PDA

View Full Version : Start button broke

Gryfen
March 17th, 2010, 17:28
I recently had a Hard drive issue that forced me to replace it... I saved the FG2 Folder (Thankfully) and managed to reinstall FG2. I copied the folder over to the new HD and tadaaa.. All my games are still there (Cant tell you how happy I was) BUT.... Now the start button is greyed out.. and non functional. I can still access my modules that I have made by double clicking them... but I cant create new modules.

I have run the "Connection Test" with Success. I have reinstalled FG2 again... with the files all in place.

I have connected with another Comp... and it works.

So basically everything works but the start button. any Ideas?

Thanks.

Tenian
March 17th, 2010, 18:10
Sounds like this?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11591

ddavison
March 17th, 2010, 18:43
I am wondering if this is a permission issue resulting from copying folders for one Windows user to a new user. Even with the same display name, Windows may treat the new user account as a different user. I would be curious to know if you can freely create new files in that directory and/or open, edit and save an existing file.

I helped a family member with an issue like that when they had to restore their user folder with all their photo albums after a crash. In that case they were present on the disk but not even visible. I ended up locating a command-line script to change the ownership to the new user account.

Gryfen
March 17th, 2010, 19:00
Tenian, ddavison, Thanks to both of you... It was the username, put my username in there... all better.

Not sure if I'm happy or depressed it was so easy... I'm happy its fixed... but depressed 'cause I look like a tool.

Anyway.. thanks again for your help and quick responses.