PDA

View Full Version : Gurps

jafty
March 6th, 2010, 20:43
Below is the information from my forum about the Dark Modern game world I've started to develop.

The world is a lot like the world you see around you , just a little darker. At night in the alleys Vampires drink the blood of innocents. Deep below the public library mages practice all types of magic. Beastly men retreat to the woods before their body embraces it's second form. In a world this dark and wicked there is a force holding it all together. Every few years a man comes of age of exceptional holy grace. A man with a heart and soul so pure that he seems to be above normal men. He seems to draw power from above or beyond. The church commands his power to keep the dark forces of the world at bay.

Characters

At the moment most character templates are being developed. I want to encourage creative thinking here. It's an unstable dark world. Who knows what has yet to be discovered. Below are templates i'll be drawing up for the campaign.

Vampires: Six generations of blood line and a community in most major cities. They are the rulers of the night. All other communities of all types are wise to pay respect to the sire of the city.

Mages: Mages are the loose cannons... While their community has some structure, they tend to study any school of magic that tickles their fancy. That leaves a lot of others nervous because mages tend to tap into the unknown.

Storm children: A rare breed, they command the very forces of nature. They have no community, and usually remain hidden. To be on the wrong side of them is very dangerous because the power they wield can be used openly as its not unlikely for a lightning storm to roll in suddenly or unexpectedly. " The weather man was wrong again! He said no rain today!"

Templars: The holy warriors of the world. Each major city a group of templars who follow the command of the local bishop. Their life is one of sacrifice and hard work. They must maintain a holy life lest they fall out of favor with the one who grants them power.

Look and feel of the world

If I had to give you one mental picture of the world I would place you in an ally with a giant full moon. The buildings made of stone a chilly wind blowing through. Picture a man dressed in a black trench coat holding a woman limp in his arms with a blood trail coming from her neck

Feel free to come by my forum at: https://rpgs.x.am
or connect to my server ( if I have it up) at: oily fang bold pony
Both should have information about the game world and the characters in it.

If there are any GURPS players out there. I'm interested in feedback, and if you want to join!

Spyke
March 6th, 2010, 22:04
There's a small crowd who've expressed interest in GURPS over at Four Ugly Monsters. Our GURPS forum has fallen very quiet of late, but there are probably a few people lurking.

(I'm afraid I can't link, the site seems to be down at the moment.)

www.fouruglymonsters.com

Navigate to the GURPS group via the link to Groups on the menu.

Spyke

jafty
March 6th, 2010, 23:25
Spyke,

Thanks for the link. For some reason I cannot get that website to open. It appears it's server is down.

mr_h
March 7th, 2010, 02:17
I have been contemplating restarting/rebooting my GURPS WWII Campaign that made it a few sessions with my friends. Most of them got attacked by real life :(

jafty
March 7th, 2010, 02:27
That's awesome. I've always wanted to check out GURPS WWII. I'll give you a few ways to contact me.

YM: jwe0000
email: [email protected]
Live messenger: [email protected]

Lathrop Moses
May 11th, 2010, 23:28
Jafty, im interested in your campaign. Im a long time 3rd edition vet and have recently purchased many 4E rule sets. Currently i am playing in a Banestorm-The Civil War hosted by Marcus Egan. Also, im planning on playing in Ronnke's "A Empy Peace" Space campaign. I saw that you were in need of players and would love to join your game.

If you're interested in gaming as a player i would definitely recommend either of these campaigns. Marcus and I live in the same city and have been playing Gurps for years. Ronnke really knows his 4th edition rules and if even though i havent played in a game with him as gamemaster i'll bet the farm he's solid.

Moses

marcus_egan
May 12th, 2010, 07:10
right on Moses. I'm in the middle of starting a new job and moving to a new city but I mos definitely have plans to continue my Banestorm game.

I hesitate to join another game as a player, as I want to focus on Ronnke's Traveller game, but I'm glad to see another interested GURPS player on the forums.

Depending on the time and day you run it, maybe I could work it in, let me know.

Himo
May 12th, 2010, 07:46
I haven't played GURPs before but i would be interested in giving it a try. Depending on play time obviously.

Lathrop Moses
May 12th, 2010, 11:09
Sorry Marcus, i was actually trying to join Jafty's game. I was trying to recruit him for either the Banestorm or Space campaign. Jafty is trying to run a Dark Modern Gurps Campaign and is in need of players. I read your message and was a little lost. I know you plan on running your campaign and im lookn forward to it. Actually, im counting the days!

Alain (Farmboy)

marcus_egan
May 13th, 2010, 04:57
you're all good.

I was just trying to say that there are active GURPS games and players on the forum. My Banestorm game being one of them...

King Joey
May 13th, 2010, 20:02
. . . when might these be going on?

I don't actually have a schedule that would allow me to commit to a game, but I would like to see how it is done on FG2. I've played a ton of GURPS back in the day, and played some Pathfinder on FG2, but not tried out Spyke's GURPS ruleset yet.

marcus_egan
May 14th, 2010, 06:13
i usually run mine on Saturday's at 9pm GMT. Since I just started a new job though, it will be fortnightly sessions for the time being.

jafty
August 22nd, 2010, 19:08
I got a little frustrated with Fantasy Grounds lack of a Lobby, so I dropped off the radar for a while.

I'm starting to work on the Dark Modern world again. Please, feel free to message me or contact me in this forum if interested.

demonsbane
February 27th, 2011, 10:28
I got a little frustrated with Fantasy Grounds lack of a Lobby, so I dropped off the radar for a while.

Check the Fantasy Grounds 2 chat (https://fg2.rpg-vault.net/), it's working as a Lobby.

It has been just added to the home page: check this ddavison's post about the matter. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14224)

I'm starting to work on the Dark Modern world again. Please, feel free to message me or contact me in this forum if interested.

Reading about your campaign, I think that the forthcoming Monster Hunters (https://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=76063) books are going to interest you!