PDA

View Full Version : Looking for two 4e players

primarch
March 8th, 2010, 00:22
Hi!

I'm looking for two players to round off a group of 5 for a new campaign that will run the H1-H3, P1-P3, E1-E3 (keep on the shadowfell etc) series of modules.

The group so far has the following:

Human Paladin
Dragonborn Fighter
Elven Ranger

We are looking for players whom enjoy playing controllers (wizards, etc) and Leaders (cleric, warlord, etc) to balance the party.

Games are on Sunday evening around 6PM to 9-10PM EST (GMT -5).

We are using Teamspeak3 for voice and winamp for background music.

If your interested post here a little about your self and what type of character you'd like to play from those mentioned above.

Primarch

Rodfriend
March 8th, 2010, 00:44
I game for Sunday night game I be willing to play a controller or leader if needed. I'm new to FGII but have experience in D&D all the way back to 1st edition.

STAT
March 8th, 2010, 17:48
Hey Primarch, I've been curious about playing through Keep on the Shadowfell after hearing so much talk about it so your game sounds like fun. As for a bit about me, I'm 27 and I've played and DM'ed DND for about 5 years now starting with 3.5, mostly on FG2. I've played 4th edition for 6'ish months now in a couple of campaigns.

I'm fine with playing either a leader or a controller and I already have a Half-Elf Inspiring Warlord and a Deva Wizard done up and mostly ready to go. They should both be a good fit in with the group as it currently stands but I'm more than willing to bring in something else if it'd be more helpful/appropriate.

Couple of questions:

1) Are there any limitations on which books/sources can be used?

2) Do you want a character background for characters?

3) What date are you looking to start the campaign on?

4) How do you use winamp for background music? It sounds like a cool idea and I'm curious how it will work.

If there's anything else you need to know, just PM or post.

primarch
March 8th, 2010, 19:34
Hey Primarch, I've been curious about playing through Keep on the Shadowfell after hearing so much talk about it so your game sounds like fun. As for a bit about me, I'm 27 and I've played and DM'ed DND for about 5 years now starting with 3.5, mostly on FG2. I've played 4th edition for 6'ish months now in a couple of campaigns.

I'm fine with playing either a leader or a controller and I already have a Half-Elf Inspiring Warlord and a Deva Wizard done up and mostly ready to go. They should both be a good fit in with the group as it currently stands but I'm more than willing to bring in something else if it'd be more helpful/appropriate.

Couple of questions:

1) Are there any limitations on which books/sources can be used?

2) Do you want a character background for characters?

3) What date are you looking to start the campaign on?

4) How do you use winamp for background music? It sounds like a cool idea and I'm curious how it will work.

If there's anything else you need to know, just PM or post.

Hi!

Either of you character choice would be a very good fit with the group, as to you questions:

1. You can use any book or source with the exception of setting specific material (no Forgotten realms or Eberron, so those books would be out).

2. I would like a character background, since I like to do character vignettes at the beginning (sort like short origin stories).

3. I'm looking to start either the last Sunday of this month of the first one in April. I would meet however with the two newest players beforehand to make sure all the technical aspects (teamspeak, winamp, etc) were running smoothly as well as for character creation and entry (I will provide modules for this). I would also like to run the group through a short "practice adventure to make sure everyone is comfortable with the interphase and how everything works.

4. I run a winamp server, where I have previously made playlist that run in a loop (music for exploring, suspense, battles, epic battles, etc). All you need is to connect to my server (I will provide the settings) with your free winamp program and enjoy the music. :)

Primarch

STAT
March 8th, 2010, 20:59
Well that all sounds great. Let me know if I make the cut :)

Panthine
March 8th, 2010, 22:31
Hi from down-under.. :830 on Monday morning start (my time)... almost seems worth missing a few hours work for... is this the only time slot?

Skizzt
March 9th, 2010, 00:09
I am very interested in joining your group. I want to play an invoker to fill the controller spot. I am from Turkey and i am 26 years old. I both love roleplaying and tactical battles. If you think that i fit the spot i expect your PM as soon as possible.

primarch
March 9th, 2010, 04:04
Hi!

Yes, Unfortunately its the only time slot due to work/family issues.

I have established a queue in the order I received the requests. I am contacting the first two and determining interest/compatibility. As I go through them I will notify when the slots are filled as well as any whom desire to be on a possible waiting list.

It will be a day or two as I sort through these.

Primarch

jonci
March 9th, 2010, 05:44
If you need a Wizard or Artificer (I can be tempted into other classes), I can join the team. I'm 28, stable schedule, and really need to get back into D&D to justify all the money I've spent on these books and D&D Insider. I'm also in Eastern time and undoubted available Sunday evenings.

Turkey-San
March 9th, 2010, 12:59
Id be well interested, i have never played before as people i know just are not interested. I have made a char who is a halfling rouge :)

primarch
March 9th, 2010, 16:46
Hi!

Thank you for the responses!

I have tentatively filled the two slots and notified those whom are in the waiting list.

Peter