PDA

View Full Version : Seeking group for 3.5 and potentially 4e for Forgotten Realms campaign

Dude
March 9th, 2010, 22:47
Hello,

I'm seeking a group of 4 or 5 people including myself (I'll DM, but willing to have others DM if they wish to).

Interested party members must be Mature, Respectful, Responsible & Dependable.
I ask to follow these 3 simple rules:

Be on time,
Be prepared,
Let the group know ahead of time if you can't make it.

I'm interested in a campaign with the following setting:

Mainly for 3.5, and potentially 4e if everyone agrees to it every now and then.
Forgotten Realms campaign setting
"PG Rated" theme (no-nonsense-overboard-gory-"pink mistified" violence)

Weekly or biweekly meeting on Friday/Saturday nights.
Depending on whether it's weekly or biweekly I'll propose shorter or longer adventures. I don't like too long adventures where players forget the goal. I prefer the short (1-3 session long) adventures that thread a long lived campaign.

I'll leave the Skype or VoIP option to the group

Interested people please post or private message me

Xcenocide
March 10th, 2010, 17:23
YES. YES. FINALLY. You can't possibly imagine how long I've looked for a 3.5 game that would run on fridays or saturdays. What timezone are you on? I'm over on GMT+2 but I don't have a problem staying up late on fridays/saturdays but I'd still rather not stay up until nine in the morning of my time, lol.

Also regarding voice chat, I'd rather not as I don't possess a microphone.

PzOwNeD
March 10th, 2010, 20:10
I'd be up for joining, and I could do Skype or TS.

Dude
March 11th, 2010, 01:25
YES. YES. FINALLY. You can't possibly imagine how long I've looked for a 3.5 game that would run on fridays or saturdays. What timezone are you on? I'm over on GMT+2 but I don't have a problem staying up late on fridays/saturdays but I'd still rather not stay up until nine in the morning of my time, lol.

Also regarding voice chat, I'd rather not as I don't possess a microphone.

Hehe, that's an energetic post.
I'm on GMT -7, ouch, 10 hour difference? I hope that doesn't sway you away.

Xcenocide
March 11th, 2010, 01:33
That depends entirely on how early you're willing to host the game. I'm willing to stay up until... hold on. *gets calculator* 10PM of your time.

Dude
March 11th, 2010, 03:39
That depends entirely on how early you're willing to host the game. I'm willing to stay up until... hold on. *gets calculator* 10PM of your time.

D'oh! that's the time I want to suggest to begin play :(
I really can't play any earlier than that on Fridays. Now if, the interested party is willing to play Saturday Morning then I guess that's a possibility for you? What is your time window of play?

Xcenocide
March 11th, 2010, 09:47
If it's on Saturday's then... Whenever, actually, assuming something horribly surprising doesn't come up and drag me away from the action.
Also it seems I miscalculated the time difference, lol. Horribly. I'm willing to stay up until -midnight- of your time on both fridays and saturdays. Saturdays might work better anyway though if we intend to get as much done in one session as possible.

alexeip
March 12th, 2010, 22:18
Hi guys.

I'm in Eastern Time (GMT -5, but we're about to spring ahead so that'll change things again). I'm definitely interested, but it'll be easiest for me in the evenings after 8:30 pm local (when the kids hit the sack); Dude, I guess that'd be after 6:30 your time then. I'm great at staying up late, so no worries with that. Just gotta sell the plan to the better half, if you know what I mean. :)

Drizzt06
March 16th, 2010, 11:40
Hey hey, finally an FR setting been looking for one of these for awhile, im at -8 GMT here and either days work perfect for me if i had to chose friday definitely, been playing DnD for awhile and im an abit FR fan. Im game for either or 3.5 or 4e havent played FR setting in 4e yet, but would love ot give it a run through.

alexeip
March 17th, 2010, 23:37
Hey hey, finally an FR setting been looking for one of these for awhile, im at -8 GMT here and either days work perfect for me if i had to chose friday definitely, been playing DnD for awhile and im an abit FR fan. Im game for either or 3.5 or 4e havent played FR setting in 4e yet, but would love ot give it a run through.

I've never played 4E at all. Heck, I don't even have the books; haven't looked at them. When I saw all the electronicizations that 4E was undertaking, I was a bit leery about it. So I'd greatly prefer 3.5, though if everyone else wants to do 4E, I can adjust and learn the differences.

:)

Xcenocide
March 18th, 2010, 00:46
Don't particularly enjoy 4E myself. ...well, not at all actually. I'd prefer going with 3.5E entirely.

Drizzt06
March 20th, 2010, 10:32
3.5 is game to better skill system anyways :), 4e skills get a little to basic sometimes :P

Xcenocide
March 21st, 2010, 17:31
So, um, anything happening with this thing or what..?

alexeip
March 21st, 2010, 21:19
I was just wondering that same thing. Haven't heard from Dude in a while.

So what kinds of characters do you guys prefer?

I tend to stay away from the pure fighting and pure spellcasting types. Rangers, rogues, druids, monks....I dig those. I've tended to favor human and elven (go figure), and good guys.

Seems like we've got 3 so far. Enough to get something started, I guess. If Dude ever returns.

GunbusterXL
March 21st, 2010, 23:55
I'd love to get in on this. I don't get to play D&D much at all anymore, which almost makes me want to cry. I prefer to be a PC, though I can DM as well sometimes. I'm pretty much to opposite of alexeip, as I prefer pure "niche" characters. I'm also fond of neutral characters. Lately, I been wanting to play a spellcaster. Fridays and Saturdays, I'm available pretty much all day/night.

alexeip
March 22nd, 2010, 00:35
I'd love to get in on this. I don't get to play D&D much at all anymore, which almost makes me want to cry. I prefer to be a PC, though I can DM as well sometimes. I'm pretty much to opposite of alexeip, as I prefer pure "niche" characters. I'm also fond of neutral characters. Lately, I been wanting to play a spellcaster. Fridays and Saturdays, I'm available pretty much all day/night.

You a Marine, Gunbuster? Pardon the assumption, but being a Navy guy I see Okinawa and think Marines. Ought to be moved out and over to Guam soon though, if I remember correctly.

GunbusterXL
April 2nd, 2010, 07:18
lol, yeah I am. We're not going to Guam anytime soon, though. People have been talking about that for years and years. But anyway, I'm all for some 3.5. E-mail me.

pOcHa
April 6th, 2010, 21:43
yet again there wasnt anything about timezones in the first post, so disregard the original message if you saw it before this edit, sorry...

Xithren
May 13th, 2010, 00:00
hey peoples i just wanted to know is this still a active thread, and if so yeah im all up for this if possible im GMT - 5h (live in Florida) and yeah id love to play a d&d 3.5e i hate 4.0 though it just seems to change everything, and not for the better i love the FR setting and im a 5 year d&d vet playing tabletop with friends played 4 characters from level 1 up to epic tier(level 30) and yeah... id love to get in on this ^.^ ill check here often and yeah i tend to have a preset type of character of a halfling magic-user/monk (i played ad&d before i got a hold of NWN 2 diamond) so yeah..... im guessing we have 5 people now (wewt)

Syneous
June 27th, 2010, 16:28
How many ppl do you guys have? If your looking for another Id like to join depending on the day/time.