PDA

View Full Version : Avira Firewall.

adrick
March 18th, 2010, 12:14
Having trouble connecting properly.
I believe i have 1802-1803 set properly on the router. Test connection worked with soft firewall down.
But i am having trouble with Avira turned on it worked for a day or two and now the connection test is failing again. Avira's support is lackluster to say the least. Does anyone know how to set up the necessary port forwarding in the software?

Or second option what antivirus/firewall has anyone successfully been using with fantasy grounds :)

I am on win7, with fully updated FG2 ultimate.

Thanks

Griogre
March 18th, 2010, 21:59
The Windows Firewall would work. I use Symantec's firewall with their AV software.

ddavison
March 18th, 2010, 22:22
If it worked well for a day or two and then quit working, it is quite possible your port forwarding is no longer valid because your router has assigned you a new IP address. Most routers have an option to reserve an IP address for a specific machine or you could alternately set a fixed IP address for your system so that it doesn't change if you reboot later.

adrick
March 19th, 2010, 13:18
Thanks guys, i checked briefly before work and my ip is indeed set to dynamic instead of static, i'll sort that out this weekend and see if that fixes it.

I left norton because it was such a system hog, but it seems to have made several improvements according to current reviews, if it ends up being my software i'll consider norton again. .

adrick
March 20th, 2010, 15:36
so far so good, thanks again