PDA

View Full Version : FG2 Demo & 4e?

PublicJohnDoe
March 16th, 2010, 17:28
Hi.

My group and I would be interested in buying licenses for FG2, but we only play D&D 4e, and the demo doesn't support it.

I've read here on the site that the 4e ruleset is loaded via an update of the program, but the demo doesn't support any kind of update.

Is there any way to test the 4e ruleset before buying? We do hate buying something "blindly"...

Doswelk
March 16th, 2010, 19:49
A nice 4e DM with an ultimate license can run a demo session for you..

I'm afraid I do not play 4e and do not have an Ultimate license.

gmkieran
March 17th, 2010, 16:48
Can't help with the demo - still saving for the Ultimate license, but can definitely vouch for the quality of the 4e rule-set. Haven't played anything else in the year and half I've been using FG and I love it.

ddavison
March 17th, 2010, 17:17
The demo should give you a good feel for the interface in general. There is much more automation built in to the 4E ruleset, but due to licensing restrictions, we are not able to package library modules with it like we were for the SRD with the D20 and 3.5 rulesets. We are working to obtain a license for 4E material but there are a lot of factors that need to be worked out for this to occur. Otherwise, you can build up your own libraries or key the data in manually.

Griogre
March 17th, 2010, 21:20
Also you need to understand the 4E ruleset just configures the character sheet, combat tracker and monsters to 4E. The core of FG is shown in the demo: a dice roller, battlemap with tokens, and text chat window.

If you have any specific question on how the demo is different from a licensed version using the 4E ruleset, then just ask.