PDA

View Full Version : Library Module Question

cpbs
March 16th, 2010, 02:11
I've searched and searched and I could not find the answer I am having trouble with. So I'll post here whats going on.

I am trying to create a library .mod file, add new races/classes/equipment, etc.

The problem that I am facing is that I think there might be something wrong with the packing and unpacking of the .mod file. I am using a copy of the original file of the "3.5E-basicrules.mod" file as my base of information.

This is what has happened so far. I unpacked the .mod file with winrar and edited some portion of it to see if it would work. After editing it, name changed it, I compressed it by right clicking and clicked compress. Then I changed the name to a .mod file and moved it to my module folder in FGII. It never showed up, so I looked and looked to see if something was wrong with my how i edit it, nothing I could see that was wrong. So I decided to see maybe, it could just be how I named it. So I unpacked another "3.5E-basicrules.mod", and just added the text of information to the client.xml file in the spaces I had in my other file and saved it with the same name as the original .mod file I was using.

Zipped it, changed it to a .mod file and still it would not show when I moved it to the module folder. So, just to cover all bases. I quickly unpacking a copy of the "3.5E-basicrules.mod" file and repacked it without changing anything, placing it back into the module folder and THAT didn't even show up FG.

Is there something I am doing wrong with unpacking the .mod file and then repacking it? :)

Thanks
cpbs

joshuha
March 16th, 2010, 02:32
When you are repacking it make sure you are only packing the contents and not the folder itself.

Griogre
March 16th, 2010, 02:36
You didn't say what ruleset this was for. If it is not for 3.5 then did you update the ruleset and name in the definition.xml file? If your directory layout is correct, I would say you didn't update the definition.xml file. If you did update the definition file, do the name attributes match *exactly* in the library db.xml and definition.xml?

cpbs
March 16th, 2010, 02:40
Thanks joshuha!

*slaps forehead* Thats it. I knew it was simple just couldn't get my head around it for some reason.

cpbs