PDA

View Full Version : Dice macro's mad easier?

pming
March 9th, 2010, 04:17
Hiya.

FGII needs an easy way to create custom dice macro's, IMHO. Ideally, a 'simple' graphical interface would be a good start, but being able to delve into a "customDiceMacro" script and write our own would be great too.

Basically, I'm wanting a dice system where I can roll multiple dice of the same type (for example, d8), and take the highest result; however, for every other die that is also the maximum, I want to add one to the original die.

EXAMPLE: I roll 4d8 and get 4, 8, 8, 3. My total would be 9 (8, +1 for the second 8 ).

Is this currently possible, or will it likely be possible in the future?

^_^

Paul L. Ming

drahkar
March 9th, 2010, 09:20
This is implementable through code. Wouldn't take a whole lot to just create an extension that adds the ability to do this. What exactly are you needing the command for? Is it for some sort of custom roll for 4E? Savage worlds?

pming
March 9th, 2010, 10:16
Hiya.

The SilCORE ("Silhouette" Core system from Dream Pod 9) RPG. It uses d6's as a base, but you can optionally use d8's or d10's if you want to run a more heroic-style game. It's a skill-based system; your skill level gives you the number of dice to roll, your ability score applicable to that skill check is added to the total.

The system method I already explained above...it's a target number system; you roll your dice, and for every 'extra' maximum die it add's one to the result...you then add your ability score to that. The number of 'points' over your TN you rolled, the greater your "Margin of Success". This is a gauge on how well you did; but for damage it's a multiplier, for lifting it's a weight, etc. So if your MoS is 4 and the weapon you hit with has a damage rating of 6, you did 24 points of damage. Certain situations may require a specific MoS in addition to the TN. Well, at least that's my understanding...I'm still learning the system so my group and I can give it a whirl. :)

^_^

Paul L. Ming

drahkar
March 9th, 2010, 12:59
This is very definitely possible. I've never read that system, else I'd be able to offer a better idea on how things might be implemented.

Realistically this is something that would likely be best put into place by building out an actual ruleset for it. If its a system you really like, you might consider sending an email to [email protected] with the name of the system, the publisher and a little blurb about it. I know they are always on the lookout for systems to try and add to the repository of officially supported systems. :)

pming
March 10th, 2010, 00:25
Hiya.

Thanks, will do! :)

^_^

Paul L. Ming