PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 3.5E

Raznok193
March 21st, 2010, 02:03
was thinking about making a Final Fantasy 3.5 game

i havent really made any sort of story yet but i wanted to gauge interest to see how many people would actually want to play

for those who want to look at the rules and such heres the website that has everything:

https://ffd20.orgfree.com/phpBB2/index.php

ONLY look at the 3.5 stuff as im not gonna be running a 4.0 campaign

if you would be interested just post a reply and if i have enough people ill start working on a Campaign

for those who want to know possible days and times i was thinking a weekly game on Fridays as early as 2pm EST and as late as midnight EST

+++++
March 21st, 2010, 11:09
I'd be willing to play. Probably need some more specifics like would you want to do a straight RPG play through of a game, or kind of a Rifts thing where characters from different games team up against some BBEG, or a home brew which just glancing at the book seems to make room for.

Raznok193
March 21st, 2010, 20:02
its most likely going to be a home brew game but i havent really decided yet

i dont wanna start making a campaign then realize i dont have the people to play

Dagnalis
March 21st, 2010, 22:02
I'm interested in this but i'm only free at about 7:30 on fridays

Raznok193
March 22nd, 2010, 19:07
For those who are wondering i have decided that i would most likely hold this campaign on Fridays, the time of which i havent come up with, depending on people's schedules

if ur interested in play please let me know what times on friday's ur available and plz put them in EST

Dagnalis
March 22nd, 2010, 23:21
Im free anywhere from 7:30 EST onwards

Darkmind
March 23rd, 2010, 00:15
I'm free Fridays after 6-7pm, EST and would be interested

xaotik1
March 23rd, 2010, 04:13
Looks interesting to me, and I've got fridays free at the moment. Count me in if you end up deciding to run a game. I'm familiar with FG, and am open to playing just about any role the party may need.

Edit:
Forgot to add in that if you decide to run on any other day, that's fine too. My only restrictions are no Saturdays (dialysis scheduled for that day) and I can only do relatively early on Tuesdays since I have work and a game already set for 7pm central. Other than that, any weekday after 4pm central is fine.

nunocorreia
March 25th, 2010, 14:39
Men, i really enjoy FF, but i'm GTM +0...

VarnFury
March 26th, 2010, 06:16
I'd be interested in playing. I enjoy Final fantasy myself and use to play the online game. At the moment im free from 8:30 pm est onward do to my job, sometimes i stay later depending on who else is working. Latest i'll get out is 9:30pm. If you do run something, message me.

ButtatakiBuddha
March 31st, 2010, 01:01
I'd like to play. I have friday's completely off, except this friday (Anime Punch). Any time sounds nice, and the gameplay sounds fun too.

galebduhr
April 8th, 2010, 04:28
i love FF so i would like to play im free during the week (Est -5 i think) and most nights just send me a PM if you get this running.

Ksathra
April 8th, 2010, 05:32
Haha, Wow Reading this made me Hurt my face Smiling. Cant believe this exists but I guess I have to say its about time at the same time :P.

I'd play, though would not know what to play :P

I'm Free all Fridays that I need to be.

Totally should have poked the people that your playing with in other games.

CrimsonChampion
April 8th, 2010, 05:34
Brahms: Yo dude, I'd join too, sounds weird but fresh. Always liked the old school classes in ff.. After readin' some of them brings back old memories.

Xitan
April 8th, 2010, 18:37
I'd be willing to give it a go as well. It's at least different.

Raznok193
April 20th, 2010, 06:49
ok, after a long time and a lot of thought im gonna try this for a game or 2, and if it goes well ill keep it going

rather than doing this Friday im gonna be doing it Thursday, it works better for me, time wise im thinking more in the evening starting around 6pm EST, if not enough people can do then i can change the time, how long we play all depends on the day and people's schedule, when u let me know what time ur available plz post in EST, i dont like converting time

for the most part getting in will be first come first serve, though i might accept people i know over people i dont because of reliability issues, i would hate to have to cancel games due to people not showing up, it suks and it makes the other players have to wait another week to play, the plan is to have a total of 5 players, if need be i will go to with 4 or 6 people depending on how many people want to play, but i will not go more than 6 as i dont like games to get crowded

