PDA

View Full Version : Package Manifest Error

ddavison
March 1st, 2010, 06:41
Hello Everyone. If you are reading this then you might be one of those unfortunate individuals who have experienced a package manifest error while doing an update. The first thing to note is that this is probably nothing to do with your license key. We are still trying to gather information on this but we suspect it is related to the amount of large updates running concurrently on the server and/or network disconnects, or burps if you will, during the download of the update.

To improve your success with this, I recommend only doing a single update at a time from the same network. If you have 1 full and a couple lite licenses on your home network then just run them individually until they fully completed. Also, try to launch the update when there is less Internet traffic going on from your current system and/or network. If you can launch it before heading off to bed, it will run faster than if you launch it while playing World of Warcraft or streaming a movie in another window.

All issues that were reported for this eventually cleared up automatically by rerunning it again later. We don't normally have updates that were quite as large as the last batch so things should drop back to normal shortly.

Thanks,

Doug

metaDM
June 7th, 2010, 17:23
If it helps you troubleshoot, here is my experience. The first time I ran updated It failed. I noticed on the updatre screen the progress bar started at about the 25% mark instead of the the beginning of bar. As it loaded to 100%, the first 25% portion of bar stayed empty until it got to the next line. Unfortuantely I didn't note exactly which line did it but I think it was the 4E line

Akempis
July 18th, 2010, 21:54
I have a player that is constantly getting this error whether he has background programs turned off or not. He has v.3.6.5 and the button says 'get update' but it never seems to get through.

Up until now it hasn't been a problem as he has been able to play without any issues, but I updated the main campaign to 4E and now he can't see the maps properly - maybe an unrelated issue, I don't know - but now we're trying to get this resolved so he can be sure he's up-to-date. Is there any other way to update the program?

Quode
October 1st, 2010, 07:00
I am running Windows 7. No matter what I cannot download the update, with no home usage on the wireless the update gives me the same error code as its doing the 3.5 update.

I was able to get the update by going in to the Fantasy Grounds II folder.
Right clicking on FantasyGroundsUpdater
Clicking properties on the menu
Setting the file to operate in Windows 98/Me compatibility mode
hitting apply then running the program
All the pak files updated this way but the software still shows V2.6.5.

Regards
Ken

ddavison
October 2nd, 2010, 01:25
v2.6.5 is the latest official release at this time. 2.7.x is still in final stages of beta testing.

devfrag
December 1st, 2010, 16:42
I purchased the Ultimate edition today and I'm having the same issue. Any word on a fix? I've tried to update several times this morning but will continue to try.

Thanks

ddavison
December 4th, 2010, 21:15
Hello Devfrag,

If you used the new installer that came with the product, it should have a relatively small update from what you installed. These issues seem to affect people more when the update is very large. Have you been able to retrieve it yet or are you still having package manifest errors?

devfrag
December 5th, 2010, 04:53
Hello Devfrag,

If you used the new installer that came with the product, it should have a relatively small update from what you installed. These issues seem to affect people more when the update is very large. Have you been able to retrieve it yet or are you still having package manifest errors?

Thanks for the response. I continued to try over the next couple of days got it to work.

Koldoon
March 5th, 2011, 23:16
I am continuing to try to update, but I am still getting this error, seemingly regardless of the time I try to do the update. I will keep trying... it's giving the error immediately after the 4e line.

Koldoon
March 6th, 2011, 02:54
and of course as soon as I got frustrated enough to post, it finally completed the update. all is well.

Tarostar
March 27th, 2011, 12:15
I tried several times on different days and got the same manifest error each time. However, I tried Ken's suggestion earlier in this thread and as soon as I did it upgraded just fine. Phew, thanks Ken!

Blue Haven
June 16th, 2011, 20:45
This is so strange...i have to try to update it like 20 times lolol well but it works... :)
Was there any update today?? i got the flashing icon but after the update nothing new...strange...

Moon Wizard
June 16th, 2011, 21:30
There was a v2.8 update on the Test release, but you shouldn't have seen any updates unless you are helping test.

Regards,
JPG

Callum
June 17th, 2011, 12:08
On Tuesday, some of my players were asking me "Shall I run the update?" I told them I didn't think there was one, as we're all on 2.7.6 already, but I've seen "Update Available" when I've started up FG over the past few days.

Blue Haven
June 17th, 2011, 14:47
Yeah i got the update sign too but nothing new...and i´m not helping on the tests...

Moon Wizard
June 17th, 2011, 18:37
I made a minor change to the configuration files for 2.7.6, and it must have registered as a full update. When you run the update, there will be no changes.

Regards,
JPG