PDA

View Full Version : Regeneration in 4e ruleset

kmc
March 10th, 2010, 20:52
For many creatures in 4e, regeneration does not function if certain conditions are present. I am wondering if FG can recognize some of those conditions. A common one would be regeneration that does not function if the creature took radiant damage since the end of its last turn. If FG can recognize such conditions, is there a particular way the regeneration power needs to be written?

Moon Wizard
March 10th, 2010, 22:52
There are many special cases scattered throughout the 4E rules. Therefore, when building the 4E ruleset, I focused on implementing as much assistance into the ruleset as I could while keeping a timeline. As it was, it took almost a year to get all the pieces in place to get effects to where they are now.

I have come across this situation myself, and I basically turn off the regeneration for the creature and turn it back on when it's active again. It's not a very good workaround, but it works. Or I just manually apply some wounds quickly.

The most likely scenario is that I will build an option for effects that allows the GM to turn disable an effect until after the start of turn effects are processed for a creature. It's on the wish list.

Cheers,
JPG

kmc
March 11th, 2010, 03:15
Thanks again, you are very quick to answer questions. Just for the record the software if AWESOME and I'm not remotely disappointed by your answer. I just didn't want to miss out on the functionality if it existed.