PDA

View Full Version : New SW game - Monday Night 8 PM EST

kalmarjan
March 10th, 2010, 17:13
A new game is in the works for Monday nights, 8 PM EST [GMT -5 I think]

Here is the pitch:

The world has just suffered a cataclysm that released the trapped magic that drove technology. Mankind was almost completely destroyed. Those that survived live in a broken world. Technology is dead, replaced by the magic it once consumed. What’s left of humankind is changing.

We would be playing weekly, and with Skype. I would need someone to host the Skype.

Sessions will not be longer than 4 hours. (I gotta get my beauty sleep!)

WarLokk
March 10th, 2010, 17:40
Sounds fun. The times should work out as well. I am in CST, Mondays sound good. Can't wait to here more about the setting, as well as what additions to SW we are using.

rudedd
March 10th, 2010, 22:34
Sounds intriguing. I'm definitely interested in hearing more details.

I'm in EST and Monday's are open, so it's a possibility. I'll have to check with the better half about a weekly game, but it should be doable.

kalmarjan
March 10th, 2010, 22:51
Sounds fun. The times should work out as well. I am in CST, Mondays sound good. Can't wait to here more about the setting, as well as what additions to SW we are using.
For now I am going to concentrate on the Core SW:EX rules, until we get 'er going. Then we will add in things as we go.

WarLokk
March 11th, 2010, 17:31
Anymore details so I can start to get a character idea going. Been awhile since I played some SW and i've got the itch :D

longarms
March 18th, 2010, 00:46
I am in PST. If the start time ends up getting moved to be one hour later, or if it was acceptable for me to join late, I could play. The current start time conflicts with worktime by a little bit.

Drizzt06
March 18th, 2010, 06:25
Sounds cool haven't taken A dive into the SW world mainly play DnD but wouldn't mind giving it a go if your willing to work with a new players Mondays work well im -8 GMT but i have the whole day off and ill be able to grab thecore books pretty quick if needed let me know

kalmarjan
March 18th, 2010, 14:35
Sweet! Welcome Drizzt!

WarLokk
March 18th, 2010, 16:36
Grabbing the core book shouldn't be a problem. Its only $9.99 :D

mac40k
March 18th, 2010, 18:25
Okay, I'll bite. I'm a SWEX aficionado and currently have Monday evenings free. I'd be interested in a bit more info on the setting and what kind of character concepts you are interested in.

kalmarjan
March 18th, 2010, 22:34
I am going to have access to a wiki soon where you will all be able to see what is up. Details soon...

ohoh7
March 19th, 2010, 07:20
Any room for another player?

I've played SW now for about 2 years, and I'm looking for another game. I can host skype if needed.

Paul

kalmarjan
March 19th, 2010, 22:56
Sweet. All comers are welcome! I could use the help with getting a grip on the system. :)

Kalan
March 19th, 2010, 23:26
I am going to have access to a wiki soon where you will all be able to see what is up. Details soon...

Is this a not so subtle hint mate? ;)

kalmarjan
March 20th, 2010, 01:46
Is this a not so subtle hint mate? ;)
Depends, did it work? :D

Kalan
March 20th, 2010, 10:52
Depends, did it work? :D

Maybe...i'm drafting up a plan tonight which I'll send to ye ;)

lokibee
March 20th, 2010, 18:11
kalan you gonna play the mon night game?

kalmarjan
March 20th, 2010, 19:03
Yah Kalan, Puullleeaase? LOL. After your weekend, the wife might object furiously though! :p

Kalan
March 20th, 2010, 19:32
kalan you gonna play the mon night game?

LOL - I'd love to join in...but as it would be somethin like 2am my time...I don't think the wife would approve ;) Though if she heads to Australia again it could be possible ;)

But as kalmarjan pointed out - after this weeekend (in which I have three different games going), I think I would be shot if I picked up another one :)

That all said though - I am assisting kalmarjan with the development of the story you guys will be playing in (or at least i was...he may change his mind again)...so I hope you all will enjoy it ;)

lokibee
March 20th, 2010, 20:06
lol as a player in one of your weekend games I'll accept that but at some point we have to play on the same side of the gm screen :p

kalmarjan
March 21st, 2010, 17:18
I am going to set up an email list, so all those who are in on this game for tomorrow, please send me an email

Or PM.

First session (Character Creation plus start of play)

Monday March 22
8 PM EST
World Clock Converter
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?month=3&day=22&year=2010&hour=20&min=0&sec=0&p1=165&p2=0

Drizzt06
March 22nd, 2010, 05:46
bah....miss click XD

kalmarjan
March 27th, 2010, 07:01
The first game was a blast!

You can read the synopsis here:

Crossroads Episode 1: WTF Just Happened? (https://savageworldsonline.net/crossroads-episode-1-wtf-just-happened/)