PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Savage Worlds

CAV_CA
March 8th, 2010, 16:33
I purchased FG II and the Savage Worlds Rule set yesterday. After installing both and waiting an hour for the update to be finished I started poking around. While everything works fine in the Campaign area, the same cannot be said of the Create a Character portion.

When I select Savage Worlds, only the character sheet shows up. The Mods screen is empty. when I tried the 3.5 Rule set in the Character Creation portion it worked fine.

Am I only allowed to create SW characters in the Campaign area?

joshuha
March 9th, 2010, 00:17
I purchased FG II and the Savage Worlds Rule set yesterday. After installing both and waiting an hour for the update to be finished I started poking around. While everything works fine in the Campaign area, the same cannot be said of the Create a Character portion.

When I select Savage Worlds, only the character sheet shows up. The Mods screen is empty. when I tried the 3.5 Rule set in the Character Creation portion it worked fine.

Am I only allowed to create SW characters in the Campaign area?

Correct. Most rulesets do not support building characters in Local mode and need to be created from within the campaign. A ruleset needs to be updated to support local character mode differently and distributed in a special way that most ruleset developers don't have the time/knowledge/resources to do.

CAV_CA
March 9th, 2010, 11:02
Thank you Much.