PDA

View Full Version : Heal

adminwheel3
March 1st, 2010, 00:55
It appears that when a healing ability grants a flat amount of healing the HEAL: X effect doesn't kick in.

Once I add a die to the effect, rather than just WIS+2 or something, I get that EFFECTS +4 bonus.

EugeneZ
March 1st, 2010, 06:39
Funny, I just found this bug the other day and forgot to report it. Thanks. Yeah, 'HEAL: n' works for, like, Healing Word, but not for powers like Healing Sun that grant die-less heals.

Moon Wizard
March 1st, 2010, 06:56
Some of the rules about when bonuses can be added are confusing. The healing effects are applied in the same way as the damage effects, which is why they are not applied unless dice are involved (which is correct for damage rolls based on Wizards customer service answers). There's a decent chance that my implementation is not completely correct, so I will do a little research.

* What power are you using that apply the bonus?
* What power do you think the bonus should be applied to?

Thanks,
JPG

EugeneZ
March 1st, 2010, 08:42
A player uses Beacon of Hope, which causes powers with the healing keyword to heal +5 (HEAL: 5).

He then uses Healing Sun (healing keyword), which creates a zone that under certain circumstances heals players for 5+CHA.

I see no reason why the healing bonus from Beacon of Hope wouldn't apply.

adminwheel3
March 1st, 2010, 20:32
Shaman Protector Spirit Spirit Boon: Any ally adjacent to your spirit companion regains hit points equal to your con modifier when they use second wind or when you use a healing power on them.

Combined with the Shaman at-will Spirit's Shield

Effect: On ally within 5 squares of your spirit companion regains hit points equal to your wisdom modifier.

So no die roll involved on the heal - it's just a flat amount.

Moon Wizard
March 1st, 2010, 22:29
Thanks for the examples. I will do a little research in the Wizards FAQs and customer service answers.

Based on the answers for damage rolls, I would guess that healing bonuses would only apply if dice rolled or HSV multiples used. However, I'll ask Wizards CS if I can't find an answer on the forums or FAQ.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 2nd, 2010, 01:15
OK, I couldn't find any specific answers, except that heal bonuses definitely do not apply to regeneration effects.

I've submitted a question to Wizards CS to figure out whether healing bonuses apply equally to fixed heals vs. HSV heals.

My guess is that it applies to all heals, and I was only able to find about 20 powers in the PHB/PHB2 where it's even a question.

I'll let you know more when I hear back.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 2nd, 2010, 20:34
I heard back from the Wizards CS team. According to their answers, healing bonuses apply to all heals, regardless if they are purely static or have HSV multiples.

Personally, I think this makes certain powers very powerful, especially the one that heals everyone in zone for the number of people in the zone. But, that's part of the game.

I will add a note to update the healing modifier code in the next ruleset patch.

Cheers,
JPG

adminwheel3
March 3rd, 2010, 03:00
Thanks much!