PDA

View Full Version : FG crashes: module issue

DM_BK
March 2nd, 2010, 20:29
Before the last update, when a person clicked on an embedded link to something in a module it would inform them that they needed to open the module file. Now it just crashes them. If they open all modules then it works correctly.

This started after the last update. I am using the 4e ruleset.

Additionally (bonus issue), a custom item's details do not show up to others until the GM hits share sheet. Which may be intentional but if you have a link to an item on a story sheet and share that story sheet....I would think anyone clicking on the items link would see its details. Once its been shared they can click on that link and it will appear filled out.

Doesn't seem like the way it should work....

Moon Wizard
March 3rd, 2010, 02:07
Can I ask what you are using the shared story windows and item links for?
Party inventory? Party handouts of some type? ...

Most of the time, campaign items are not shared except in pieces. Items are dropped on character inventories, story text is dropped into the chat window, etc.

The behavior of the story and item windows is as designed by the original SmiteWorks team. All campaign windows can only be viewed when shared by the GM. Reference links do not grant viewing privileges by association.

There is a fan project underway (not published yet) for party inventory that may be more along the lines of what you are looking for.

On the links crashing, I wasn't able to recreate the issue. I created a story entry with a link. I deactivated the module containing the link. When I try to open on the host, I get the could not open sheet warning message. When I share and try to open on the client, I get the same message.

Can you provide me with the steps to recreate in a new campaign?

Thanks,
JPG

DM_BK
March 6th, 2010, 15:11
All loot appears on a single story page so the party can pick out of the list what they want...so yes, it could be considered party loot page.

I guess we will just live with the module issue...its not really a big deal, I just thought I would bring it up as I thought it might be wider spread then just me.

Thanks!