PDA

View Full Version : A Twilight 2000 Alternative?

GunnarGreybeard
March 9th, 2010, 08:36
Having been out of the PnP RPG environment for a considerable amount of time I am not really sure what is currently out there that would an alternative to Twilight 2000.

Basically what I am looking for is a game system that can be used to cover the same time frame as T2K BUT has a FG2 Ruleset already fleshed out and up to speed. I really like T2K BUT would prefer some less complex.

I have heard that Savage Worlds would fit that bill.

Any feedback?

sondermann
March 9th, 2010, 12:38
Savage Worlds would defintely fit the bill. You might want to look into the Tour of Darkness (Vietnam War Horror) and the Weird Wars II setting (both from Pinnacle) for additional information.

Doswelk
March 9th, 2010, 13:39
The real power behind Savage worlds is that the system is simple, not basic or limited.

So far I have run:

Dark*Matter, fantasy, super heroes (using Necessary Evil), firefly/serenity, call of cthulu (before realms came out), post apocalyptic, and Judge Dredd.

This is because of the simplicity of the system.

The recommendation above to have a look at either Tour of Darkness or Weird War II I would agree with, both would add military based skills and edges and hindrances to the basic rules.

Any queries I'll be happy to help (if I can!)

Kalan
March 9th, 2010, 17:09
While not in the same time frame, you could also look to Necropolis for some of the troop style information. Another setting (which hasn't been converted to FG as yet) which could be helpful is the Agents of Oblivion setting from Reality Blurs.

GunnarGreybeard
March 9th, 2010, 23:52
Thanks for the input everyone. Guess I have some researching to do on the information you all posted. ;)