PDA

View Full Version : Full license to Ultimate license Upgrade - $115

ddavison
March 15th, 2010, 05:08
I copied this to a separate post which I will sticky to make the option a little clearer.

If you are interested in the ultimate license and you already own a full license, please send an email to [email protected] with a copy of your full license key and a request for the Ultimate upgrade. We will deactivate your full license manually and give you the option of buying the ultimate for $115 instead of $150. Once we receive and verify your full license key, I will send you the link to purchase the Ultimate License Upgrade. Once the sell goes through, we will manually generate an ultimate license and email it to you for use with your re-install. Please expect a 24 hour turn-around for the ultimate license. We will not de-activate your full license immediately to ensure that you got everything up and running first.

-Doug

zWolf
March 31st, 2010, 19:34
this is awesome! did you get any takers I hope?

ddavison
March 31st, 2010, 21:08
Yes, there have been a handful or so.

CelineSSauve
April 14th, 2010, 16:23
Ooh. Just spotted this now. It's $5 more expensive than getting Ultimate (if you add $115 to the Full price) but that's if you'd paid full price. I got my full with a buddy way back when.

I will crunch the numbers and see. Thanks a million for the option though! Had no clue what I might do with both logins.

silvereagle72
August 13th, 2010, 22:15
Is this offer going on in perpetuity or was this a short time situation?

Moon Wizard
August 13th, 2010, 22:24
The upgrade option is still available.

Cheers,
JPG

malachi666
January 17th, 2011, 15:28
yeah, is this still available?

ddavison
January 17th, 2011, 16:32
Yes, it is still availabile. Just send an email to [email protected] with the Full license key you plan to use and then buy the upgrade from the store here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=SWK03-UPGRADE

Unlike a regular order, you will receive a confirmation immediately but it will NOT contain your new license key. For that, I will manually create your ULTIMATE license, link it to your order and email it to you within 24 hours.

BishopOmega
February 7th, 2011, 20:33
If I am just starting out, learning how to use FGII with intent to GM soon I hope, would this be worth while? I do not have alot of money but I'm sure others probably don't as well and allowing others to piggy back on this special version sounds nice.

Moon Wizard
February 7th, 2011, 21:05
BishopOmega,

I would recommend playing in a few games as well as reviewing the tutorials and manuals on the web site first. Once you are comfortable with the interface and the ruleset you want to play, it will make you feel more confident about your choice to purchase.

One of the things to remember with FG is that you can use as much or as little automation as you want for your games. (at least as much automation as the game system definition you are using allows).

Feel free to post questions on the boards, and either I or others will jump in to answer.

Welcome to Fantasy Grounds.

Cheers,
JPG

BishopOmega
February 8th, 2011, 22:19
Is there a place to get information about the Ultimate license. Like how would friends be able to hook up etc.

Would they just need to download the software and get your server data and thats it, their hooked up?

demonsbane
February 11th, 2011, 03:35
Yes, it is still availabile. (. . .)

Good to see this.

GPlowman
April 23rd, 2011, 18:29
I'm planning to upgrade to an ultimate license, so I'll send an email.

Barbicane
April 26th, 2011, 06:34
What can I do with Ultimate that I can't do with Full?

Moon Wizard
April 26th, 2011, 06:47
There are 4 licenses for FG.

Ultimate: Can host or play in games. Clients connecting to hosted game can be any license type.

Full: Can host or play in games. Clients connecting to hosted game must have a Lite, Full or Ultimate license.

Lite: Can only play in games hosted by Full or Ultimate licenses.

Unregistered (free): Can only play in games hosted by Ultimate licenses.

Regards,
JPG

Netjera
June 8th, 2011, 14:07
There are 4 licenses for FG.

Ultimate: Can host or play in games. Clients connecting to hosted game can be any license type.

Full: Can host or play in games. Clients connecting to hosted game must have a Lite, Full or Ultimate license.

Lite: Can only play in games hosted by Full or Ultimate licenses.

Unregistered (free): Can only play in games hosted by Ultimate licenses.

Regards,
JPG

So if one of my friends can't afford to get a license, they could download the demo and connect to my ultimate license? Or am I misunderstanding?

Leonal
June 8th, 2011, 14:13
So if one of my friends can't afford to get a license, they could download the demo and connect to my ultimate license? Or am I misunderstanding?

They would need to download the normal FG download and select "unregistered" (or something like that) when installing, not install the demo.

