PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a one shot game

David Fitzgerald
March 14th, 2010, 03:30
I'm Sooooo close to buying this product but I can't make heads or tails out of the "lite version." Is there anyone runnng a game I can play in to see if this is the right product to buy?

David

GunnarGreybeard
March 14th, 2010, 09:36
I'm Sooooo close to buying this product but I can't make heads or tails out of the "lite version." Is there anyone runnng a game I can play in to see if this is the right product to buy? I'm at the same place in the "buying in" process as you are although I am really considering the Full License or maybe even the Ultimate License. I am thinking of getting the Ultimate version in an effort to bring some friends on board and get them into online tabletop gaming.

Doswelk
March 14th, 2010, 13:11
Welcome David!

A couple of things that may help you get a response quicker...

You have not stated your time zone / country, so people know if they can help.

Also (and this may be a lesser problem) you have not stated a game system you want to try.

I run Savage Worlds from the UK, but most people are USA/D&D 3.5/4e these days.

David Fitzgerald
March 14th, 2010, 17:11
Doswelk...Yeah that makes sense. Probally D20 or CoC. Although since I'm just trying to get an idea I'm kinda system agnostic. I'm in the use PST.

It looks like I may be losing my D&D group in the near future (I'm possibly moving) and I would like to convert to online for at least part of my sessions. So I want to get a system I can use.

David

Griogre
March 14th, 2010, 17:31
Also if you have a specific question(s) about the lite version feel free to ask. It may take a few responses to get things set in your head but we should be able to help you. Once you get a basic idea, you may find it helpful to run the demo as a host and start a second instance of the demo and connect to the host as a player so you can see the differances.

As you just want to see how things work, if you already have the lite version you should might find it easier to ask to just observe an ongoing game. Most GM's don't care if you sit in and watch as long as you presence doesn't distrupt the game.