for the 3.5E and 4E rulesets, with lots of new material to expand on the various features of both rulesets.

If you use the 3.5E or 4E rulesets, then please read over the manuals to learn more about how FG works with these rulesets.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/library/

Cheers,
JPG

GunnarGreybeard
March 24th, 2010, 14:48
Excellent! and just in time as I just figured out how to scrape the 4E stuff from my DDI account and actually get it to show up in my FG library. :D

Just another item that reinforces the correctness of my decision to go with FG as my VTT of choice.

dm-crazy
March 25th, 2010, 13:55
Ty man! :)

BruntFCA
April 2nd, 2010, 12:53
Thats great, thanks for posting. One essential thing missing from the 4e section though is information about "effect syntax". Also what are the "reserved words", as it were for setting up the strings. For example.

Artful Dodger; AC:+5 (ends on turn)

I set this up on my rogue so that she gets +5 AC against Opportunity attacks. However I've seen the phrase "Combat Advantage" used, but also CA (in caps), also GRANTCA.

Trying to work out what combination of words may or may not be used by the system etc is a hassle. There should just be a simple list, something like

<Your tag> ; <reserved word?> : [+|-] <number>

Also there needs to be a better explanation of the "one", "all". I think I worked it out that "one" means only the PC that "applied" it gets the advantage? For example, "Opportunity Knocks", gives CA to my rogue if an NPC makes an Opportunity attack against my rogue. So I set this to "one"; I don't know I'm guessing.

I hope then that when I do an Area attack, I get CA against for example the one
that I provoked, but not the other one. Moreover, only my character gets the CA and no one else.

This seems to be a very cool feature. However, all this needs a lot more explanation than is in the document.

Tenian
April 2nd, 2010, 15:04
You mean like the
Label
Label:Conditions
Label:Modifiers
and Label:Special Tags
that you can find in the documentation under:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide4E/ref_effects_4E.xcp