Netjera
June 8th, 2011, 16:28
They would need to download the normal FG download and select "unregistered" (or something like that) when installing, not install the demo.

Interesting. I might look into that somewhere down the road, if the offer isn't withdrawn.

Moon Wizard
June 8th, 2011, 21:03
We are also experimenting with removing the demo version, and allowing any lite/unregistered installation to host their own demos.

It's still in testing, and we need to convert the demo campaign yet; so it's not quite ready for prime time.

Cheers,
JPG

Valarian
June 8th, 2011, 22:00
Sounds like a good way to go. Removes the separate code stream and ensures the demo is current. I suppose it's not as simple as having the Create Campaign disabled (as normal with Lite licenses) and the Start Campaign only working for the one campaign file. I presume this would allow Full/Unregistered demos as well?

Moon Wizard
June 9th, 2011, 00:27
Actually, due to the way I had to implement in order to preserve licensing, you can only demo with The Lite/Unregistered license.

You could technically install the Unregistered version separately. (i.e. rename FantasyGrounds.exe from Ultimate version, and install unregistered version also, then name them however you want)

The nice thing about this version of the demo is that you can run a demo with any ruleset, and with any existing campaign. I plan to update the demo campaign to work with 3.5E and 4E, and the community could create demo campaigns for other systems also.

Regards,
JPG

dsherwen
October 20th, 2011, 17:06
How do non registered players go about connecting to my campaign with the ultimate license? Does my version provide them with all the player tools they need?

Dave S.

joeru
October 20th, 2011, 19:09
How do non registered players go about connecting to my campaign with the ultimate license? Does my version provide them with all the player tools they need?

Dave S.

They download the same client installer everyone else does at the download page (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/downloads/), and when given a choice of which license type to use, choose the Unregistered option.

Trenloe
October 20th, 2011, 20:18
Does my version provide them with all the player tools they need?

Yes, when connected with an unregistered client to an Ultimate licenced GM the player will get everything that lite and full licence users get.

XpressO
May 25th, 2012, 22:28
So I bought the Full to Ultimate upgrade today. Sent the Full key to support prior to purchasing. I got the order confirmation but no key yet? And it's been 13 hours already. What gives?

khersheyjr
May 25th, 2012, 23:20
"Please expect a 24 hour turn-around for the ultimate license."from start of thread

XpressO
May 25th, 2012, 23:48
"Please expect a 24 hour turn-around for the ultimate license."from start of thread

Heh. Missed that one :) I guess patience is a virtue then :P

Trenloe
May 25th, 2012, 23:56
Heh. Missed that one :) I guess patience is a virtue then :P
Hopefully you'll get it within 24 hours. Doug is away at a convention this weekend though...

Mohican
August 27th, 2012, 15:31
I have purchased such an upgrade, and did not receive my new license yet...
I just got a confusing email asking me to download an old version of FGII (2.72).

Blahness98
August 27th, 2012, 16:16
I have purchased such an upgrade, and did not receive my new license yet...
I just got a confusing email asking me to download an old version of FGII (2.72).

Send your full key to [email protected] and state you purchased your upgrade and include your FG account name to help Doug out. Like stated earlier in the thread, expect a 24 hour turn around time. You shouldn't have to download anything aside from the web installer and use the key you got/will get to unlock the ultimate license.

Mohican
August 28th, 2012, 02:30
Got the key, thanks Doug!

CrimsonCrust
December 27th, 2012, 22:27
Yeah I upgraded too. Hopefully in 24 hours I will have the key! Thanks guys.

-CrimsonCrust

Kontroar
April 19th, 2013, 07:22
What if we don't successfully receive emails from the fantasygrounds.com domain? Is there another way to upgrade from full to ultimate?

Leonal
April 19th, 2013, 12:06
What if we don't successfully receive emails from the fantasygrounds.com domain? Is there another way to upgrade from full to ultimate?

If your current email provider cannot receive emails from the domain I would create an online email account that can successfully receive it (e.g. gmail.com, outlook.com, yahoo.com).

Alternatively contact [email protected] (assuming you can send email to that domain) and ask if they can send it to you in a different manner.

Kontroar
April 20th, 2013, 09:14
Thanks for the reply. I did create a gmail account. However, I was able to start receiving emails after I added the correct domains.

For any that need to, add the following domains to your whitelist:

fantasygrounds.com
smiteworks.com

Hopefully, it helps. :)