PDA

View Full Version : scroll-wheel problem (4e)

rstreno
March 16th, 2010, 04:44
Hi guys -
first off, great job on the ruleset inclusion in FG. I have the latest version of the 4e ruleset (got through the Update feature on the launcher. I've now found that my scroll-wheel no longer seems to work in FG.

I can't use it to scale maps, nor can I use it to scale tokens. Additionally, I can't rotate tokens on the map. Scroll-wheel seems disabled overall for me.

I'm running FG under Windows 7 / 64 bit.

Any help would be much welcomed.

Thanks,
Rob

rstreno
March 16th, 2010, 04:46
Sorry for the quick reply to myself. Apparently, part of the issue was that I wasn't in full screen mode. Once I switched to full-screen, it started working again.

This was literally 5 seconds after I posted the message-- bloody typical.

Griogre
March 16th, 2010, 05:13
The scroll wheel should work when FG is windowed too. It sounds like maybe FG didn't have the focus when you were windowed?

adminwheel3
March 16th, 2010, 13:47
One of the other 'gotchas' to watch out for in Windows 7 is having it in full screen mode, but having the windows taskbar overlaying the bottom portion of the display. This too will keep you from using the scroll wheel.

I worked around that issue by running in Windowed mode, but having the window almost full-screen. That way I don't have to worry about alt-tabbing in the middle of combat.

gmkieran
March 16th, 2010, 21:42
I've encountered issues where the scroll-wheel functionality works in some aspects of my FG session, but not others. I.e. I can scroll maps, but not up and down a character sheet (or NPC), even after focusing on the sheet. Still using XP, so it's not the Win7 issue, but something seems off with the scroll function in the latest release.