PDA

View Full Version : what do i get?

krazydave
March 18th, 2010, 15:08
when you by the $150 package, what exactly do you get? it says:

Host an unlimited number of unregistered players

Host games for registered and unregistered players together.

does this mean that i don't have to ever buy player licenses for anyone i want to game with? what i mean is, by buying this package i could theoretically have as many people playing in my game without any of them dropping a dime on the software themselves, right?

if not, then what is the benefit of purchasing this package over another package?

if so, do the players still need to download the software somewhere so they have it on their own computer? what's the process for that?

thanks in advance!

cpbs
March 18th, 2010, 15:25
Yes, once you purchase the ultimate version, you can have unlimited amount of players join your server without having them pay a dime. All they will have to do, when downloading Fantasy Grounds, is I believe check a box in the installation that says they will be connecting to an Ultimate Licenses server, so they will not have to enter a product key.

Then they are free to connect with you being the only one having to pay.

I hope that answers your question :)

krazydave
March 18th, 2010, 16:04
that answered it perfectly!

krazydave
March 19th, 2010, 14:43
now that i think about, i need a little more info again...

i was talking to some friends and they are wondering specifically how it would work to have one ultimate client. if i buy it can i give it to all my friends? what do they do to get the software themselves as players?

johniba
March 19th, 2010, 14:51
Krazydave. You cannot share your registration info for the Ultimate License.

This is how it works: you are the one with a paid license which allows for others to connect to your game with the unlicensed, free client.

In order for them to be able to play at all, you need to be online and they must connect to you.

krazydave
March 19th, 2010, 14:57
Krazydave. You cannot share your registration info for the Ultimate License.

This is how it works: you are the one with a paid license which allows for others to connect to your game with the unlicensed, free client.

In order for them to be able to play at all, you need to be online and they must connect to you.

i see. so i would buy a client and they would just piggie back off of my client with a free one? so they won't have to download the game themselves at all? just a client?

cpbs
March 19th, 2010, 15:19
The download is the same for everyone, it just depends on what type of client product code you purchase, depends on the access you get with your download. So if you payed for the Ultimate license, you will need to download Fantasy Grounds, when asked you will insert your product key number then click install. Now you will own a an Utimate license to host, run and create different games for everyone to play. Now if anyone want to join your game they could either use their own license they have payed for, or they can download Fantasy Grounds and when they install it, they will check the box saying they are going to connect to an Ultimate license. This will allow them to connect to you without have to pay for a license.

peterb
March 19th, 2010, 15:59
i see. so i would buy a client and they would just piggie back off of my client with a free one? so they won't have to download the game themselves at all? just a client?

The Ultimate License is for a server that allows you to host games (being a GM) for an unlimited number of players (who don't need to buy a client license). It does not work like a pigy-back client that allow you to allow others to connect to any other GMs game.

ddavison
March 19th, 2010, 19:49
And only the ultimate license holder would be able to act as the GM for the games. If you expect the GM position to rotate within your group, you would be better served with multiple full licenses for those people and lite licenses for the others.