PDA

View Full Version : Turn Hilight On Map

lokibee
March 22nd, 2010, 17:40
I have read the docs and see nothing on this. I need to make the hilight ring around the token that comes up when its that person or npc's turn larger.
I play in a few games and its different size in each so how do I get it larger/smaller as a gm?

TR0LL
March 22nd, 2010, 22:09
using the combat tracker, at the bottom left, there is a downward facing arrow, if you click it, it will make a flag next to the person with the highest initiative, and when clicked again will move to the next lowest and so forth. this will highlight the player/nps who's turn it currently is. if you want to move out of initiative order, drag the flag to a player/npc.

https://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu64/LumberingTroll/RPG/Stuff/Iniatiateive.jpg

Also note this is for 4E, I noticed you did not specify a ruleset.

Edit: also just noticed your question was to how to change the size, sorry. I think that is a ruleset specific variable.

lokibee
March 22nd, 2010, 22:12
yep yep now if you notice in the screenshot above the token the arrow points at there is a white highlight around the token. I need to make that bigger

TR0LL
March 22nd, 2010, 22:14
Ya, I think its set in the ruleset itself, and not something that is adjustable.

Foen
March 22nd, 2010, 22:50
I don't think it can be changed in a ruleset either: you say you have seen it bigger in other rulesets, can you point me to an example?

lokibee
March 22nd, 2010, 23:22
not even in different ruleset it was in 4e Kalan's game

Foen
March 22nd, 2010, 23:32
It might have been to do with the amount of zoom, and/or the size of the token. I'm not aware that it can be deliberately changed by the GM, so a screenshot would be great to see.

madman
March 22nd, 2010, 23:39
Round tokens seem to make the highlight hard to see.
if you use 3d top down tokens the highlight is much easier to see.

Chris

joshuha
March 22nd, 2010, 23:42
I think you might be able to modify one of the underlay image files but I haven't messed around with this aspect in awhile to verify that.

lokibee
March 22nd, 2010, 23:53
we'll try the top downs

lokibee
March 23rd, 2010, 00:10
just a thought here but could it be as simple as changing a picture file?

Kalan
March 23rd, 2010, 08:06
Now that I understand - I think it has more to do with the size of the minis one uses/zoom level of the map.

My maps are scaled to a 50px x 50px for a normal "square", and then I scale the minis in FG to fit that map. I also use Devin's awesome topdown minis in game.

If you're using anything else, then its just a manner of scaling the appropriate mini/token file to what you want to use. I think...my brain is so seriously fried from work I could just be talking out of a diff part of my anatomy...