PDA

View Full Version : Inconsistent Crashing

dpeters911
March 9th, 2010, 07:08
I've had problems running a game for the apst few months.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

I have ESET Smart Security's firewall properly configured, the router's firewall properly forwarding to my machine.

However, the game crashes usually fails to connect.

It also crashes when my firewall is disabled on both the router/modem and within Windows.

I had uTorrent using TCP port 1802 previously.

When I'd start a game, even if uTorrent were closed (i.e. no process in the task manager), FGII would crash.

Well, I've switched the port on uTorrent to no longer conflict anymore.

Furthermore, I get the following IP address every tim I want to start a game (the only notification I receive from ESET when it's on):

133.21.240.77.static.louhi.net (77.240.21.133)
Port 80

-----------------------

What else could be the problem? Players usually crash just before or just after their tokens appear on my end.

Attached below is ESET's analysis while turned off (it passively monitors traffic, rather than filtering when I disable the firewall).

ddavison
March 11th, 2010, 05:30
Are you running over a wireless connection or are you hard-wired in to your router? You can also try running FG2 over a different port by passing it the command line switch "-p 1801" for instance. I wonder if uTorrent leaves some files running in the background that are causing interference.

Valarian
March 11th, 2010, 16:10
I've seen crashes due to corrupt portrait images. This sounds as though it might be this as the crashes occur after the portraits appear. Try replacing/removing the portrait images from the campaign portrait folder.

ddavison
March 13th, 2010, 22:09
It is also a good idea to temporarily remove any add-ons such as modules and extensions and see if the problem persists. There have been other people that had a bad module loaded or their token folder filled with a bunch of garbage that caused it to crash.