PDA

View Full Version : Rolemaster weapons range

Shulkir
March 11th, 2010, 10:48
First, sorry about my bad english im from Spain... my question... how I can change the range modification for missile weapons when I create a new weapon?
I can change the bonus but i dont know how to change the distance range...
Thanks for all...

Veldehar
March 11th, 2010, 14:49
Okay so, if I understand correctly, you would like to change the ranges on the weapons? Say, a Long Bow with a Range of 500' instead of 400'?

Off the top of my head, and mind you I am not a guru on such things, I think you would have to do one of two things...

First, you could go into the Arms Law code and create your own weapon. Then you could set any differences you want. This hard codes your changes, and is probably the best solution in my mind.

Second, you could (possibly) dive into the adventure_weapons.xml file and make the ranges modifiable. Best thing here would be to make them adjustable by the GM only.

A third less attractive, and easy solution, is simply to note the differences in the text area of the weapon.

There could be something else, but those are what come to mind.

Veldehar

Shulkir
March 11th, 2010, 20:57
Ok, thanks, I did think it was more simply....

Veldehar
March 12th, 2010, 15:47
There might be a simpler way, but I don't think so. I hadn't really considered adjustable ranges, I will have to take a look at that in my own files and see what it looks like. If I happen to make an adventure_weapon.xml that does this I could probably send it to you without stepping on any toes.

Veldehar

Veldehar
March 13th, 2010, 14:58
This was pretty much a piece of cake, just a minute or two to change a couple things. I should have the weapon ranges adjustable by the GM only. All you would have to do is replace the adventure_weapons.xml file with the new one, and you could adjust ranges on weapons. Drop me an email if you are interested.

Veldehar

[email protected]