right now i do not have a solid story made up but i will start one and will have it up in time for everyone to get an understanding and make up a backstory if they want before the game

so everyone who wants to play plz post on this forum, im only going to use PMs to let people know they're in the game and to discuss backstories

also i will be using skype, it seems to work well with FG

ButtatakiBuddha
April 20th, 2010, 12:17
I'm in for thursday. It's actually better for me than friday. I don't have anything to do, and it's not the weekend so you don't have to worry about me not showing up. I have a Skype account as well, ButtatakiBuddha.

Raznok193
April 20th, 2010, 18:32
also, if u like, let me know which FF game was ur favorite, im trying to decide on which game's world map i should use, if i use one, so i might end up going with the most popular game

also i intend to use a lot of references from the games such as people, places, and things

ButtatakiBuddha
April 20th, 2010, 21:06
My favorite was FFX, of course I still haven't played FFVII yet.

Xitan
April 20th, 2010, 22:30
I'd be interested in playing as I previously posted. I'd vote for FFVII or the old FF3 (World of Ruin Version).

Raznok193
April 21st, 2010, 07:44
So far i have 4 people wanting to play, need 1 more for a good game to start, if we can get people by this Thursday night i might be able to put together a short little start for the game that we can play

for those who want to start making they're characters this will be the set up

Starting lvl = 4
Starting gold = 5,400gil
For ability scores roll 4d6, 6 times for each ability, drop the lowest die for each roll and add the top 3 for the number
all characters are to be a neutral or good alignment, no evil characters to start, but if the group decides to later do evil things its ok with me
no traits or flaws, dont wanna do that stuff

For those who need the link to the website again here it is
https://ffd20.orgfree.com/phpBB2/index.php

Story:
You live in the world of Bahemiah, a unique world with lots of wonders and unexplored lands. At the same time it is a very dangerous place with many vicious bloodthirsty creatures. You live on the continent of Fenrir, named after the Aeon that created the continent. It is a mountainous continent with tall peaks, vast plateaus, and deep valleys. Not much is known about the land's history other than its origin as most of the land's history is written on the walls of ruins filled with the most dangerous creatures.

Most people live on the plateaus of the continent to keep away from the dangers of the low valleys. There are 3 main cities, Lindblum, Treno, and Alexandria. Treno is a more traditional city, the people who live there tend to stay away from technological advancements and keep to an old style of living. It is known as the Trade city as it sits between the other 2 main cities Linblum and Alexandria.

Lindblum is known as the "City of the Sky" because of its tall buildings and constant airship flying in and out of the city. Its extremely high altitude also helps support its name. It is the most technologically advanced city of the three and it shows the moment you walk in the city. Almost everything in Lindblum has a piece of technology on it. It is all powered by the Aeon Eden, who sits deep inside the mountain that Lindblum stands on.

Alexandria is the most populated city of the three. It is a large city on the Northeastern part of the continent. It is well known for its Aeon, Alexander, who uses its power to sustain a barrier to protect the city. The City is ruled my King Lioden, a kind-hearted man who wishes only for the best for his land and its people. He has called all of you to his kingdom to meet with him personally, the intents of this summon have yet to be mentioned. You were told to come a day early and to stay at the Eden's Inn.

once i have enough people interested i will contact those in the game to discuss the characters further

Raznok193
April 22nd, 2010, 02:54
well i officially have 3 people in the game and 2 people who said they were interested that i sent PMs to, if ne one else is interested just post on the forums and ill put u on the standby list in case someone leaves or if i add another spot to the game

Also for feats, you can use either the ones in the FF books, or feats from the 3.5 Core books or the Complete books

another note, im not gonna be worrying about languages, for the most part everyone speaks the same language other than mages that use a magical language for spells

Raznok193
April 30th, 2010, 06:08
srry guys, things didnt go as planned today and i ended up being busy til about 5 mins ago when i got home, but next week things should be good to go and we'll be able to play

ButtatakiBuddha
May 1st, 2010, 16:14
no problem, things come up