PDA

View Full Version : 4E Character sheet Macros

Jpasimio
March 12th, 2010, 03:59
New to FG. I could use a hand.

I'm trying to learn how to use the character sheet effectively. I've noticed that if you type in "Intelligence vs Reflex", FG finds the numbers and makes the roll for you. I'm trying to make a power work for damage... I have "1[W] + Intelligence modifier force damage" typed in. When I click it, a d6 rolls a "0" then adds 5.

Any ideas of where I've gone wrong?

Moon Wizard
March 12th, 2010, 06:09
In order for the [W] value to be resolved, the power needs to have the "Weapon" keyword, and you need to set up a weapon for the power. You can enter the weapon number at the top of the power page to set the default weapon for all weapon powers; or you can parse the power description using the radial menu option and set a specific weapon number for this power. You should use the weapon number from the Combat tab of the character sheet.

Cheers,
JPG

Jpasimio
March 12th, 2010, 21:33
Thanks for the quick reply. Very helpful.

Is there a way to set up multiple lines for seperate weapons?

For example, the rogue in the part wants to use "Deft Strike" and carries a dagger and a shortsword. Weapon 1 is set up as dagger, weapon 2 is shortsword. Default weapon is set to 1. Is there something that can be added to the macro to tell it to use weapon 2?

i.e.
Dagger 1[W] + Dexterity modifier vs. AC
Shortsword 1[W2] + Dexterity modifier vs. AC

Moon Wizard
March 13th, 2010, 01:02
Add another attack ability using the radial menu on the power. (Add Ability->Attack) Then, specify the same attack and damage information, just set the "Wpn" field to the other weapon you want to use.

Cheers,
JPG